Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 (9970 Views)

Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee / BUA Cement Graduate Engineer Trainee/ Trainee Operator / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 3:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2018
joberplanet:
NigerStar 7 is a 100% Nigerian joint venture company that brings together the engineering, installation and project management expertise of Subsea 7 SA, the global seabed-to-surface company in Nigeria, with the fabrication capacity and capability of Nigerdock (a subsidiary of Nigeria’s Jagal).

Based in Lagos, NigerStar 7 is dedicated to serving Nigeria’s offshore oil and gas industry to execute the largest and most complex EPIC deepwater projects.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Graduate Engineer
Vacancy Ref: 59501
Business Area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply

https://latestnaijajobs247..com/
Application Deadline 27th September, 2018.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2018
simplebb:

Have you applied for the graduate Engineer position? Any idea of their recruitment process and pay for Graduate Engineer?

Seems it is a Multinational oil servicing firm.
No, I haven't applied yet. Yes it is a multinational oil servicing firm and they currently have a very big contract with ExxonMobil nig.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2018
simplebb:

Have you applied for the graduate Engineer position? Any idea of their recruitment process and pay for Graduate Engineer?

Seems it is a Multinational oil servicing firm.
No, I haven't applied yet. Yes it is a multinational oil servicing firm and they currently have a very big contract with ExxonMobil nig. In terms of payment since their contract is a big project, someone with the position of graduate won't end less than 300k monthly.
Note: mostly of this companies prefer individuals with skills, certification than university n polytechnic degrees. It is a practical(70%) world with less theory(30%). Am telling u this from experience.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
maxlev1:

No, I haven't applied yet. Yes it is a multinational oil servicing firm and they currently have a very big contract with ExxonMobil nig. In terms of payment since their contract is a big project, someone with the position of graduate won't end less than 300k monthly.
Note: mostly of this companies prefer individuals with skills, certification than university n polytechnic degrees. It is a practical(70%) world with less theory(30%). Am telling u this from experience.

Thanks bro. But is their recruitment process fair enough, cos have applied. Since the job is for Graduate Engineer and it is a programme where one will be trained and developed, does this theory of preference for practical skills holds, cos I don't have oil and gas industry experience. Just want to know my chances.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
simplebb:

Thanks bro. But is their recruitment process fair enough, cos have applied. Since the job is for Graduate Engineer and it is a programme where one will be trained and developed, does this theory of preference for practical skills holds, cos I don't have oil and gas industry experience. Just want to know my chances.
Yea it is 50% fair. What I mean is that 50% of people will be pick purely on merit while the other 50% will solely be based on connections(This is the Nigerian way). So u have a 50% chance depending on the population of Nigeria that will apply for that single post! Maybe like over 50,000 Nigerians will likely apply since it is online. Secondly if the job offer says graduate trainee, then definitely u will be trained and placed somewhere to work. It doesn't require any practical skill but only ur educational qualification for u to apply. So goodluck bro.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
maxlev1:

Yea it is 50% fair. What I mean is that 50% of people will be pick purely on merit while the other 50% will solely be based on connections(This is the Nigerian way). So u have a 50% chance depending on the population of Nigeria that will apply for that single post! Maybe like over 50,000 Nigerians will likely apply since it is online. Secondly if the job offer says graduate trainee, then definitely u will be trained and placed somewhere to work. It doesn't require any practical skill but only ur educational qualification for u to apply. So goodluck bro.

Alright, thanks for your input.

Any idea of their recruitment process?
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
maxlev1:

It amazes me how we can't have a 100% Merit driven recruitment in this country. It is a total shambles.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
simplebb:

Alright, thanks for your input.

Any idea of their recruitment process?
No idea bro but I guess it is very similar with the way other oil and gas companies conduct their recruitment process discretely. Actually nobody really knows what happens behind the scene except u are part of the team behind the scene. As an applicant the best thing to do is pray and give it ur best shot.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
simplebb:

It amazes me how we can't have a 100% Merit driven recruitment in this country. It is a total shambles.
Hahahhahaha when there is so much poverty and lawlessness in a country, people are liable to compromise. A man who feeds his family and his extended family will jump at the opportunity to lobby for his bro/sis(qualified or not) the next available vacant position so as to be relieved of the burden. Nobody seems to care abt d proficiency of a staff which will give the company the best result anymore. Its always let's fill our stomach first. It all started from our leaders bro.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
maxlev1:

No idea bro but I guess it is very similar with the way other oil and gas companies conduct their recruitment process discretely. Actually nobody really knows what happens behind the scene except u are part of the team behind the scene. As an applicant the best thing to do is pray and give it ur best shot.

Very discrete, a lot of factors go into the decision making, connection, oil community preference and few slots left for merit. You are so much right. One can only pray and do one's best. I did one oil firm recruitment recently, got to the final stage d fourth stage, put in my best in it only to be sent a mail that I wasn't picked but due to my performance, they will place me on 24 Months awaiting list and call me once there is a suitable opportunity, the thing weak my bones ooooooo. But we press on. BTW you are so much knowledgeable about the industry. Do you work there??
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
maxlev1:

Hahahhahaha when there is so much poverty and lawlessness in a country, people are liable to compromise. A man who feeds his family and his extended family will jump at the opportunity to lobby for his bro/sis(qualified or not) the next available vacant position so as to be relieved of the burden. Nobody seems to care abt d proficiency of a staff which will give the company the best result anymore. Its always let's fill our stomach first. It all started from our leaders bro.

U have said it all. This sums up everything. It is just a case of every Man fighting for himself and his family. It is truly the survival of the fittest and in Nigeria nobody cares about anyone, so if you don't have anyone to help you, just turn to God squarely and don't let go of Him.

It pains me a lot though. After finishing with good grades and armed with the knowledge, one will still find it tough to get a very well paying job in one desired industry because of lot of glitches. Anyway, we press on.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 3:22am On Sep 13, 2018
joberplanet:
NigerStar 7 is a 100% Nigerian joint venture company that brings together the engineering, installation and project management expertise of Subsea 7 SA, the global seabed-to-surface company in Nigeria, with the fabrication capacity and capability of Nigerdock (a subsidiary of Nigeria’s Jagal).

Based in Lagos, NigerStar 7 is dedicated to serving Nigeria’s offshore oil and gas industry to execute the largest and most complex EPIC deepwater projects.

How to Apply
Click here to apply

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
simplebb:

Very discrete, a lot of factors go into the decision making, connection, oil community preference and few slots left for merit. You are so much right. One can only pray and do one's best. I did one oil firm recruitment recently, got to the final stage d fourth stage, put in my best in it only to be sent a mail that I wasn't picked but due to my performance, they will place me on 24 Months awaiting list and call me once there is a suitable opportunity, the thing weak my bones ooooooo. But we press on. BTW you are so much knowledgeable about the industry. Do you work there??
Hahhahahaha no, I don't work there but I am based in one of the towns drilling crude oil. I occasionally do make findings on the availability of jobs based on my field(mechanical Engr). I am currently doing a government job to keep things ticking till I can get a job that befits my discipline.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
simplebb:

U have said it all. This sums up everything. It is just a case of every Man fighting for himself and his family. It is truly the survival of the fittest and in Nigeria nobody cares about anyone, so if you don't have anyone to help you, just turn to God squarely and don't let go of Him.

It pains me a lot though. After finishing with good grades and armed with the knowledge, one will still find it tough to get a very well paying job in one desired industry because of lot of glitches. Anyway, we press on.

Well when there is life, there is always hope so never give up bro. Most times perseverance breeds success. Hopefully u will succeed in one of the companies pretty soon...
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
maxlev1:

Well when there is life, there is always hope so never give up bro. Most times perseverance breeds success. Hopefully u will succeed in one of the companies pretty soon...

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your inputs.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
maxlev1:

Hahhahahaha no, I don't work there but I am based in one of the towns drilling crude oil. I occasionally do make findings on the availability of jobs based on my field(mechanical Engr). I am currently doing a government job to keep things ticking till I can get a job that befits my discipline.

That's good. One can't afford to be idle till when that dream job comes. But staying in a town where crude oil is being drilled should make getting a job easier for you as an engineering graduate. Just my view though.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by subcbouy: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
I applied to this same position last year without getting any reply, neither pass nor fail. Neither 50% merit nor 50% demerit, all power belong to God.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
subcbouy:
I applied to this same position last year without getting any reply, neither pass nor fail. Neither 50% merit nor 50% demerit, all power belong to God.

Hehehehehehe, that's serious. No sort of reply, for a multinational firm, that's unusual, at least if you were not selected, a rejection mail should be sent. That's the best practice, but then, this is Nigeria.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by subcbouy: 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
simplebb:

Hehehehehehe, that's serious. No sort of reply, for a multinational firm, that's unusual, at least if you were not selected, a rejection mail should be sent. That's the best practice, but then, this is Nigeria.
I was surprised, too. At least, they should have sent rejection mail to the application. The funniest part is that my application is still showing under review.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
subcbouy:
I was surprised, too. At least, they should have sent rejection mail to the application. The funniest part is that my application is still showing under review.

That's very serious, the roles have been filled up though, your best bet again might be to apply this time around. But with this kind of info from you, It is just good to apply and move on to some other things. If they call, fine, If not life goes on.....
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by subcbouy: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
simplebb:

That's very serious, the roles have been filled up though, your best bet again might be to apply this time around. But with this kind of info from you, It is just good to apply and move on to some other things. If they call, fine, If not life goes on.....
yeah, just apply n face something else. If they call, good for them.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
subcbouy:
yeah, just apply n face something else. If they call, good for them.

LOL, I love that, good for them.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 1:15am On Sep 14, 2018
joberplanet:

How to Apply
Click here to apply

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 3:40am On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 7:12am On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / New Portal For N-power Nigeria Jobs 2016. How To Apply Click Here / The Federal Government Of Nigeria RECRUITMENT - 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.