Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 (9968 Views)

Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee / BUA Cement Graduate Engineer Trainee/ Trainee Operator / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 3:35am On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
joberplanet:
NigerStar 7 is a 100% Nigerian joint venture company that brings together the engineering, installation and project management expertise of Subsea 7 SA, the global seabed-to-surface company in Nigeria, with the fabrication capacity and capability of Nigerdock (a subsidiary of Nigeria’s Jagal).

Based in Lagos, NigerStar 7 is dedicated to serving Nigeria’s offshore oil and gas industry to execute the largest and most complex EPIC deepwater projects.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Graduate Engineer
Vacancy Ref: 59501
Business Area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply

https://latestnaijajobs247..com/
Application Deadline 27th September, 2018.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
simplebb:

That's good. One can't afford to be idle till when that dream job comes. But staying in a town where crude oil is being drilled should make getting a job easier for you as an engineering graduate. Just my view though.
Well I think ur View is very wrong in the sense that
1. There are so many engineering graduates based in the same town, let's also add up those who had graduated before and after me and u will be shocked at the total number who are still jobless.

2. The work strength(number of workers) in Oil and gas sector of Nigeria isn't as much as u might assume. If I sum up together all the crude oil companies including NNPC, and all other companies that run contracts like maintenance, project etc, They don't have up to 30,000 workers in total. And remember when adding up new staffs(recruitment) they pick very few which most times are hired after lobbying. These companies posses the highest paying jobs in the country so everyone including Europeans hustle to work for some of this companies. Am just trying to educate u on how competitive and difficult it can be to get employed in this sector.

3. Staying in a town where an oil company is based doesn't mean u have the right connections that will get u employed. If u are smart, then u can have a lot of information but knowing people at the top who has the needed profile(influence) to push the right button for u is very difficult. And u know only very few have people in such positions. So most times its all about who u know and not all about where u base.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
maxlev1:

Well I think ur View is very wrong in the sense that
1. There are so many engineering graduates based in the same town, let's also add up those who had graduated before and after me and u will be shocked at the total number who are still jobless.

2. The work strength(number of workers) in Oil and gas sector of Nigeria isn't as much as u might assume. If I sum up together all the crude oil companies including NNPC, and all other companies that run contracts like maintenance, project etc, They don't have up to 30,000 workers in total. And remember when adding up new staffs(recruitment) they pick very few which most times are hired after lobbying. These companies posses the highest paying jobs in the country so everyone including Europeans hustle to work for some of this companies. Am just trying to educate u on how competitive and difficult it can be to get employed in this sector.

3. Staying in a town where an oil company is based doesn't mean u have the right connections that will get u employed. If u are smart, then u can have a lot of information but knowing people at the top who has the needed profile(influence) to push the right button for u is very difficult. And u know only very few have people in such positions. So most times its all about who u know and not all about where u base.

Great input here, all the points you have outlayed is correct. That number two is quite a concern to me, why is it that the oil and gas sector in Nigeria doesn't contribute so much to employment like other good paying sectors e.g.banking industry despite all d money, all d activities, I do know they pay far better for entry level anyways, but coming across job advert for Oil companies graduate Trainee is so rare. Even the one that I saw and passed through, I wasn't selected at d final stage despite a great performance due to a number of factors which I believe to be not being from the host community, connection and no one to lobby for me (at least in my rejection mail, d Performance was strongly acknowledged and I was placed on 24 Months awaiting list during which I can be considered), was shocked some days ago when I read that Chevron hasn't converted 2013 employed casual workers engineers to full time and they had to go on protest.

As much as it is a lucrative sector, it seems it is far above the means of the ordinary man in d society and only for those who are connected.

Deep sigh.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by subcbouy: 12:25am On Sep 16, 2018
simplebb:

Great input here, all the points you have outlayed is correct. That number two is quite a concern to me, why is it that the oil and gas sector in Nigeria doesn't contribute so much to employment like other good-paying sectors e.g.banking industry despite all d money, all d activities, I do know they pay far better for entry-level anyways, but coming across a job advert for Oil companies graduate Trainee is so rare. Even the one that I saw and passed through, I wasn't selected at d final stage despite a great performance due to a number of factors which I believe to be not being from the host community, connection and no one to lobby for me (at least in my rejection mail, d Performance was strongly acknowledged and I was placed on 24 Months awaiting list during which I can be considered), was shocked some days ago when I read that Chevron hasn't converted 2013 employed casual workers engineers to full time and they had to go on protest.

As much as it is a lucrative sector, it seems it is far above the means of the ordinary man in d society and only for those who are connected.

Deep sigh.
Pardon me to say this: Don't compare banking with an oil company when it comes to sizing. These are two unparalleled pseudo companies that solemnly work based on risk management. Everyone bank and a bank has many locations across a state, not like the oil industry. Have you asked why the banking firm recruits more ND over BSc n co? This is one of the many reasons why most banks in Nigeria are under-level with oil coy. They pay one equivalent salary to three ND employees. In general, for both industries, employment is based on company needs, and policy, which oil firms have failed in their responsibilities. A large number of oil firms, (oil services) recruit on recommendations from parent(upstream) companies, in order to secure their contract going. This practice has made the industry porous and chained that for us, we have to know these men before one can fully be employed, though, not all that do this, but many of them.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 12:36am On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 3:42am On Sep 16, 2018
subcbouy:
Pardon me to say this: Don't compare banking with oil company when it comes to sizing. These are two unparalleled pseudo companies that solemnly work based on risk management. Everyone bank, and a bank has many locations across a state, not like oil industry. Have you asked why banking firm recruits more ND over BSc n co? This is one of the many reasons why most banks in Nigeria is under-level with oil coy. They pay one equivalent salary to three ND employees. In general, for both industries, employment is based on company need, and policy, which oil firms have failed in their responsibilities. A large number of oil firms, (oil services) recruit on recommendations from parent(upstream) companies, in order to secure their contract going. This practice has made the industry porous and chained that for us, we have to know these men before one can fully be employed, though, not all that do this, but many of them.

Quite a great input. I get the picture a bit clearer now.
Since a lot of oil firms don't announce openly for Graduate Trainee position the way Bank does, though you have highlighted the fact that is it two unparalleled sectors. How best can one get in without no referrals or a godfather that can help?
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by subcbouy: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2018
simplebb:

Quite a great input. I get the picture a bit clearer now.
Since a lot of oil firms don't announce openly for Graduate Trainee position the way Bank does, though you have highlighted the fact that is it two unparalleled sectors. How best can one get in without no referrals or a godfather that can help?
I have this notion that all things work for anyone who believes in his/her marker. Keep applying, keep pushing various options, in no distant time, it will fall in place. My Godfather is a marker of all, I don't have an earthly godfather. I just know one day, I will laugh last.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2018
simplebb:

Great input here, all the points you have outlayed is correct. That number two is quite a concern to me, why is it that the oil and gas sector in Nigeria doesn't contribute so much to employment like other good paying sectors e.g.banking industry despite all d money, all d activities, I do know they pay far better for entry level anyways, but coming across job advert for Oil companies graduate Trainee is so rare. Even the one that I saw and passed through, I wasn't selected at d final stage despite a great performance due to a number of factors which I believe to be not being from the host community, connection and no one to lobby for me (at least in my rejection mail, d Performance was strongly acknowledged and I was placed on 24 Months awaiting list during which I can be considered), was shocked some days ago when I read that Chevron hasn't converted 2013 employed casual workers engineers to full time and they had to go on protest.

Deep sigh.
My brother one of the main reasons why I don't apply for online jobs is the fact that most of them are not credible. U will be surprised that some companies u applied for jobs online won't invite u for an interview or test, even after ur c.v and credentials proves u are highly qualified for the job. What I have learnt is that most jobs advertised online are just for formality sake as people have already been picked b4 putting it online. The reason some big companies put d fake adverts online is so they have facts to defend themselves in case of accusations or protest as well as the claims of maintaining their repution. What I do is to have information on when a company wants to recruit, then I go there directly to submit my c.v and it has worked for some people.

which of the companies did put in 24 months awaiting list?
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
subcbouy:
I have this notion that all things work for anyone who believes in his/her marker. Keep applying, keep pushing various options, in no distant time, it will fall in place. My Godfather is marker of all, I don't have earthly godfather. I just know one day, I will laugh last.

Amen bro, Amen, We will surely laugh last.

Thanks for the advice. God is the only hope of the common Man.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2018
maxlev1:

My brother one of the main reasons why I don't apply for online jobs is the fact that most of them are not credible. U will be surprised that some companies u applied for jobs online won't invite u for an interview or test, even after ur c.v and credentials proves u are highly qualified for the job. What I have learnt is that most jobs advertised online are just for formality sake as people have already been picked b4 putting it online. The reason some big companies put d fake adverts online is so they have facts to defend themselves in case of accusations or protest as well as the claims of maintaining their repution. What I do is to have information on when a company wants to recruit, then I go there directly to submit my c.v and it has worked for some people.

which of the companies did put in 24 months awaiting list?

Your point is quite true though, I have lost count of the number of firms have applied to online that am clearly qualified for, but I won't even hear or get any mail to that effect from them. Nigeria Labour Market is so messed up and it is the survival of the fittest so people use that networking means, Quite painful to say It is not about how much you know but more about who you know (that doesn't mean one should not be sound upstairs though but sometimes this ain't enough). A lot of all these online Job adverts are just for PR sake, just for them to also be in d open. So u are correct (at least 85% of this so called advert).

That last part input of yours, how can one go about it? Getting information on when a company wants to recruit, I believe that method will really work to a great extent.

As for the firm that put me in d waiting list, It is Seplat Petroleum DC, my own regret mail was different from all the rest who made it to the finals stage (the fourth stage of a 9 Months recruitment process), I was just thinking maybe if I had someone to help push on my strong performances, I will have gotten the job but I only hold on to Hope and have moved on. The country ain't easy but Man has got to keep pushing and hoping rain falls one day on one's path.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 12:16am On Sep 17, 2018
still on
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by maxlev1: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2018
simplebb:

Your point is quite true though, I have lost count of the number of firms have applied to online that am clearly qualified for, but I won't even hear or get any mail to that effect from them. Nigeria Labour Market is so messed up and it is the survival of the fittest so people use that networking means, Quite painful to say It is not about how much you know but more about who you know (that doesn't mean one should not be sound upstairs though but sometimes this ain't enough). A lot of all these online Job adverts are just for PR sake, just for them to also be in d open. So u are correct (at least 85% of this so called advert).

That last part input of yours, how can one go about it? Getting information on when a company wants to recruit, I believe that method will really work to a great extent.

As for the firm that put me in d waiting list, It is Seplat Petroleum DC, my own regret mail was different from all the rest who made it to the finals stage (the fourth stage of a 9 Months recruitment process), I was just thinking maybe if I had someone to help push on my strong performances, I will have gotten the job but I only hold on to Hope and have moved on. The country ain't easy but Man has got to keep pushing and hoping rain falls one day on one's path.
To get information, u have to source for information. Sometimes I go as far as paying a visit to the environment where most of these contracts are executed. As a very social guy and good mixer I easily interact with some workers and the locals around(who surprisingly have a lot of infor on the current happenings in regards to new jobs n employment). These people call n inform me of every opportunity they see on regards to my discipline. This year alone I have had few job offers but they are all offshore jobs which I don't currently have the permit(DPR-290k, Boseit-300k) as they are quite expensive. Well if u are offered employment in new contracts then most companies will do the permit for u but the offers I had were for already existing jobs.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by simplebb: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2018
maxlev1:

To get information, u have to source for information. Sometimes I go as far as paying a visit to the environment where most of these contracts are executed. As a very social guy and good mixer I easily interact with some workers and the locals around(who surprisingly have a lot of infor on the current happenings in regards to new jobs n employment). These people call n inform me of every opportunity they see on regards to my discipline. This year alone I have had few job offers but they are all offshore jobs which I don't currently have the permit(DPR-290k, Boseit-300k) as they are quite expensive. Well if u are offered employment in new contracts then most companies will do the permit for u but the offers I had were for already existing jobs.

Learnt some few things here, sourcing for information, been on d radar, looking out for opportunities. The key thing is to keep on pressing. Offshore jobs permit are quite expensive though.
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 11:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 12:34am On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Recruitment For Graduate Engineer At Nigerstar 7 by joberplanet: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spring Bank Recruitment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / New Portal For N-power Nigeria Jobs 2016. How To Apply Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.