Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe (33364 Views)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US / First Baptist Church, Abuja Protests Killings By Terrorists In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Gistvic: 4:03am On Aug 04, 2019
Church Warns The Choir Members For Dancing Zanku And Gbe Body During Praise

A letter of warning was given to the choir of First Baptist Church, Agbede for dancing ungodly during the praise and worship section. Gistvic Reports.

The church said the choir members will face the disciplinary committee if the style of dancing is not stopped.

DOES A PARTICULAR DANCE STYLE AFFECT CHRISTIANITY??

See More Photos:
Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/08/church-warns-choir-members-for-dancing.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by enilove(m): 4:47am On Aug 04, 2019
That is a step in the right direction to stop worldliness in the church , but , it should not stop there.

The church should teach its congregations biblical morals that would shape their lives within and outside the church. It is of no use dancing decently like angels in church and dancing indecently like children of the devil outside the church.
That is necessary b4 they become full-time time hypocrites bringing the curse of God upon the church :

Matthew 23:27-28 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
[28] Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Kingosytex(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2019
enilove:
That is a step in the right direction to stop worldliness in the church , but , it should not stop there.

The church should teach its congregations biblical morals that would shape their lives within and outside the church. It is of no use dancing decently like angels in church and dancing indecently like children of the devil outside the church.
That is necessary b4 they become full-time time hypocrites bringing the curse of God upon the church :

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
[28] Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Are Zanku and Gbe Body the problems or the cause of a christian's problems?

I quite agree with you that the Church should teach its members morals and virtues like love, peace, humility, truth and kindness. It is a truth that much emphasis on the aforementioned values have almost been relegated. The negligence of those values is the bane of societal decay not Zanku or Gbe body

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by uzohrome(m): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2019
Gbe body for Jesus. Nothing wrong with that na.

The problem remains that we are too religious with plenty of sin. Arrest me when I am happily dancing and praising my God with zanku dance.
Worshiping God is a personal commune.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by alBHAGDADI: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2019
Good move by the Baptist Church, a Once Saved Always Saved Church.

What fellowship does darkness have with light? When did the house of God start to look like a night club where all worldly dance steps are done? We are to influence the world, not the other way round.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by alBHAGDADI: 7:36am On Aug 04, 2019
uzohrome:

The problem remains that we are too religious with plenty of sin. Arrest me when I am happily dancing and praising my God with zanku dance.

Where in the Bible did God tell you to worsyand praise him with Zanku and Gbe body e? This is how you people offer strange fires to God and get burnt to death in the process. Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron the priest, felt they were pleasing God when they offered a strange fire of incense which God never commanded them to do. Guess what happened? God consumed them with fire from above.

God has carefully laid how how we are to behave in his house. Doing what he never requested for or commanded is the same as offering strange fire which has consequences.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by NPComplete: 7:59am On Aug 04, 2019
uzohrome:

Yeah nothing wrong at all.

I like how Christians are now getting their inspiration from Yahoo Yahoo boys, ritualists and drug users. Nothing wrong at all. I like how churches are the ones empowering the people responsible for the decay of morals and values in Nigeria. And I especially love the fact that tongue speaking Christians like u spend your time watching and listening to the most lewd music out there so u can learn the latest dance moves and show it off in church. That's just beautiful.

Later when we tell u u guys are jesters and clowns u will start crying.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Mikora: 8:32am On Aug 04, 2019
Wayward church choir members

2 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by betterpikinn: 8:32am On Aug 04, 2019
Lol
They are all jokers and hypocrites

They should dance soapy jor

1 Like

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by repogirl(f): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2019
Mtcheeeeeeeewwwwwww! Over sabi holy holy. Hippocrates.

2 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by lexy2014: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2019
Its about time

1 Like

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by lomprico(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2019
enilove:

how did u know d dancing is wordly? did God tell u?

1 Like

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Teejayphillip(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2019
grin grin grin

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by betterpikinn: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2019
angry
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by uzohrome(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2019
NPComplete:

Yeah nothing wrong at all.

I like how Christians are now getting their inspiration from Yahoo Yahoo boys, ritualists and drug users. Nothing wrong at all. I like how churches are the ones empowering the people responsible for the decay of morals and values in Nigeria. And I especially love the fact that tongue speaking Christians like u spend your time watching and listening to the most lewd music out there so u can learn the latest dance moves and show it off in church. That's just beautiful.

Later when we tell u u guys are jesters and clowns u will start crying.

It's normal, God loves it that way. Understand praise and dance is expression of Joy and happiness, no specific dancing step stated or recorded in the Bible. Different countries with different dancing steps so Dont just inculcate religious beliefs to all things. So everyone dancing zanku is from pit of hell? Bro abeg, chill

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Hungrychicken(m): 8:37am On Aug 04, 2019
Some people will not like it becos that's the only dance they know grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by NPComplete: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2019
uzohrome:

It's normal, God loves it that way. Understand praise and dance is expression of Joy and happiness, no specific dancing step stated or recorded in the Bible. Different countries with different dancing steps so Dont just inculcate religious beliefs to all things. So everyone dancing zanku is from spirit of hell? Bro abeg, chill

Yeah. But u chose the one used by drug smokers and gangsters abi. Keep deceiving yourself. No wonder the church is now full of fluff and powerless Christians that cannot move a pebble let alone mountains.

7 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by chinchonglee(m): 8:37am On Aug 04, 2019
I see ntn bad.

The only thing i still love abt religion is dat its the only obstacle in Nigeria preventing WAR! Especially Christainity.

Meanwhile, those of u saying Christainity is nt a religion but a way of life, can u defend dat statement Who taught u dat doctrine??

2 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by blessedweapon(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2019
Soapy nko?
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by tomju(m): 8:40am On Aug 04, 2019
[quote author=enilove post=80918284]That is a step in the right direction to stop worldliness in the church , but , it should not stop there.

[/quote
Exactly. If the dance is not good enough for church, then its not good at all. Simple. Otherwise its living a false life of double standard.

2 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by money121(m): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Luckybelt: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2019
repogirl:
Mtcheeeeeeeewwwwwww! Over sabi holy holy. Hippocrates.
Truly a lazy blogger
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by davillian(m): 8:49am On Aug 04, 2019
To me there is nothing bad with the dance but that useless soapy dance is what they should warn them about.

1 Like

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 04, 2019
Pastor should teach me de dancing step to dance when praising God
Nofin wah I no go hear go Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Sunnycliff(m): 8:51am On Aug 04, 2019
The church should be sacred. No one should bring madness into it. It's not a club house

1 Like

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2019
Like Jesus warned of the end time; the World is going church and the Church is going worldly.
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2019
Danced in churches but the churches would still condemn worldly songs
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by BlackfireX: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2019
I don't understand
Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by kaydee(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where in the Bible did God tell you to worsyand praise him with Zanku and Gbe body e? This is how you people offer strange fires to God and get burnt to death in the process. Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron the priest, felt they were pleasing God when they offered a strange fire of incense which God never commanded them to do. Guess what happened? God consumed them with fire from above.

God has carefully laid how how we are to behave in his house. Doing what he never requested for or commanded is the same as offering strange fire which has consequences.
So it's wrong to dance in Church? Or God specifically required a dance pattern that we don't know about? How did David dance? I need answers

3 Likes

Re: Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe by zigziggy(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2019
pls�who knows how David danced when the spirit of God fell on his soul yeye hypocrites

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Rev. Ladi Thompson's 2018 Prophecy About Nigeria: "Blood Will Spill" / Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.