Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc (4576 Views)

Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy Award For The Third Time / What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop / ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by dacraziest: 5:22am On Jun 28, 2010
The pre BET SHOW kicked off live at 6pm(usa time), and then by 8pm the real show started,
Queen latifah killed it with her wears,her intro songs and swags,

Tyrese performed a tribute song to late Pendergrass,Chris brown cried while performing a special tribute for michael jackson, Pregnant alicia keys did some real nice performances.and she got best r/b award too(she was so hot in dem outfit)

Awards were given for various categories, and i had to wait up all night for  psquare award to come up. , and then all of a sudden,the show ended. Latifah gave the closing speech and that was it!!!,
no award was given for the best international act, no one even recognised their presence at the event, ( psquare,mi etc)
to think that i stayed up all night just to see dem psquare,

so so bad, am still wondering what went wrong

some of the winners included:
best hip hop female -Nicki minaj of young money
best male hip hop-Drake
best Collabo -Alicia/jay zee(empire state of mind)

Below are some pics from the award/after party, TREYSONGz and his beautiful young mum came up for his award,

Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by shilling(f): 5:52am On Jun 28, 2010
I know Psquare attended but they didn't win. Some dude called dizzee rascal or something like that won. I just checked it out now, and I was shocked. The last time I voted, Psquare was ahead 31%, the next being 16% so I was shocked that they didn't win. Oh well. . .
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by Genuflect(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2010
shilling:

I know Psquare attended but they didn't win. Some dude called dizzee rascal or something like that won. I just checked it out now, and I was shocked. The last time I voted, Psquare was ahead 31%, the next being 16% so I was shocked that they didn't win. Oh well. . .
That was the unofficial vote. I don't think it has a direct impact on whoever wins
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by rapjunkie(m): 8:42am On Jun 28, 2010
Best Female R&B Artist: Alicia Keys

Best Male R&B Artist: Trey Songz

Best Female Hip Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj

Best Male Hip Hop Artist: Drake

Best New Artist: Nicki Minaj

Best Gospel: Marvin Sapp

Best Group: Young Money

Best Collaboration: Jay-Z and Alicia Keys - "Empire State of Mind"
Video of the Year: Beyonce Knowles (featuring Lady GaGa) - "Video Phone"

Best Actress: Mo'Nique

Best Actor: Idris Elba

Best Movie: "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"

Youngstars Award: Keke Palmer

Subway Sportswoman of the Year: Serena Williams

Subway Sportsman of the Year: LeBron James

Viewer's Choice: Rihanna (featuring Young Jeezy) - "Hard"

Best International Act: Dizzee Rascal (U.K.)

Centric Award: Monica

Fandemonium Award: Chris Brown
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by 04kaa: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2010
dacraziest:

no award was given for the best international act, no one even recognised their presence at the event, ( psquare,mi etc)
to think that i stayed up all night just to see dem psquare,

so so bad, am still wondering what went wrong

you dont have to be dissapointed , Bet awards was rigged like the best lyricist awards from one of our village.
the award was dashed out to dizzie rascal, who even know dizzie rascal except in london by british hoodrats , the votes do not count. shocked the last time i checked too psquare was leading
thats high class music politics even in yankee. rocksie and that fine babboon terrence should go and drink akamu. disgraceful category. mi or psquare or even sade deserved it undecided
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by pckid: 9:14am On Jun 28, 2010
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by badman(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2010
This is daylight robbery, dizzie rascal, that was the last with 1% of the votes wins
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by chiogo(f): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
04kaa:

you dont have to be dissapointed , Bet awards was rigged like the best lyricist awards from one of our village.
the award was dashed out to dizzie rascal, who even know dizzie rascal except in london by british hoodrats ,
lmao!!

But seriously, who the funk is dizzie rascal?? undecided
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by audio: 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2010
My God. How ignorant can you Nigerians be? I mean really? If you don't know who Dizzie Rascal is, it shows how one dimensional and limited your musical taste or knowledge is. Google him. That's what it's there for. The question you should be asking is, who knows PSQuare in Yankee or outside Africa as for MI, please give me a break. Did you guys even see who the other nominees were? They didn't stand a chance.
As for the Voting, it clearly stated on the page, that these were UNOFFICIAL figures and that the only award being decided by voting was the Viewers Choice award. But my guess is, you retards didn't even bother reading.

Please i beg you, stop embarassing yourselves and other Nigerians with your obviously, i have no brain comments. Jeez
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by 04kaa: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
chiogo:

lmao!!

But seriously, who the funk is dizzie rascal?? undecided

am also trying to find out chi, dizzie rascal my foot. he dont even rap half as good as eedris angry
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by eros(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2010
audio:

My God. How ignorant can you Nigerians be? I mean really? If you don't know who Dizzie Rascal is, it shows how one dimensional and limited your musical taste or knowledge is. Google him. That's what it's there for. The question you should be asking is, who knows PSQuare in Yankee or outside Africa as for MI, please give me a break. Did you guys even see who the other nominees were? They didn't stand a chance.
As for the Voting, it clearly stated on the page, that these were UNOFFICIAL figures and that the only award being decided by voting was the Viewers Choice award. But my guess is, you retards didn't even bother reading.

Please i beg you, stop embarassing yourselves and other Nigerians with your obviously, i have no brain comments. Jeez

Bros stay one place make we hear word. Truth be told, M.I. deserved the award. Dizzie Rascal my foot. Who bloody cares if he is well known or not. Who are the viewers who chose the winner? Rubbish angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by rapjunkie(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2010
audio:

please tell them. . . .i didnt even bother commenting when people starting asking who is dizee rascal?. first off, the award was for 'best international act'. . . do you know  what that means?. . . if u do. . . . then how can you believe that MI deserved the award?. . . based on what song?. . . for your info. . . . . .  being popular from Jos to Lagos does not make u 'international'. . . . .  tongue.

Dizzy rascal has had five no.1 hits in the UK since September last year. . . he is also an independent artist.

we should be happy enough that MI and PSquare were recognised to be shortlisted. . .our time will come. . . .one day

ALSO. . . . BET are not stupid. . . if MI and Psqaure did well in the unofficial polls then they WILL take notice and other doors could open for them. . . . so it doesn't really matter that they didn't win
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by nellaluv(f): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
Who is dizzle rascal for cryin out loud cheesy
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by binhozie(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2010
I'm pro, and so its off to work i go. . . grin

Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by audio: 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
eros:

Bros stay one place make we hear word. Truth be told, M.I. deserved the award. Dizzie Rascal my foot. Who bloody cares if he is well known or not. Who are the viewers who chose the winner? Rubbish angry angry angry angry angry angry

I rest my case.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by funkybaby(f): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
audio:

Spot on !
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by eldee(m): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2010
I don't think either M.I or P-square, but Dizzie Rascal isn't even the best in the UK.
He can't hold a mic next to Bashy/Giggs.

I think it should have gone to K'naan or Corrine Bailey Ray.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by audio: 12:02am On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

I don't think either M.I or P-square, but Dizzie Rascal isn't even the best in the UK.
He can't hold a mic next to Bashy/Giggs.

I think it should have gone to K'naan or Corrine Bailey Ray.
K'naan has had a good year, and has a big international single out,so maybe him. Corrine Bailey Ray hasn't really got anything out that's big right now. I'm actually pretty shocked SADE was overlooked. I mean, she's a big artist and her album did well, but i guess that's the biz. Congrats to Dizzie though. He does oyibo music now, but he's selling.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by chiogo(f): 12:14am On Jun 29, 2010
@ Audio, We're retarded for asking who the chap is? You done lost your damn mind!
Funny how people think their musical taste makes them more music-savvy than the next person. Who gives a funk what you listen to? Tsk.

Anyways, really don't care if P-square or M.I won. But someone supposedly did win for "International acts", which I definitely didn't catch on TV during the Award show, it's in order to ask who the person is.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by audio: 12:25am On Jun 29, 2010
chiogo:

@ Audio, We're retarded for asking who the chap is? You done lost your damn mind!
Funny how people think their musical taste makes them more music-savvy than the next person. Who gives a funk what you listen to? Tsk.

Anyways, really don't care if P-square or M.I won. But someone supposedly did win for "International acts", which I definitely didn't catch on TV during the Award show, it's in order to ask who the person is.

Never said it made me more savy, if i don't know someone, i empower myself with knowledge before i start talking. That's why we have search engines. Dizzie Rascal a UK grime rapper turned mainstream won the award.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by bouzymill(m): 1:51am On Jun 29, 2010
I KNOW DIZZIE RASCAL SO FAAKN WELL. TO ME, HE DOESN'T COME CLOSE K'NAAN AND CORRINE BAILEY RAE. Infact, M.I's MUSIC IS MORE APPEALING TO THE EARS THAN HIS. BUT CHECKING OUT THE STANDARD BET IS LOOKING FOR I THINK WHO SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE AWARD IS KNAAN. HE IS TH ONLY INTERNATIONAL ACT OVER THERE. HE'S GOT POSITIVE SALES IN BOTH AFRICA AND NORTH AMERICA (DON'T KNOW ABOUT ASIA).

DEFINITELY, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN K'NAAN.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by rapjunkie(m): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2010
bouzymill:

I KNOW DIZZIE RASCAL SO FAAKN WELL. TO ME, HE DOESN'T COME CLOSE K'NAAN AND CORRINE BAILEY RAE. Infact, M.I's MUSIC IS MORE APPEALING TO THE EARS THAN HIS. BUT CHECKING OUT THE STANDARD BET IS LOOKING FOR I THINK WHO SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE AWARD IS KNAAN. HE IS TH ONLY INTERNATIONAL ACT OVER THERE. HE'S GOT POSITIVE SALES IN BOTH AFRICA AND NORTH AMERICA (DON'T KNOW ABOUT ASIA).

DEFINITELY, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN K'NAAN.

If M.I's music is more appealling to the ears. . . .why hasn't he released his 'international' album? . . .  .

February 2009    -   http://www.ladybrilleblogazine.com/2009/02/mi-aka-hip-hop-messiah-uncut-ladybrille.html

LADYBRILLE.com: You will soon be releasing an album for the Western market and some people call you “Kanye West of the West” and even you have alluded to it in your lyrics, some say “Lil Wayne.” How do you intend to penetrate the Western market?
M.I.: [He laughs] Well for the Western market, I want to put my name out there because I believe it is an important statement to make for Africa, for Nigeria. I realize that I may not be the dude that will make it. I hope I am the guy and I hope I am someday at the Grammys and going up for an award. For now, I just want to put out the purest music I can and be good, like be very good. The “One” album I feel is better than Kanye West. It’s that good. . .I really think and work as hard as I can to let people know we can do it.

LADYBRILLE.com: Well I think with the way you flow, you CAN do it because you make people listen and that is power you have. Your voice is strong and more kudos to your brother because his beats are what brings everything together.
M.I.: Thank you. Thank you very much,

LADYBRILLE.com: So the album for the West is called what again?
M.I.: ‘One’ and I feel it is a fantastic album. Nobody has it yet but it will soon be released.

LADYBRILLE.com: Great. You will let us know when it drops?
M.I.: Of course I will. I have the perfect song for you.

LADYBRILLE.com: Cool. Just make it a Ladybrille song.
M.I.: It’s done. In fact, we are mixing it right now.

oh dear!!. . .  . undecided
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by Genuflect(m): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
Ahn ahn. Dizzie Rascal is more popular than you guys are making it sound. Who doesn't know Stand Up Tall, Jus a Rascal, Look Sharp among many other hits. Honestly, I wanted P-Square to win but deep in my mind I thought K'Naan was going to win. It's quite shocking tho that Rascal got the award
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by Gabbyraze(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
Wel i thot sade was goin 2 win it.m.i or p-square wont stand a chance against these guys cos its"best international act" award so if they work harder then they wil eventually win sumday.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by eldee(m): 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

Ahn ahn. Dizzie Rascal is more popular than you guys are making it sound. Who doesn't know Stand Up Tall, Jus a Rascal, Look Sharp among many other hits. Honestly, I wanted P-Square to win but deep in my mind I thought K'Naan was going to win. It's quite shocking tho that Rascal got the award

It's called International Artiste of THE YEAR.
This year, he's not done anything that can stand near K'naan, Corrine Bailey Rae, Sade or even P-Square.
'All I rap about is sex and violence'!!!

audio:

K'naan has had a good year, and has a big international single out,so maybe him. Corrine Bailey Ray hasn't really got anything out that's big right now. I'm actually pretty shocked SADE was overlooked. I mean, she's a big artist and her album did well, but i guess that's the biz. Congrats to Dizzie though. He does oyibo music now, but he's selling.

Oh . . . so it's no more about how good your songs are but how 'big'??
Cus that's all I can see in your posts. . . listen to yourself speak . . .'If M.I's music is more appealling to the ears. . . .why hasn't he released his 'international' album? . . . . appealing music=international album?? undecided undecided
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by 04kaa: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

Cus that's all I can see in your posts. . . listen to yourself speak . . .'If M.I's music is more appealling to the ears. . . .why hasn't he released his 'international' album? . . . . appealing music=international album?? undecided undecided

the stupidity is glaring.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by Genuflect(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

This year, he's not done anything that can stand near K'naan, Corrine Bailey Rae, Sade or even P-Square.
Ummm, how does this relate to my post? I'm just surprised that a lot of Nigerians have not heard about Dizzie Rascal. I didn't say he deserved the award
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by 04kaa: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

I'm just surprised that a lot of Nigerians have not heard about Dizzie Rascal.

who told u they never heard bout dizzie rascal,
i can mention some janded rappers u never heard of.
the point is dizzie rascal didnt deserve it .! period.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by eldee(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

Ummm, how does this relate to my post? I'm just surprised that a lot of Nigerians have not heard about Dizzie Rascal. I didn't say he deserved the award

Forgive me for trying to keep you on the topic of the thread. tongue tongue
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by Genuflect(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

Forgive me for trying to keep you on the topic of the thread. tongue tongue
You're forgiven grin
Btw, my friend downloaded his new album and regretted it. When it comes to Garage, I like Lethal Bizzle, JME, Kano, Tinchy etc. Dizzee Rascal doesn't do it for me
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by eldee(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

You're forgiven grin
Btw, my friend downloaded his new album and regretted it. When it comes to Garage, I like Lethal Bizzle, JME, Kano, Tinchy etc. Dizzee Rascal doesn't do it for me

No one actually does grime/garage anymore, it doesn't sell.
JME and Lethal Bizzle are cool, Tinchy Strider and Chimpmunk are officially mainstream hiphop now.

I was never really into grime anyways, it was way too trashy for me.
Re: What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc by rapjunkie(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

Oh . . . so it's no more about how good your songs are but how 'big'??
Cus that's all I can see in your posts. . . listen to yourself speak  . . .'If M.I's music is more appealling to the ears. . . .why hasn't he released his 'international' album? . . .  . appealing music=international album?? undecided undecided

please go and re read the posts and work out who said what. . . . . r u referring to audio or rapjunkie?. . . .  for christsakes I AM NOT AUDIO!!

as regards appealing music = international album. . . . let me break down my point so u can understand. . . .  .

Bouzymill said MI's music is more appealing which in effect means that MI should have won the award. . . . . my point was. . .  . why did MI feel it was necessary to release a 'western' ( international)  album called 'one' ( which he never released)  if 'talk about it' was already of international standard?

do u understand that eldee?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Music W4 - Kontrol download here / Blood Out Freestyle By Me... Download And Listen. / Devido Metioned His Father And Baby Mama Name In Lyrics Of Osinachi Remix Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.