Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! (1654 Views)

Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? / Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Theladysroom: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2018
Some women began to disdain those, who willfully chose to be full-time housewives. It appears that childcare and housework are looked down upon as unskilled labour or no work at all, and less privileged women.

As farmers or traders, African women were historically known to be active economic players on the home front. Polygamy and communal living enabled women to be both child bearers as well as financially independent.
Read more ...https://theladysroom.ng/dear-women-housewife/

Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by chiommy123(f): 9:36am On Aug 29, 2018
Yes it is. You want her to be a full time house wife and contribute financially to the family. Some Women are really hardworking and they do this. So aside the money what else do guys bring to the table.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2018
Theladysroom:

Some women began to disdain those, who willfully chose to be full-time housewives. It appears that childcare and housework are looked down upon as unskilled labour or no work at all, and less privileged women.

As farmers or traders, African women were historically known to be active economic players on the home front. Polygamy and communal living enabled women to be both child bearers as well as financially independent.

Interesting topic you have here.

For starters, everywhere is littered with men calling house wives jobless. So you are preaching to the choir telling women that housewifery is a full time job. It is the men you should tell that to. Someone once defined chores as 'something nobody acknowledges you do yet feel the impact when you don't'.

And everyone knows housework is unskilled labour. You advocate housewifery yet will pay your female personal accountant more than your female nanny or washer woman.

Women will tell you to work to earn respect and build self esteem although I have seen working wives who are abused and have no self esteem and I have seen housewives treated like eggs. One I remember had a maid though she was home with six kids. I find it funny that all her daughters are talking about masters and working working before marriage.... Maybe something happened somewhere.

I like the way parts of some other cultures like American, European etc approach a matter: they looked at it critically and found ways to make it work.

What did they do? They encouraged their women to marry immediately after college or in college. In some circles, they joke that their girls go to expensive universities to find rich husbands and their idea of housewife is not same as ours. An housewife sometimes has help and is in several groups so she is busy and engaged in stuffs that would give her esteem a lift. Some advocate a woman doesn't waste time in college and instead go study general knowledge and running of a home. They also use their men to work hard so that he is able to provide for the needs and wants of the home.

A lady who did not finish university or studied home economics would be less inclined to be interested in building a career. Compare to a lady who studied economics, came out with a good grade and already dreaming of shaping her country's economic policies.

The heart does not long for what the eyes cannot see.

Again, what impact would generations of housewives have on the economy? Society? etc.

1 Like

Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2018
bukatyne:

Interesting topic you have here.

For starters, everywhere is littered with men calling house wives jobless. So you are preaching to the choir telling women that housewifery is a full time job. It is the men you should tell that to. Someone once defined chores as 'something nobody acknowledges you do yet feel the impact when you don't'.

And everyone knows housework is unskilled labour. You advocate housewifery yet will pay your female personal accountant more than your female nanny or washer woman.

Women will tell you to work to earn respect and build self esteem although I have seen working wives who are abused and have no self esteem and I have seen housewives treated like eggs. One I remember had a maid though she was home with six kids. I find it funny that all her daughters are talking about masters and working working before marriage.... Maybe something happened somewhere.

I like the way parts of some other cultures like American, European etc approach a matter: they looked at it critically and found ways to make it work.

What did they do? [/b]They encouraged their women to marry immediately after college or in college. In some circles, they joke that their girls go to expensive universities to find rich husbands[/b] and their idea of housewife is not same as ours. An housewife sometimes has help and is in several groups so she is busy and engaged in stuffs that would give her esteem a lift. Some advocate a woman doesn't waste time in college and instead go study general knowledge and running of a home. They also use their men to work hard so that he is able to provide for the needs and wants of the home.

A lady who did not finish university or studied home economics would be less inclined to be interested in building a career. Compare to a lady who studied economics, came out with a good grade and already dreaming of shaping her country's economic policies.

The heart does not long for what the eyes cannot see.

Again, what impact would generations of housewives have on the economy? Society? etc.

Is this sarcasm or what exactly?

How many families have you interacted with in the west to get to this conclusion? you speak like someone that has never travelled to US, UK or any other western country.

Just re-read what you just typed, spewing lies in a bid to impress who?
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2018
Theladysroom:

Since housewife is a job do you wish to get paid?

Any woman who voluntarily wishes to be a full time housewife is just lazy and of use to the economy because sitting at home won't add % to the economy.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hanseel1:

Is this sarcasm or what exactly?

How many families have you interacted with in the west to get to this conclusion? you speak like someone that has never travelled to US, UK or any other western country.

Just re-read what you just typed, spewing lies in a bid to impress who?

And you that have travelled world over knows what happens in every home?

My dear, snoop the net and read about different facets of other cultures understand different perspectives.

What part of my post sounds like I want to impress anyone? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hanseel1:

Since housewife is a job do you wish to get paid?

Any woman who voluntarily wishes to be a full time housewife is just lazy and of use to the economy because sitting at home won't add % to the economy.

Read this post again.

You grow revenue by reducing cost and increasing profit.

If a wife is an housewife, it should occur to you that the family will cut the cost of minders, people to do chores, will make more things at home. She is also freeing the husband to work longer hours if he so desires.

Even if she is not adding a kobo to the family purse, she is reducing costs and enhancing productivity.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
In this part of the world, I won't advise any woman married to a man to take the role of a FULL HOUSE WIFE. Abort that mission! Forget all this articles, bring this home to the real practical settings. If your own FHW duties doesn't permit you make your own money, my sister FLEE!

Going into marriage as a Nigerian woman without a source of personal income is suicide mission. Your money covers your shame.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
bukatyne:

And you that have travelled world over knows what happens in every home?

My dear, snoop the net and read about different facets of other cultures understand different perspectives.

What part of my post sounds like I want to impress anyone? undecided

I'd have loved to engage you but you're ignorant.

No need wasting my time.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
bukatyne:

Read this post again.

You grow revenue by reducing cost and increasing profit.

If a wife is an housewife, it should occur to you that the family will cut the cost of minders, people to do chores, will make more things at home. She is also freeing the husband to work longer hours if he so desires.

Even if she is not adding a kobo to the family purse, she is reducing costs and enhancing productivity.

You have a record of defending the undefendable.

Why would a woman who went to school, acquired a certificate through intelligence wish to be a full time housewife if not for laziness?

I repeat any woman who voluntarily wishes to be a full-time housewife is lazy and of no use to the economy.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hanseel1:

I'd have loved to engage you but you're ignorant.

No need wasting my time.

From where I stand too, you are also very ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
yettymuse:
In this part of the world, I won't advise any woman married to a man to take the role of a FULL HOUSE WIFE. Abort that mission! Forget all this articles, bring this home to the real practical settings. If your own FHW duties doesn't permit you make your own money, my sister FLEE!

Going into marriage as a Nigerian woman without a source of personal income is suicide mission. Your money covers your shame.

What shame does money cover?
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hanseel1:

You have a record of defending the undefendable.

Why would a woman who went to school, acquired a certificate through intelligence wish to be a full time housewife if not for laziness?

I repeat any woman who voluntarily wishes to be a full-time housewife is lazy and of no use to the economy.

Oh well!

What do you know?
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
bukatyne:

What shame does money cover?

Money gives you voice in the society,

Money gives you voice in your marriage,

Money gives you power.

It is a proven fact that the reason why some men are scared of made women is because they know they can't do shït without regretting it.

The fact that you even asked that question shows the fact that you're ignorant on the psychology of marital power even though you're married.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
bukatyne:

Oh well!

What do you know?

You for one will be comfortable sitting at home and being a full time housewife.

Move along please and stop misleading people that in the west women are encouraged to get married immediately they finish college or still in college.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hanseel1:

Money gives you voice in the society,

Money gives you voice in your marriage,

Money gives you power.

It is a proven fact that the reason why some men are scared of made women is because they know they can't do shït without regretting it.

The fact that you even asked that question shows the fact that you're ignorant on the psychology of marital power even though you're married.

You are obviously the one ignorant about 'martial power'.

The person who has more to lose/invested more is at the mercy of the other.

BTW: it seems ignorant is your word for the day.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by bukatyne(f): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hanseel1:

You for one will be comfortable sitting at home and being a full time housewife.

Move along please and stop misleading people that in the west women are encouraged to get married immediately they finish college or still in college.

So parts of some cultures equals everyone?

By your logic, prevalence of child marriage in some parts of Nigeria translates to high child marriage rate all over the country.
Re: Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! by appsdope(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
I can't stand a lazy woman. Housewife mmuo LA now mmadu

(1) (Reply)

F / Is It A Crime To Marry A Single Mother With Five Daughters? / Next Of Kin: Women Use Their Siblings While Men Use Their Spouses.Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.