Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Java Guru Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Guru Help (2531 Views)

Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer / What Topics To Cover In Java To Be A Guru? / Software Guru,help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
all your posts on java mostly appear to me as semantics of some unknown foreign language
I want to be proficient in java
just give me how I can learn fast
I have materials
but still appreciate and welcome any new tutorial....am sooo eager!..*smiles*...
thank you nairalander.
Re: Java Guru Help by sweetpawn2: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2010
I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU BUT FIRST YOU MUST HELP YOURSELF BY ANSWERING THESE. . .

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LEARN PROGRAMMING?

WHY MUST YOU USE JAVA( ANY SPECIAL REASON OR IMMPRESSION ABOUT THE LANGUAGE?)

WHICH IS HEAVIER? A POUND OF FEATHERS OR A POUND OF GOLD AND WHY(THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU ANSWER!)

WHAT LANGUAGE DOES THE PC UNDERSTAND?

FORGIVE ME IF THE QUESTIONS SOUND UNRELATED TO YOU, BUT AS I SAID, IF YOU NEED MY HELP, I WILL NEED THESE ANSWERS!
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2010
I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU BUT FIRST YOU MUST HELP YOURSELF BY ANSWERING THESE. . .

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LEARN PROGRAMMING?

WHY MUST YOU USE JAVA( ANY SPECIAL REASON OR IMMPRESSION ABOUT THE LANGUAGE?)

WHICH IS HEAVIER? A POUND OF FEATHERS OR A POUND OF GOLD AND WHY(THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU ANSWER!)

WHAT LANGUAGE DOES THE PC UNDERSTAND?

FORGIVE ME IF THE QUESTIONS SOUND UNRELATED TO YOU, BUT AS I SAID, IF YOU NEED MY HELP, I WILL NEED THESE ANSWERS!

1. want to learn because hav got that predilection for programming after being taken through c, java, BASIC, fortran90 and assembly language
and fealt i was outstanding and could create new things on my own
2. yea, cos of the packages built in it, so make application easier, for large programming projects its better since it is object oriented
and more of friendly lang
3. pound of gold, definitely a pound is about 200kg, obviously pounds are not used to measure non-metals, feathers?
4. machine language
pls give me my score card
Re: Java Guru Help by sweetpawn2: 10:22am On Jun 30, 2010
OKAY DUDE!
YOU PASSED 1,2 AND 4 SO YOU HAVE 3 OUT OF FOUR!
QUESTION 3 WAS TO TEST YOUR ABILITY TO REASON DESPITE THE OBVIOUS( WHICH IS A SKILL EVERY GOOD PROGRAMMER NEEDS) . NOW YOU TELL ME WHY QUESTION 3 IS NOT CORRECT!

FINE YOU SAY YOU HAVE (FROM ANSWER TO QUESTION 1, BEEN TAKEN THROUGH JAVA. HOW GOOD ARE YOU IN JAVA AND WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT TO LEARN? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN MIND YOU WOULD WANT TO USE IT FOR , IF WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT SO FAR IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU.

ANOTHER QUESTION:
USING ANY LANGUAGE OF YOUR CHOICE, DO THIS:
A PROGRAM TO CAL. THE ALMIGHTY FORMULA FLAGS ERROR MESSAGE TO USER IF THE DETERMINANT PART IS LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO ZERO.

CHEERS!
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
can I still answer them?

I hope u gonna pardon me for delay,

I never knew you replied so fast, school work!!!

please, so we could conclude to something
Re: Java Guru Help by lordZOUGA(m): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
kul number 3 question, Can another person answer??
Re: Java Guru Help by bheyordune: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2012
The answer to the 3rd question: None is heavier. They are both 2pounds in weight
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
sweet-_pawn, pls give the answer to the 3rd questions,
thans
Re: Java Guru Help by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 1:05am On Jan 17, 2012
omo_to_dun:

^
They both weigh the same because each weighs 1 pound.

A POUND OF FEATHERS OR A POUND OF GOLD

yeah, thanks omotodun

so sweet_pawn, ur questions have been answered correctly, lets continue the discussion, thanks
Re: Java Guru Help by Mrkunle: 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
Hello Great Programmers, pls i need link to download Java Compiller. In other to start learning the program. Thanks in Anticipation.
Re: Java Guru Help by Mrkunle: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2012
I have downloaded Textpad & Dr. Java, but i have not been able to run the programme. These are whet i get when i try to compille the programm:

TextPad:

C:\Documents and Settings\GRACE HEIGHT\Desktop\Pls Work\HelloWorldConsole.java:3: error: package acm.program does not exist
import acm.program.*;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\GRACE HEIGHT\Desktop\Pls Work\HelloWorldConsole.java:4: error: cannot find symbol
public class HelloWorldConsole extends ConsoleProgram
                                       ^
  symbol: class ConsoleProgram
C:\Documents and Settings\GRACE HEIGHT\Desktop\Pls Work\HelloWorldConsole.java:8: error: cannot find symbol
println("Hello World"wink;
^
  symbol:   method println(String)
3 errors

Tool completed with exit code 1

Dr. Java:

1 error found:
File: C:\Documents and Settings\GRACE HEIGHT\Desktop\Java\HelloWorldConsole.java  [line: (no source location)]
Error: No compiler is available.

Pls help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Java Guru Help by Fayimora(m): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
Firstly, you are trying to use a package that doesn't exist. Before, I say anything, can you please what it is you are trying to do? Are you trying to learn how to program? I am asking because I want to understand why you are importing that package.
Re: Java Guru Help by Mrkunle: 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
Thanks you fayimora. I am trying to learn Java. Someone told me i need Java editor (thats why i download Dr. Java and Textpad). I will really appreciate any assistance you rendered to me.
Re: Java Guru Help by logic101: 8:01am On Jan 24, 2012
mr kunle download eclipse or netbeans.Create a java project and a java class and run your hello world in the java class.You do not need to import anything to run it.
Re: Java Guru Help by Mrkunle: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2012
Thank you Logic, am already doing the download. I will get back to you when am through with the set up.
Re: Java Guru Help by Mrkunle: 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
@logic 101, i have both NetBeans and Eclipse installed and Running on my system Now. Can we have discussion on messenger, my id is kenzyma@yahoo.co.uk. You can add me. Thank you.
Re: Java Guru Help by nelojay: 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
i need help pls. i get these error message wen compiling with command prompt. "cannot find symbol" and "package does not exist"
i will be gratfull if we can talk on phone . if i get ur mobile my email is chineduchinaka@yahoo.com
Re: Java Guru Help by GreyBeard: 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
nelojay:

i need help pls. i get these error message wen compiling with command prompt. "cannot find symbol" and "package does not exist"
i will be gratfull if we can talk on phone . if i get ur mobile my email is chineduchinaka@yahoo.com

Can you post the code you are trying to compile here.
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thanks Guys, looking back could not help but thank God..this thing gat me thanking God.. Today my passion av brought me this 'little' far... My struggles were not in vein, my sacrifices were accepted and I got my own share of God's favour...

I am always on the look out for guys in need of help in programming and IT consulting generally any day, any time... Thanks Fayimora,omotodun,etc..
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thanks Guys, looking back could not help but thank God..this thing gat me thanking God for life..Today my passion av brought me this 'little' far... My struggles were not in vein, my sacrifices were accepted and I got my own share of God's favour...

I am always on the look out for guys in need of help in programming and IT consulting generally any day, any time... Thanks Fayimora,omotodun,etc..
Re: Java Guru Help by Chimanet(m): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2014
Hey, prodam, is been a while, i feel so happy to know that you are still coding and now a pro. But Am so supprised that you forgot your original mentor, me. Where are u at? You can call me 08060880402. Let's start from there
Re: Java Guru Help by prodam(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2014
Chimanet:
Hey, prodam, is been a while, i feel so happy to know that you are still coding and now a pro. But Am so supprised that you forgot your original mentor, me. Where are u at? You can call me 08060880402. Let's start from there

****smiles***..hey hey, baba o.

Ok sir. I will give you a call..

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net / Html & Css / (java Only) A Programming Challange.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.