Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

What/which Is The First Baptist Church In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What/which Is The First Baptist Church In Nigeria? (644 Views)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What/which Is The First Baptist Church In Nigeria? by AjalaJ(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
First Baptist Church. The name brings many things and many questions to my mind.

Many years ago, I saw an almanac of First Baptist Church, Aipate. Iwo, I thought it was the only First Baptist Church in Nigeria, as a result of being the first Baptist Church to be established in the country.

However, I later saw another First Baptist Church in Lagos. I thought I even saw another one in Lagos. I was surprised.

Recently I saw another First Baptist Church in Ilesha, Ogun State, and questions began to come to my mind afterwards.

What is the meaning of First Baptist Church? Isn’t it supposed to be the first Baptist Church established in Nigeria?

What/which is the first Baptist Church to be established in the country? How many First Baptist Churches are there in the country?

What is thus the significance of the name: “First Baptist Church?” Isn’t that misleading when there are many “First Baptist Churches” in the country? Which branch is truly the First?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: What/which Is The First Baptist Church In Nigeria? by chiommy123(f): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
Maybe its just the name of the church
Re: What/which Is The First Baptist Church In Nigeria? by alBHAGDADI: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
I think the name First Baptist Church represents the first of all Baptist Churches established in Nigeria. The multiple churches bearing that same name might just be branches of the same tree.
Re: What/which Is The First Baptist Church In Nigeria? by ituglobal(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I think the name First Baptist Church represents the first of all Baptist Churches established in Nigeria. The multiple churches bearing that same name might just be branches of the same tree.

I think your answer is sensible.

(1) (Reply)

Good Questions To Get Christians Thinking Critically / Christian Dream Meaning: Money In Dreams / A Critical Look At God's Word "Jacob Have I Love, Esau Have I Hated"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.