Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) (32176 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging / 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
A nine-year-old boy in Denver, Colorado, has committed suicide on the first week of school after being bullied by classmates for coming out as gay, his mother says.

Leia Pierce told local media that her son, Jamel Myles, killed himself at their home last Thursday after enduring several days of
homophobic bullying. “Four days is all it took at school.

I could just imagine what they said to him,” Pierce told KDVR. “My son told my oldest daughter the kids at school told him to kill himself. I’m just sad he didn’t come to me.” Pierce said her son, who was enrolled at Joe Shoemaker Elementary School, told her he was gay over the summer and that he wanted to come out as such to his classmates when he started school. “He went to school and said he was gonna tell people he’s gay because he’s proud of himself,” she said.

The school said grief counselors had been
made available to students and staff and a
letter was sent to families about the tragedy
and help available.

Pierce said she hopes her son’s death will raise awareness about the devastating effects of bullying “We should have accountability for bullying,” she said. “I think the child should, because the child knows it’s wrong.

The child wouldn’t want someone to do it to them. I think the parent should be held (accountable) because obviously the parents are either teaching them to be like that, or they’re treating them like that.”

See the boy's photos below:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/us-boy-bullied-for-being-gay-commits-suicide/

[img]https://localtvkdvr.files./2018/08/img_0420.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all[/img]

[img]https://localtvkdvr.files./2018/08/myles3.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all[/img]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
I comment reserve

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Minjim: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
shocked
Now, This's news

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
He went to school and said he was gonna tell people he’s gay because he’s proud of himself,” she said. 

Who taught a 9 year old something like that?!
Daeylar:

Who taught his fellow 9 year olds how to bully?
Is the right question in this instance.
The problem is the bullying. Not the boy's sexuality.
post=70710627]
We like your profile pic about bullying.
You have a good point here and there also.
Noted.
Thanks.[/quote]
Daeylar:

You're sweet kiss
[quote author= post=70711175:

Awwww wink
Thank you.
Stay blessed sis.
Hugs kiss

Awwwwwwww wink
#InMyFeelingsChallenge wink wink
Kikiiiiiiiiiiiiiii kiss

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by milemimi93(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
S.I.P
Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by izzou(m): 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2018
angry

What is this world turning into? angry
9 year old thought and committed suicide?

At 9, I didn't even care about my sexuality. All I looked forward to was eating Okin Shortcake biscuit and drinking Goldspot

Rest in peace Kid sad

359 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by SenorFax(m): 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
9 year old and gay??

He never actually lived if he haven't or have no intention of hitting the right hole.

18 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Chrisrare: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
God works in mysterious ways, maybe a gay angel is needed in heaven.

8 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2018

9years Old Is Gay...

So This One Is Suckin Prick...

He Better Be Dead THAN Continue Such Nonsense

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by amaniro: 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Cute boy but wasted his life making wrong decisions being gay. Americans may accept gays but there's a place in their heart that really hate that sh! t

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
it is even better he dies and stop committing the greatest sin on earth the World hate their fellow human for. At least the stigmatization and detestation will be no more!

Let his Family and people around him b happy nw

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by mezarddinny: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
good, very good, 9 year old boy that is much concerned about sex

the population of the world is too much, we need bullies like this to reduce it

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Mizk(f): 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Its a pity, such a cute kid gone just because his environment encouraged abnormal behavior where people are intolerant, if he's really proud of himself, bullying shouldn't have affected him this way.

33 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by gaby(m): 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Too bad.

At his age, we'd be checking out if there were any strand of hair growing on our pubics by splashing water on it, and if we sighted any we'd usually go giggly happy. But now na we dey find way to eliminate body hair.

Click on my siggy to read about how I trekked to and fro Europe from Nigeria..Epic.. Paperback preorder available.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 2:51am On Aug 29, 2018
Wicked people. Now that they have killed him with their disgusting judgmental bullying, are they happy?

6 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 6:38am On Aug 29, 2018
izzou:
angry

At 9, I didn't even care about my sexuality. All I looked forward to was eating Okin Shortcake biscuit and drinking Goldspot

Rest in peace Kid sad
you this man don old ooo grin grin

12 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2018
FisifunKododada:
Wicked people. Now that they have killed him with their disgusting judgmental bullying, are they happy?

You must be Gay? cry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by michlins(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2018
How can a nine year old know he's gay?
BrainnewsNg:

You must be Gay? cry
you are part of the problem of this millennium. What someone chooses to do with his or her life is no one's business. Live and let live sis

24 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by cosmatika(m): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2018
At 9yrs he's gay already? Uwa ekpugo. Kingsatan and luciferchristi ur son has returned to u

11 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Fierce11: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2018
A suicide with purpose.. Its a win-win case..
The bullying stopped immediately he died.. And the world got rid of another lost, confused and silly creature.. P.s., I hate homos so, don't quote me and insult me as usually done

8 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Lordofthewest(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2018
9year old gay..what does he know about sexual orientation at his age.America don cast

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Brains1990(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2018
He should have a great time in hell

3 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by tunary(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2018
izzou:
angry

Rest in peace Kid sad
lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 9:14am On Aug 29, 2018
Too many holes in this report. undecided

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by DrTonitee(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2018
Wait, he is just 9!
and was proud to announce he is gay!!
Then he committed suicide cos he was mocked at..

OK, am officially out of social media.

Lemme go and join our cousins d apes in d bush

Iyam not understanding what the world is all becoming

9 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Offpoint: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2018
One gone, many to follow... the earth must be clean from ABOMINATIONs.

5 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2018
So cute a boy. I blame his parents shikena. Very inattentive parents.

7 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by jegz25(m): 9:15am On Aug 29, 2018
9yrs old gay. Really, what is this world turning into? Well, even if he lives he would have been a menace to the society by turning many into gay

4 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) by Dalam0n: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2018
How does a 9 years old child know that he is gay? Na wah oo.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Foil Robbery Attack In Delta, Arrest Eleven Suspected Cultists (Photos) / Security Operatives Storm Abuja Nightclub To Arrest Yahoo Boys / Rape, Sex Scandal Rocks Police Unit In Abeokuta, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.