Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles (3258 Views)

N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate / Sunday Oliseh's Tweet Over Super Eagles Victory Against Cameroun / Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by rasputinn(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2010
Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles

There are strong indications that former coach of the national U-23 team, Samson Siasia, will take over the Super Eagles.

Authoritative sources close to the Nigeria Football Federation told our correspondent in Johannesburg that arrangements had been concluded to give Siasia the mandate to raise a new team for Nigeria.

Siasia is expected to invite players from the Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles and the Olympic team to the senior team.

Our correspondent learnt that Flying Eagles coach, John Obuh, had been lined up to assist Siasia.

It was learnt that the decision was taken after the NFF meeting in South Africa shortly after Nigeria crashed out of the World Cup on June 22.

The NFF top officials admitted that there was an urgent need to bring young players into the senior team to work under coaches who are used to them.

A source told our correspondent, ”Siasia has achieved so much with the young ones and he is expected to bring fresh legs to the new Super Eagles and prepare them for future challenges.

”We cannot continue to depend on the same crop of players who have been embarrassing the country at international competitions.”

Shortly after the country crashed out of South Africa 2010, the Federal Government disbanded the team due to its poor performance.

Our correspondent however learnt that the NFF had no plan for coach Lars Lagerback, whose contract expires next month.

”Lagerback was employed for five months and he has been paid. The NFF has no plan for him because there is no money to pay him such a huge amount. He can only continue if the government will take over the payment of his salary. He is not in the plans of the NFF for now,” our source said.

Lagerback‘s five months salary of $1.5m was paid by the Presidential Task Force on Nigeria‘s qualification for the World Cup.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201006282251890
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by rasputinn(m): 7:32am On Jun 28, 2010
Why do these rogues in the NFF think they can fool us all the time angry angry
Now that they've messed up and people are beginning to ask for their ouster,probe and arrest by EFCC,they are trying to comeup with a populist decision they think Nigerians would applaud and possibly forgive and forget their thievery,stealing,tiffing,robbing,fraud,incompetecnce etc etc

The EFCC should please send operatives to the airport to wait for those criminals so to arrest them at the airport themoment they arrive
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Acidosis(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2010
Members of NFF: urgently need a psychiatrist
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
Sani Lulu will do or say anything to hang on to power.

He should go!!!!!!!!!!!.

It is for the next NFF to look for a coach not him.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by brutal(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
John obuh is a good coach. .he's rugged and has winning mentality.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by snowdrops(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2010
And i am sure anything short of a victory at 2012 Nations cup will lead to his sack.

Otherwise after he must have qualified Nigeria for the 2014 World cup in Brazil there will be cries for the appointment of a foreign coach
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by guente02(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2010
Acidosis:

Members of NFF: urgently need a psychiatrist
Na hn dey make me dey vex. After dem don fuckup dem go start 2 cumback 2 choose nationals as coach. I wish i was 4rm Chad. . .
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by teskyg: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2010
They will use and dump him like Amodu.I have always said that Siasia is the best Coach for the Eagles
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by borntwice(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2010
Let Siasia take over as coach for two years contract; after satisfactory performance based on his appraisal during his term, we can now extend his contract to 4 years to lead us to the next world cup. We need a coach like him who has full knowledge of Nigerian sports unlike Lagerback who doesn't know anything about Nigerian sport. Lagerback is equally good but was just a victim of circumstance as their was no little time for him to source for quality players. Siasia will deliver.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Ranoscky(m): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
@guente02

Chad is so close to u na. undecided . .abi u need visa to go dia? undecided just waka go kaduna, the next place wey u go see na chad. just enter dia, nobody go disturb u for road. even dia border guard no go stop u. i think they'll even be very happy to welcome you as a new citizen. and make i lick 1 secret for u. . .if u carry 100k enter dia, omo, u be big man o. so no dull your sef, even if u no get money to buy echolac take carry your load, u fit buy (GMG) ghana must go. abeg if u reach dia, make u dey call me for phone o, atleast make we dey gist once-once aspa padi-padi. so which day i go dey expect your call from CHAD? undecided
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by guente02(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2010
borntwice:

Let Siasia take over as coach for two years contract; after satisfactory performance based on his appraisal during his term, we can now extend his contract to 4 years to lead us to the next world cup. We need a coach like him who has full knowledge of Nigerian sports unlike Lagerback who doesn't know anything about Nigerian sport. Lagerback is equally good but was just a victim of circumstance as their was no little time for him to source for quality players. Siasia will deliver.
Hope we will be there. Lmao
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by guente02(m): 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
Ranoscky:

@guente02

Chad is so close to u na. . .abi u need visa to go dia? undecided just waka go kaduna, the next place na chad. i think they'll be very happy to welcome you as a new citizen. and make i lick 1 secret for u. . .if u carry 100k enter dia, omo, u be big man o. so no dull your sef, even if u no get money to buy echolac take carry your load, u fit buy (GMG) ghana must go. abeg if u reach dia, make u dey call me for phone o, atleast make we dey gist once-once aspa padi-padi. so which day i go dey expect your call from CHAD? undecided
2mao
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Confusion: 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2010
this is the biggest yahoo ever
we all think that the NFF have fail but the truth is that  they have executed their plan perfectly
even if amodu is ordained to win the world cup this fools will not have allowed him take this guys to the WC
I know well that the money to be paid Mr Largerbak will be shared heavily by this guys
it is only when their is a new contract with a foreign coach that they can make money
even if siasia put together angels that can deliver the necxt WC, they will still dump him like amodu so that they can also strike a deal.
Dont say  that i dont tell you
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by AjanleKoko: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2010
Well, if this is true, it's a very good idea. I'm 100% in support, in principle.
However, that doesn't mean the NFF criminals shouldn't be probed about the whole Lagerback saga. People need to go to jail if there was any wrongdoing (which is rather obvious).

Lagerback, from his recent utterances, doesn't seem to expect a return to the side. I think he's a decent man caught up in our normal African gen gen tactics. Probably has a heavy mortgage to pay back in Stockholm.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by mamagee3(f): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2010
I don't get what the NFF are doing or are up to. . .

But what's certain is that they are a bunch of confused, dafts, what happened to bringing back old football stars like Okocha, taribo to coach the Nigerian National Team?

Just like Diego Maradona is doing well with Argentina.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by octar6: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
[i]          sad cry  This is junk news abeg. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/i
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by tempest01(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
Honestly i think they should retain lagerback, give him time to get to know the team more and scout for good fresh young blood.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by CarlosVent(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2010
nff officials don colect their share of d money paid to largerback and dey even thanked him for a job well done.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2010
Well, its a fine start, Hope Siasia will always say no to NFF Interference
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by IRAPADA(m): 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
That is a good ideal
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by kazman7(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2010
the system (NFF) and the over-bloated ego of some super eagles stars will swallow siasia and all his technical abilities,i wont advice him to take up the eagles job
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Ranoscky(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^That means u don't know sis sia so well. sia sia is strict and mean guy, he doesn't take shyt from no one.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by omar22(m): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2010
full knowledge of Nigerian sports unlike Lagerback who doesn't know anything about Nigerian sport.

Atleast he wont be able to cheat using older players playing against kids we would see what he is really made of
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Borat1: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
Medicine after death
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2010
Thats junk news. always source, source and source. These journalists and NFF are all the same fools. angry
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by inme: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
I am in full support of this good news, they should employ him now without any further ado?

He is a great guy and i believe he can deliver any time he is called on,

meanwhile they should also probe this baxtar.d!
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
They want a second term in office so they are listening to popular demand. They knew the right thing to do all along but Greed got the better of them.
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Ibime(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
Ill believe it when I see it!
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by kobikwelu(m): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
I am in full support of this good news, they should employ him now without any further ado?

He is a great guy and i believe he can deliver any time he is called on,

meanwhile they should also probe this baxtar.d!

@ in me,

must be be going round in circles??

for crissakes, leave largerback

i have noted you and i bet you would be amongst those that would criticize him, when things dont go according to plans
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by styles2009: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2010
Medicine aft4r death
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by 9jafreak: 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2010
[size=13pt]About Time![/size]
Re: Siasia To Take Over Super Eagles by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16am On Jun 29, 2010
I asked the NFF abi na NFA to create a budget for me and my assistant to go to South Africa and support the team spiritually and they refused. Now see what happened. Yakubu couldnt score in front of goal, Odewingie was ineffective, Ogbuke was as useless as useless goes.

Now we want Siasia. Nigerians should learn that our problem is that we have no continuity. Where are the boys who have been lifting these junior world cup for us these past years?? Why do they rarely make it into the senior team?? Where are the likes of chris santus e.t.c?? I think Largerbeers contract should be extended while his technical crew (Amokachi, peterside e.t.c) should be fired.
Lars brought out a breed of eagles Nigerians werent expecting to see. Personally I think that evenn if Jesus had taken these same players to south Africa, the result would have been the same.
We all knew the team was destined for doom even before their Arik flight left Murtala Airport. Its just suprising they didnt concede more goals (thanks to Vincent "superman" Enyeama).

I think the way forward for the eagles now is to start preparing from now. First and foremost, Retire the like of Yobo and Yakubu with nice severance pay, Fire the NFF oficials and get real sports men to run the federation, get a technical crew togerther (I'll suggest consulting with the likes of Clement Westerhoff since he is still avaliable to us), start working with home based boys while keeping an eye on the foreign based players, and only give call ups based on merit and not on history (like what happened by picking Yakubu over Anichebe).

Then last but not the least create a budget for prayer warriors and spiritualists in our supporters club. That way maybe we will be able to reach the round of 8 in the next world cup.

Luckily for us, we have two nations cup and one olympic before the next world cup to pull a team together.

No more late preparations. It took us 8 years to prepare for this world cup and yet we couldnt even win a single match.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Venus Williams Loses In First Round At Wimbledon / Latest Pictures Of Akwa Ibom State Stadium / Why UEFA Paid Real Madrid £540'000 After Ronaldo's Hat-trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.