Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,247 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? (737 Views)

Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife / I Want To Be A Policeman, Says Boy In 'mummy Calm Down' Viral Video / Ewedu Soup Kills Policeman, His Pregnant Wife, Entire Family, 2 Dogs In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Why do policemen always want to be friends or close to me?

In fact, I have about 5 different policemen, two are of SARS, 3 CID detectives and the other a normal policemen. Whenever we meet for the first time on different occasions, they would always later call me to hang out and at times would want to visit me, but on so many occasions, I have always given one excuse or the other. In fact, as am typing now, one is calling my phone which I have not picked.

At times, they give me several calls, some of which I pick and some which I do not pick.

Am having the traditional mentality that policemen can't be trusted friends, i.e. they can betray trust at any slight issue.

The funniest thing is that some of these police guys are very gentle, civil and look harmless, but am afraid of becoming a Policeman a right hand man.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by SifonAbasi(f): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
Yes. Depending on the individual and his upbringing.

If they persist, it could be that they want to use you to get information maybe from your locality or about someone you know too well.

Just be extremely careful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by donbachi(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
Policing could be ur original calling
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by Exponental(m): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Maybe your destiny changed from being a police or maybe you have a criminal mindset and they either want to tap from you or to caution you.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
trust a police man at your own peril.

even if one of my immediate family members is a policeman, he should get fvvck off the relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by Kingdante(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
Trust no policeman,infact policemen don’t even trust fellow policemen, so be careful ooo..... even giving them your phone number is very risky..... if your must eat with the devil use a very long spoon..................... be careful of PHCN staff (aka NEPA) as well, they are sane thing with policemen.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
The day you become a Nigerian policeman's friend is the day your death-day starts approaching by hundreds of kilometers per hour.

If he doesn't set you up for a criminal offence, the armed bandits in your locality will surely gun you down for being an informant to the police.

Wisdom, they say, is profitable to direct - because wisdom considers the best and the safest way in every decision.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by ecolime(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
You better run for your life.

Btw, do you work in a Police barracks? How come you have a number of them close to you?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by eluquenson(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
They are human like you and I, the only difference is they are law enforcement officials.

You can be good friends but note that they are very useful tool for you when the need arises.
Don't look at the fact that many bad eggs are in that profession.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
eluquenson:
They are human like you and I, the only difference is they are law enforcement officials.

You can be good friends but note that they are very useful tool for you when the need arises.
Don't look at the fact that many bad eggs are in that profession.

go make friends with dem, na there u go know say they are not d same human being as you and I...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
nickxtra:
Why do policemen always want to be friends or close to me?

In fact, I have about 5 different policemen, two are of SARS, 3 CID detectives and the other a normal policemen. Whenever we meet for the first time on different occasions, they would always later call me to hang out and at times would want to visit me, but on so many occasions, I have always given one excuse or the other. In fact, as am typing now, one is calling my phone which I have not picked.

At times, they give me several calls, some of which I pick and some which I do not pick.

Am having the traditional mentality that policemen can't be trusted friends, i.e. they can betray trust at any slight issue.

The funniest thing is that some of these police guys are very gentle, civil and look harmless, but am afraid of becoming a Policeman a right hand man.

A) do you give your phone number to EVERYBODY who approaches you, or just policemen?!
B) if only policemen approach you, then ask yourself what it is about YOU that attracts "only" these people?
C) if you indeed think that policemen shouldnt be trusted, then why on earth would you give them your phone # to begin with?!

but the most important question IS D) why would you give ANYONE your phnone #, and then not pick the call when that same person calls you?! i dont get it
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2018
donbachi:
Policing could be ur original calling
How?
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=MrNipplesLover post=70638794]

Say it again..
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by eluquenson(m): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2018
MrNipplesLover:

go make friends with dem, na there u go know say they are not d same human being as you and I...
I don't need to make friends with them cos they are my colleagues, it is you that needs to change your orientation towards them.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:22am On Aug 27, 2018
MrNipplesLover:

You are saying something

1 Like

Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2018
ecolime:
You better run for your life.

Btw, do you work in a Police barracks? How come you have a number of them close to you?
I don't, some live around my area, through whom I met others.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2018
Zoharariel:
The day you become a Nigerian policeman's friend is the day your death-day starts approaching by hundreds of kilometers per hour.

If he doesn't set you up for a criminal offence, the armed bandits in your locality will surely gun you down for being an informant to the police.

Wisdom, they say, is profitable to direct - because wisdom considers the best and the safest way in every decision.
Insightful!
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2018
Kingdante:
Trust no policeman,infact policemen don’t even trust fellow policemen, so be careful ooo..... even giving them your phone number is very risky..... if your must eat with the devil use a very long spoon..................... be careful of PHCN staff (aka NEPA) as well, they are sane thing with policemen.
Thank you.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by nickxtra(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2018
SifonAbasi:
Yes. Depending on the individual and his upbringing.

If they persist, it could be that they want to use you to get information maybe from your locality or about someone you know too well.

Just be extremely careful.
Thanks
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2018
eluquenson:
I don't need to make friends with them cos they are my colleagues, it is you that needs to change your orientation towards them.

I hear you.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by Kingdante(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
grin
nickxtra:
Thank you.
Re: Can A Policeman Be A Trusted Friend? by sweetlaw: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
nope!!!!!

i cant fucking make a snake my pet

(1) (Reply)

Am Into Cleaning Of Apartments.. / Crush That Crush, Save Your Marriage: Pastor Adeboye Says(see Reactions) / What Will You Make Of This Conversation Between A Guy And His Fiancee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.