Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly (37314 Views)

Ait's Adaora Onyechere Bags Media Award At Int'l Women Power Conference / Nkiruka Udom Of AIT Is Dead / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Abiodunstephen(m): 5:44am On Aug 29, 2018
Kaakaki, co-host Adaora Onyechere, has announced she is leaving the show to pursue a career in her native, Imo state.

Onyechechere is running for the Imo State House of Assembly seat to represent her constituency and pursue her dream for women and youths.

Aside broadcasting, her passion for issues affecting women and youths are well known, and she has been a strong voice for positive change, according to close associates. She has often been discussed as one of the leading youths to watch out for in 2019 as she continues to focus on social reorientation and self-development for young people from her home state, especially in Okigwe.

Her desire to venture into politics and run for elective position will not come as a surprise to her colleagues and friends. She has always expressed strong and passionate views about politics and governance, and now she has the change to bring about the change she’d always advocated.

As she takes her exit today, there is no doubt that Onyechere will be missed by all her admirers and viewers of AIT.

Onyechere’s skilful presentation and screen charm have won many viewers for Kaakaki and endeared her to many.

Her voice, free flowing and insightful presentation have made many of her admirers draw similarities with some other renown female broadcasters such as Aisha Sessay of CNN and Oprah Winfrey.

She redefined Kaakaki and made the show a regular breakfast menu for many viewers of AIT. She brought charm, intellectual depth and passion to the show and made it one of the most watched television shows in the country.

Her soft but persistent and unique interview skills draw out her guests and makes the show worth the time. For eight years she has graced the screen of AIT and delighted viewers across the country.

Onyechere is also a strong and articulate voice for women on AIT’s Gender Agenda- Nigeria’s foremost gender programme, which is her brain child. She employs her intensive investigative skills to bring women issues to public attention.

https://persecondnews.com/kaakaki-host-adaora-onyechere-leaves-ait-to-pursue-a-career-in-politics/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
Best of luck Adaora Onyechere!

Haha grin grin grin FTC for the first time in my illustrious NL career grin grin grin grin

I'd like to thank my fans and fams for the love and unending support.
My enemies too, we need each other. I won't let y'all down.

grin grin cheesy

"I came a long way from wishing under the stars but I ain't come all of this way just to say I've come this far"

Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest of all time.
Totti comes close, Ronaldinho too.

Federer, Serena Williams G.o.a.t too

What else?

Keep calm and vote out Buhari come 2019.

grin cheesy

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by nams77: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Is this for real? I liked that lady and utibe umoren. They always made my morning
Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by jerrybakermillz(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by salbis(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
Politics is the sure way in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Mac2016(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
She should contest for Nigerian President. God help her.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Authoreety: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Na so
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by sirvic68: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rochas will soon mold you.

Kwontinue

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Imustreturn(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Its long over due.. Go an excel
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by KingSatan: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by royalamour(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
Awesome
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by IamPatriotic(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
Wrong move, except she has a strong Godfather, meanwhile broadcasting wasn't her calling, she should just travel out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by grandstar(m): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
She will most likely win it. Her popularity on AIT has provided her the platform to attain that post.

Reminds me of Abike Dabiri. Her presence on NTA eventually metamorphosised into the house of reps today

12 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok. I wish her all the best in her political pursuit.
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by gaby(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Great move dust of luck to you.
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by millionboi(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
IamPatriotic:
Wrong move, except she has a strong Godfather, meanwhile broadcasting wasn't her calling, she should just travel out of the country.
how do u mean?.....wat is in abroad she can't get here.

6 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by RexTramadol1: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
For the love of money or for the love of country?

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by tocin44(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good.

Hopefully, she will know the value of the good name and reputation she has built and not join THEM in lies and deceit.

Focus on the actual job of REPRESENTING her people and making laws to better thier lives.
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by gift2xl: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
NEW WINE INSIDE OLD GLASS CUP. POLITICS IS KNOWING WHEN TO PULL THE TRIGER.
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by WebSurfer(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
IamPatriotic:

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by wolesmile(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Everybody now sees politics as the fastest, easiest way to make it in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Macopol01(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mac2016:
She should contest for Nigerian President. God help her.

Na u go vote her in ??

1 Like

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by slimfit1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Useless station with NTA the most useless TV station you can ever come across.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by baddosky1: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
I remember the day this lady came to FCTA for a press conference with the former minister. She was putting on a short skirt while sitting down. I look laps and pant tire! cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by ofuonyebi: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Afterall, politics is the most lucrative business today in 9ja....unlike sitting and talking away your life in the tv studio for tea money
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by alenwup(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
That's great. I like her spoken English. But she must not join the wrong camp. I mean wrong camp, else...
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Audray(f): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nooooooooo. Why? Will miss seeing her on the show.
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Austinoiz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
How Rocha's will handle you and your political ambition if you join that his yeye Imo APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by Maxcollins042(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Her passion for youth and women abi passion to jump on the looting bandwagon

4 Likes

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by lewandosky50: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
she better stick with her broadcasting job. politics is different from reading news.let see how she goes

1 Like

Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by maxiuc(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
cheesy
Re: Adaora Onyechere Resigns From AIT. To Contest For Imo House Of Assembly by pelicanbeau(f): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
mild and gentle lady

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Benjamin Features In 'Greenleaf' Oprah Winfrey's TV Series (Photo, Video) / #bbnaija: Throwback Photos Of Miracle / BBNaija: Uti Nwachukwu Predicts Five Housemates To Make It To Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.