Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here (1107 Views)

"Sophia Momodu Is Demanding $800 For Nanny's Fee From Davido" – Cutie Juls / Imade Adeleke With Her Uncle, Dele Momodu (Photo) / Davido Apologizes To Dele Momodu As They Reconcile (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by joseph6071: 1:03am On Aug 28, 2018
DELE MOMODU: BIOGRAPHY, AGE, NETWORTH, HOW HE STARTED AND MORE

Dele Momodu is nobody’s boy (if you know what I am talking about), some are aware of who he is from the onset, others know him after the saga between him and the popular singer Davido (O.B.O). He didn’t start up with a rich family or one rich uncle somewhere that would loan him a big amount of money to start up something, rather he is a self-made man and I will be unveiling how he started from the bottom and rise to where he currently is right now. As usual, let us do a breakdown of his profile, as I usually call it, his C.V.

ABOUT DELE MOMODU

FULL AND ACTUAL NAME: Although he is popularly known as Dele Momodu, but his full name is Ayobamidele Abayomi Ojutelegan Ajani Momodu.

AGE: He is currently 58 Years Old, born on the 16th of May, 1960 (few months before Nigeria gained her independence.

EDUCATION: He is a graduate of the popularly known Obafemi Awolowo University (O.A.U), Which was known as the University of Ife during his time, where he studied Yoruba Language and also had a master’s degree in English Literature from the same university. He also received an honorary degree (PhD) in Humane Letters from the University of Professional Studies, Ghana.

NET-WORTH: presently he is worth a whopping $45 million dollars.

FAMILY: Dele Momodu is blessed with one wife, Mobolaji Momodu, who he got married to in the year 1992 (when he was 32 years old), and also he has four (4) children: Korewa Momodu, Eniafe Momodu, Yole Momodu, Pekan Momodu.
Dele Momodu and his full family

HOW HE STARTED: Who would have ever thought that a graduate of Yoruba studies would grow to the point where he is now, sincerely, I personally wouldn’t believe if it I didn’t see it in him (no offense intended to those studying Yoruba language).

As I wrote earlier, he didn’t start up with a silver or golden shibi (spoon) in his mouth. His father died when he was a young boy just entering his teenage age (13 years for those who are not aware of the teenage age), he is the last out of the three (3) children in his family. His mother being a petty trader had to live with taking care of her three children from whatever she gets from her trading business.

He didn’t pass his WAEC in his first sitting, he did in his third sitting, his mother had to keep up with that, in his word, “she did not give up on me”. After studying Yoruba and got his degree and masters in English literature at University of Ife (O.A.U), he decided to lecture at College of Arts and Science, Oyo state while doing his youth service.

INVOLVEMENTS IN THE PAST

- He was Chief Akin Omoboriowo’s (Former Deputy Governor of Ondo State) private secretary.

- He managed the Motel Royale Limited at Ife.

- He has contributed great articles to several Nigerian publications such as Sunday Tribune, The Guardian, National Concord, Business Concord, Sunday Concord and many others which led to his honorary Ph.D.

- He worked as a staff writer at African Concord Magazine woned by the Late Chief Monshood Abiola.

- He edited a celebrity’s magazine (May Ellen Ezekiel Classique) which made him the highest paid editor in Nigeria.

- He was a bread distributor at ‘Wondeloaf’ (owned by the Late Chief Monshood Abiola).

- He managed accounts of dignitaries such as Late Chief Monshood Abiola, Mr Hakim Bello-Osagie, Dr Mike Adenuga and many others.

INVESTMENTS

- He is the founder and the chief executive officer of Ovation Magazine.

- He owns Ovation Restaurant, which is located in Accra, Ghana.

Finally, did I mention that his mentor was Late Chief Monshood Abiola, and also his mother died on the 18th of May, 2007, if I didn’t..then now you know.

Truly his Joy really followed him home (AYOBAMIDELE).

source: http://www.musictori.com/2018/08/dele-momodu-is-nobodys-boy-here-is-his.html

cc; lalasticlala, mynd44, seun, dominique

Re: Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by zinnydan(f): 1:06am On Aug 28, 2018
Alright
Re: Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:14am On Aug 28, 2018
One time presidential aspirant o
Re: Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by lacemose(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2018
when men were boys
Re: Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by enoch273: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2018
Same way Sophia momodu started with her bottom power and now she is there. angry
Re: Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by joseph6071: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Dele Momodu: Is Nobody's Boy, Started From The Bottom Now He Is Here by joseph6071: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2018

(1) (Reply)

More Photos Of Linda Ikeji's Son, Baby J / Akpororo Is The Most Fashionable Comedian In Nigeria. How True? / More Photos Of Celebrities Look To DJ Xclusive's All White Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.