Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,721 members, 7,851,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife (388 Views)

Pure Water Seller Arrested Over Sex With Top Businessman’s Wife / I Am Confused As A Father And As Husband / Woman Cries As Husband Surprises Her On Her Birthday With IPhone, Money In Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by TonyRazor(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2021
Tony Okafor

Insecurity: I'll prefer a pure water seller as husband to a policeman - cop's wife

The attack on police personnel and police formations in Anambra State climaxed with the attack on the Zonal Police Headquarters, Ukpo, Anambra State in April.

The attack was about the ninth of such onslaughts on police and other security agents in the state this year.

In February, criminals attacked policemen at Mkpologwu and Omogho communities in the Aguata and Orumba North Local Government Areas, respectively, killing four policemen and set their patrol vehicles ablaze. They also made away with victims' guns.

In March , gunmen killed three policemen, who were on duty at a location in Neni community, in the Anaocha LGA of the state, and carted away their rifles. They also set their patrol vehicles ablaze.

The same day, three naval officers on duty at Awkuzu, Oyi LGA, were attacked and killed. Their guns and other military equipment were equally taken away by their killers.

The same month, the hoodlums attacked a vehicle belonging to the Nigeria Correctional Service on a court duty, killing one officer and a policewoman who boarded the vehicle from the court in Ekwulobia.
A former Governor of the Central Bank, Prof Chukwuma Soludo was attacked about the same period in his Isuofia home town in Aguata Local Government Area of the state during a meeting with youths in the area over his governorship ambition on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance . Three policemen were killed on the occasion and their guns taken away.
These ugly scenario, sent jitters to police personnel in the state . It is rare to see policemen going to work in the state in their uniforms.

"Most of us wear plain clothes to work these days. Life has no duplicate", a cop stated.

This situation ostensibly is working on their psyche and those of their relations.

A wife of policeman in the state, Ogendi Chinasa said," My friend's husband was killed the other at Umunze in Orumba North Local Government Area of the state about two months ago.

The hoodlums just attacked them without any provocation at a checkpoint and killed two of them and took their rifles. My friend suddenly became a widow, with five young children to cater for. It's painful and frightening. They have back to their hometown in Kogi State because of that incident. So, I have told my husband to get himself prepared to quit that police job after December.

He can't continue with that police work after December. No, he won't. And he has seen reason with me why he won't continue with that job. Even if it's 'pure (sachet) water' that we will be selling, I will be happier with that than for him to continuie with police work in this situation.
The feeling was not different with the daughter of a policeman, who gave her name as Ujunwa.
She said, "My father has been a sergeant since I have come to know him as my father.

They have refused to promote him, despite his dedication. I couldn't go to higher institution because my father could not afford it for me. We are six siblingsin my family. I'm the first. I left secondary school in 2019 and I now sell Zobo drinks to assist in the family.

My five siblings are there struggling to get basic education. So, Why should dad continue with police work with this insecurity in the country? I think he should retire now and use his retirement benefits now that he is still young to start small business. Mom died of cancer last year, we won't want to lose dad to unknown gunmen. These people are killing policemen like Christmas fowls on daily basis.

But Daalu Nwanna, a husband to a police woman, said he had no reason to withdraw his wife from the force.

"My wife, and generally women, in the force don't carry guns, so they are not targets. The gunmen target those who carry guns because they are stockpiling arms and ammunitioning for reasons only them know. My wife works at the state police command head office.

She is like any other civil servant. So, she is not a target. Those who are targets should decide what to do for themselves. They can resign if the so feel; but remember death is everywhere humans exist, not only in the police.

Be it as it may, the police command said it is on top of the security situation in the state, including motivation arrangements for police personnel.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu told our correspondent that the Commissioner of Police, Chris Owolabi, was taking steps to boost personnel morale in the command.

The PPRO said,"For us in Anambra state police command it's call for more work and our men are more dedicated and motivated to serve.

"The administration of the Commissioner of Police ,Chris Owolabi has everyday revived strategy with the aim to earn the trust of the good people of Anambra and together we shall police effectively."

Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by temitope27(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2021
You can even compare a policeman to pure water seller cos police are armed robbers in uniform
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by Franklyspeakin: 6:58pm On May 24, 2021
The Nigerian police mad the citizens loose respect for them. I can't forget when SARS officials harassed me I asked what my offence was, it was because I was inside an air conditioned vehicle while they stood under the sun. My papers where complete ooo. That was simply my offence.
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by DDDEnterprises: 7:06pm On May 24, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
The Nigerian police mad the citizens loose respect for them. I can't forget when SARS officials harrased me I asked what my of fence was, it was because I was inside an air conditioned vehicle while they stood under the sun. My papers where complete ooo. That was simply my of fence.

I believe you bro.

But the way you presented your comment makes it seem as if they harassed you because you didn't know how to spell "offence".
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by Bayajidda1: 7:13pm On May 24, 2021
grin
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by Bayajidda1: 7:13pm On May 24, 2021
grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 24, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

I believe you bro.

But the way you presented your comment makes it seem as if they harassed you because you didn't know how to spell "offence".

You are petty; Mr Spell
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by Franklyspeakin: 8:44am On May 25, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

I believe you bro.

But the way you presented your comment makes it seem as if they harassed you because you didn't know how to spell "of fence".

Even you can't spell too
Re: Insecurity: I'll Prefer A Pure Water Seller As Husband To A Policeman - Wife by bukatyne(f): 10:15am On May 25, 2021
While the insecurity is responsible for the lives cut short (God's condolences to their families), it is not responsible for the poverty and poor quality of life.

How can a police officer have five, six children?

It is the height of irresponsibility!

We need to be more intentional in our choices.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Stolen From Your From Your Parents When You Are Young? / BLESSED SEEDS CONCEPTS GENERATORS / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.