Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg (32115 Views)

COVID-19: Nobody Is Safe Until Everyone Is Vaccinated — Boss Mustapha / Shehu Sani: If Kano Is Not Safe, No State Is Safe / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2018
Drinking alcoholic beverages is linked to some 2.8 million deaths each year, according to researchers who concluded that there is no safe level of alcohol use.
The chemical in beer, wine and hard liquor is associated with nearly one in 10 deaths in people ages 15 to 49 around the world, making it the leading risk factor for people in that age range, according to an analysis of earlier studies, published in the Lancet medical journal.

The combined health risks associated with alcohol outweigh any possible benefits, said the University of Washington’s Max Griswold, an author of the analysis, in a statement. Although the study found that alcohol offered some protection against coronary-artery disease in women, “the strong association between alcohol consumption and the risk of cancer, injuries and infectious diseases” offset that.

“The conclusions of the study are clear and unambiguous: alcohol is a colossal global health issue,” said Robyn Burton of King’s College London, another author. “The solutions are straightforward: Increasing taxation creates income for hard-pressed health ministries, and reducing the exposure of children to alcohol marketing has no downsides.”

The article is the latest salvo to hit alcoholic-beverage companies in a long-running debate over the safety of their products. In April, another large analysis of earlier studies, also published in the Lancet, found some reduction in heart attacks among drinkers but concluded that alcohol use increased the risk of premature death from several other ailments.
The world’s largest liquor producers, such as Smirnoff vodka owner
Diageo Plc and Chivas Regal whisky maker Pernod Ricard SA, have long promoted moderation to address health concerns. They’ve adopted a drink-less-but-better mantra that seeks to appease critics while boosting the bottom line by selling more expensive products. Diageo has also acquired a minority stake in
Seedlip, an alcohol-free drink that aims to deliver the depth of flavor and mouthfeel of a high-end spirit.

The main causes of alcohol-related deaths in the 15-to-49 age group were tuberculosis, road injuries and self-harm, the study found. For those older than 50, the leading alcohol-related cause of death was cancer.

The authors took data from nearly 700 previous studies to estimate the prevalence of alcohol in different countries, finding that the biggest drinkers were in European countries. The average Romanian man drank the equivalent of 8.2 bottles of beer a day in 2016, the most in the world. The countries that drink the least alcohol have mostly Muslim populations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-23/no-amount-of-alcohol-use-is-safe-analysis-of-studies-finds

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Acjohn(m): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2018
Yet some will say because Jesus change water to wine, its safe others will say Bible says don't drink too much I wonder where they took that from.

If at least they explain the bible to satiate their desires o wonder how they will explain this discovery to fit into their desires

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Alcoholics now

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2018
Some are very safe with health benefits e.g Jedi, okpa eyin, ale, ashiama, ginger and garlic with hot, bajinotu, small leaf, action bitter, black wood.

Take 3 shots before match for heavy and effective kpanshing.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Partnerbiz(f): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2018
Such health researches are also influenced to favour big coys.

What do expect when they sponsor most.

They won't like this..

Make cash by selling airtime to us at juicy rates.

Also come for cheap data.

Na dem dey rush us now oo.. shocked

See over 723 testimonies from members here below.

Nkea bu nke anyi

042 Amaka.
Otu Onicha amakazi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by tstx(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2018
Hmm. na wa ooo make this people make up their mind na.... this same people said that those who take alcohol live longer than those who don't in the study below...
which one are we going to believe.

People Who Consume Alcohol Live Longer Than Those Who Don’t – Study

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Aldebaran(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2018
I thank Allah for making me a MUSLIM grin

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by nairaman66(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Researchers sometimes are confused! They will say do this and later tell you never to do it!! I simply think Alcohol making companies have stepped on toes for this news to make the rounds!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Solomonudofia(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2018
ALSO CHECK : 5 Natural Ways To Quit Cigarette Smoking

There’s no way around it, smoking is bad for your health.

As a matter of fact, nearly every organ of the body is destroyed by smoking. And statistically speaking, cigarette smoking leads to eighty-seven percent of lung cancer, as deaths are tied to its prevalent usage
.READ MORE VIA LINK BELOW

https://wizyhow..com/2018/03/health-here-are-5-natural-ways-to-quit.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Calabarmannn: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Forget that thing..... Manya Manya oh!!!!!
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by jchioma: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Alcohol has killed more people than projected.

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Solomon, one of the wisest men who’ve ever lived, said, "Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper." (Proverbs 23:31)

I tell you, alcohol has shattered more lives, destroyed families and rendered many into penury.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 912(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2018
come to think of it what have these so-called scientists said is safe? undecided
chicken not safe
beef not safe
pounded yam - too much starch not safe
palm oil (when my grandma used till she was 90) not safe - too much cholesterol
groundnut oil not safe
egusi - too much oil - not safe
etc etc

now no amount of alcohol is safe undecided they should tell that to the old women that have been using it to brush their teeth in warri and are still strong

mtchewww silly scientists that will do anything just to gain prominence.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by ednut1(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2018
Doesnt stop me from drinking orijin today

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Ebimor96: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2018
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by zicoraads: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2018
Mtchewwwwwwwwww!!!

So I should be sipping water when I'm reading at night?

In Nigeria, the chances of getting killed by either the police, bad roads, terrible health care system, bandits, Fulani herdsmen etc. is much more than getting killed by alcohol.

In short, make I remove my Bullet from fridge now nau. This report don vex me. angry

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Primusinterpares(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2018
Why are they confusing people with their researches na ....

But if Dem like make Dem announce am with town cryer...
Bottles go still go down today.

#Nigerians kindly say no to alcohol.
* lemme come and be going o

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Elnino4ladies: 11:52am On Aug 26, 2018
They should shove their report up their Assess

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Humblega(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2018
to make the matter worse, our generation has taken drinking alcohol to next level

* some takes it with some other dangerous chemical like opioid drugs e.g tramadol, codein,

* Some takes gins with higheir % of alcohol dan beers eg. alomo bitters, heneishen

* taking alcohol has been means u ar higher in levels, wealth and being in town

* some takes in everyday as a means of show off.......Oja

the Nigeria future is dark

But wetin concern me!!!

3 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Philinho(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God Me and my Family will never drink alcohol.

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by thatigboman: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2018
Ok. We don hear.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by mayDtolu(m): 11:54am On Aug 26, 2018
Dah one doesn't stop me from taking Opa eyin and Jedi Jedi from Iya Bisi alagbo.....
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by handsomeyinka(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2018
..Thank God I don't drink alcohol,

I ONLY DRINK RED WINE.

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2018
As someone with a super alcohol treshhold I can tell you for free that alcohol reduces the the physical and spiritual frequency of it's drinker , every sip of alcohol actually back dates you jbutvmany don't know ...Its also a gift from the gods than must be taken with ablotvof wisdom
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by jumper524(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2018
researchers dis days wan just wreck human being.. being an addict is the only bad thing i know in drinking..

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by wwwtortoise(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Sometimes when I recall of all the money I have spent on alcohol I feel sad and ashamed.

But then I remember the brewery workers; their dreams and aspirations. If I don't 'pop bottles', they will record significant drop in sales and might possibly be out of work.

I simply smile and say to myself "I rather continue my patronage and grow the brewery than to be selfish and worry about my liver".

#Hero Mmanyam!
grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by cnnamoko(m): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God am above 50

3 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by abdulaz: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
WEED IS LIFE

2 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 1Dray(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
Aldebaran:
I thank Allah for making me a MUSLIM grin

More like for making you a potential terrorist.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by mustafa006: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Some are very safe with health benefits e.g Jedi, okpa eyin, ale, ashiama, ginger and garlic with hot, bajinotu, small leaf, action bitter, black wood.

Take 3 shots before match for heavy and effective kpanshing.
Exactly there are some percentage of benefits you derive from its but it harms outnumber or outweigh it benefits

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vaginal Discharge: How To Tell If It’s Normal / Jack Dorsey To Donate $1 Billion To Fund Global COVID-19 Relief / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Imo (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.