Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg (32136 Views)

COVID-19: Nobody Is Safe Until Everyone Is Vaccinated — Boss Mustapha / Shehu Sani: If Kano Is Not Safe, No State Is Safe / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Dareal90s(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
1Dray:

More like for making you a potential terrorist.
Muslims takes alcohol most, and they smoke a lot, even when their holy book tells them not to.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Zoe99(f): 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
The sad thing is that the liver doesn't give clues that it's bad until it's 70% damaged or more.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 1Dray(m): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dareal90s:

Muslims takes alcohol most, and they smoke a lot, even when their holy book tells them not to.

True, I know a couple of core northern Muslims that drink. Even one of their governor that I know drink but in secret places . Yet they keep deceiving themselves that they are practicing Sharia. Bunch of Hypocrites!
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 912(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

If scientist say HIV is real they are not silly.
If they tell you lack of good hygiene predisposes one to many disease they are not silly, but the moment they tell you that your baby and dearest love alcohol is not safe they became silly without counter evidence?
Bros, why we stubborn like dis?
I am wondering if education is just for only reading without comprehension.

You don't need scientists to tell you about HIV being real or good hygiene been good. Those are as plain as day. And I didn't say anything without evidence. I just pointed out to you that my granny lived till 90 while eating palm oil, pounded yam etc. I also said lots of old women in Warri and even Bayelsa brush their teeth with ogogoro on a daily basis and they are still living longer than those so-called scientists that are prophesying doom.

Mind you, I do not drink, however, that doesn't stop me from been open-minded enough to question what someone somewhere is saying when I can see clear evidence to the contrary. What you are doing is like concluding that all Muslims are suicide boomers when clearly there are some that don't believe it is justifiable to kill people. Don't just believe things blindly. with all due respect, you have got your own eyes and brain to see, think and reason.

If you hate drinking because of some religious or personal reasons then that's fine. but don't come here and tell me that no amount of alcohol is safe. even Elijah said you can take a little wine for the stomach sake. And for years, the same scientists have been saying over and over again that red wine is good for your heart.

It is an abuse of alcohol that is bad. Taking it in a small quantity does no harm to you.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
1Dray:

Remain a terrorist you, like we care.
Being a Muslim doesn't mean you don't drink, you hypocrite. I know of an handful of Muslims, core northerners that smoke. I know be they are my colleagues and I had seen them drink and smoke but in hidden places.

They hide to. drink. because of the shame and stigma that goes with it.
If it was something to be proud of they would have been doing it openly.
Hiding to do an act is not hypocrisy it is called being shameful.
This shameless behaviour is what is promoting evil everywhere.
Islaam frowns on open sinning so that people don't take such act as an example which may ultimately lead to the break down in societal norms if everybody starts doing it.
For example, we all know that to defraud somebody is evil, but because people now openly do it without shame or questions the society especially the material driven youth are now taking it as a norm.
This is what Islaam frowns at which you people do not like.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
912:

You don't need scientists to tell you about HIV being real or good hygiene been good. Those are as plain as day. And I didn't say anything without evidence. I just pointed out to you that my granny lived till 90 while eating palm oil, pounded yam etc. I also said lots of old women in Warri and even Bayelsa brush their teeth with ogogoro on a daily basis and they are still living longer than those so-called scientists that are prophesying doom.

Mind you, I do not drink, however, that doesn't stop me from been open-minded enough to question what someone somewhere is saying when I can see clear evidence to the contrary. What you are doing is like concluding that all Muslims are suicide boomers when clearly there are some that don't believe it is justifiable to kill people. Don't just believe things blindly. with all due respect, you have got your own eyes and brain to see, think and reason.

If you hate drinking because of some religious or personal reasons then that's fine. but don't come here and tell me that no amount of alcohol is safe. even Elijah said you can take a little wine for the stomach sake. And for years, the same scientists have been saying over and over again that red wine is good for your heart.

It is an abuse of alcohol that is bad. Taking it in a small quantity does no harm to you.

I am talking science he his talking about his granny in the village.
Do you know if your granny was/is suffering from one form of ailment that was induced by alcohol?
How am I sure what you are saying has been scientifically proven.
Alcohol may have some benefit(employment increase, revenue generation and other monetary gains that accrues from it) no doubt, overall the overwhelming evidence against it makes it a no no.
I have not heard from any health professional who has endorsed the drinking of alcohol all my life yet, you who have no knowledge of how human health works is trying to prove to me that alcohol can still of benefit.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
1Dray:

True, I know a couple of core northern Muslims that drink. Even one of their governor that I know drink but in secret places . Yet they keep deceiving themselves that they are practicing Sharia. Bunch of Hypocrites!

They hide to drink because of the shame and stigma that goes with it.
If it was something to be proud of they would have been doing it openly.
Hiding to do an act is not hypocrisy it is called being shameful.
This shameless behaviour is what is promoting evil everywhere.
Islaam frowns on open sinning so that people don't take such act as an example which may ultimately lead to the break down in societal norms if everybody starts doing it.
For example, we all know that to defraud somebody is evil, but because people now openly do it without shame or questions the society especially the material driven youth are now taking it as a norm.
This is what Islaam frowns at which you people do not like.

It only becomes hypocrisy according to Islaam if a person sins and calls that such action is permissible after its impermissibility have been explained to him and still goes ahead to do it not out of weak faith the. we can say such an act is hypocrisy.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by curlarpy: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
zicoraads:
Mtchewwwwwwwwww!!!

So I should be sipping water when I'm reading at night?

In Nigeria, the chances of getting killed by either the police, bad roads, terrible health care system, bandits, Fulani herdsmen etc. is much more than getting killed by alcohol.

In short, make I remove my Bullet from fridge now nau. This report don vex me. angry

Let too go get better Origin jaare
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 912(m): 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

I am talking science he his talking about his granny in the village.
Do you know if your granny was/is suffering from one form of ailment that was induced by alcohol?
How am I sure what you are saying has been scientifically proven.
Alcohol may have some benefit(employment increase, revenue generation and other monetary gains that accrues from it) no doubt, overall the overwhelming evidence against it makes it a no no.
I have not heard from any health professional who has endorsed the drinking of alcohol all my life yet, you who have no knowledge of how human health works is trying to prove to me that alcohol can still of benefit.

I know better than to argue with the thick but I will just indulge you. let me help your ignorance since you "haven't heard a professional" say wine is good. the below links are articles from three of the major healthcare practitioners know worldwide. Healthline, Mayo clinic and Menshealth
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/red-wine-good-or-bad
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart.../in.../red-wine/art-20048281
https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a19539547/red-wine-health-benefits/

There are more from renowned healthcare providers and numerous research work you can read online. Please help yourself. clearly, from your name, you have been raised to see alcohol as something from the devil. so I am not shocked by how convinced you are that alcohol is totally bad. keep your religion in one corner and use your reasoning. It helps trust me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to convince you because I know that is like forcing a horse to drink from a stream or asking ISIS to love gay people. I am just saying that you don't have to believe everything someone that claims to be a scientist say simply because it agrees with your religious beliefs. That is the worse thing a man can do to his reasoning.

No need getting on my mention because the last thing I would want is getting into an argument with someone who clearly can't separate their religious beliefs from science.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
912:

I know better than to argue with the thick but I will just indulge you. let me help your ignorance since you "haven't heard a professional" say wine is good. the below links are articles from three of the major healthcare practitioners know worldwide. Healthline, Mayo clinic and Menshealth
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/red-wine-good-or-bad
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart.../in.../red-wine/art-20048281
https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a19539547/red-wine-health-benefits/

There are more from renowned healthcare providers and numerous research work you can read online. Please help yourself. clearly, from your name, you have been raised to see alcohol as something from the devil. so I am not shocked by how convinced you are that alcohol is totally bad. keep your religion in one corner and use your reasoning. It helps trust me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to convince you because I know that is like forcing a horse to drink from a stream or asking ISIS to love gay people. I am just saying that you don't have to believe everything someone that claims to be a scientist say simply because it agrees with your religious beliefs. That is the worse thing a man can do to his reasoning.

No need getting on my mention because the last thing I would want is getting into an argument with someone who clearly can't separate their religious beliefs from science.

oga, you can do reasoning on your own no probs.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by kaywhy09(m): 2:19am On Aug 27, 2018
Alcohol is just a necessary evil to some.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by nairaman66(m): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

oga, do you r esearch and tell us the benefit.
Even almighty God knew before man started delving into science that alcohol is the mother of all Evil.
Alcohol is the only disease that is sold in bottle and advertised on television h
that generates income tax for governments, enrich people and destroy families and shatter the society.

If alcohol was bad why did Jesus Christ in his earthly days turned water into wine??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jack Dorsey To Donate $1 Billion To Fund Global COVID-19 Relief / Common Foods That Cause Food Poisoning / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Imo (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.