Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? (17299 Views)

Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Merry100: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
Some men ask their wives to become full-time housewives after marriage. However, if you are not interested in being a full-time housewife, it is important to emphasize this to your partner before marriage. This is one of the factors that create problems in a marriage.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by TemplarLandry: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
Only archaic men with lowest of the lowest self-esteem imprison their wives under the guise of housewifehood.

Women are not dullards or nonentities. They have parts to play in every functional society. A real woman has to make some money for herself too.

Being a housewife means you're only useful to your husby as a copulation machine and a babies-producing device. Zero contribution to a functional society. That's bad bad.

70 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by GodWrites: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
Being a housewife is a full-time job. That's why most career women can't do without a maid. If you are not the ambitious type, there's no harm in being a housewife. But if you are ambitious and run a business, or perhaps want to climb the corporate ladder like Okonjo Iweala, get a maid, and a chef too. All these should be discussed with your husband-to-be before you say "i do" to avoid conflict. If possible, put it in writing so your husband wouldn't pretend he never had such a discussion with you.

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
My woman won't be a full time house wife. Unless she's nursing our new baby.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
My woman won't be a full time house wife. Unless she's nursing our new baby..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Boogyman557: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2023
Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Anny69: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Only archaic men with lowest of the lowest self-esteem imprison their wives under the guise of housewifehood.

Women are not dullards or nonentities. They have parts to play in every functional society. A real woman has to make some money for herself too.

Being a housewife means you're only useful to your husby as a copulation machine and a babies-producing device. Zero contribution to a functional society. That's bad bad.
Thank you. πŸ™

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Puss360(f): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
Yes... If I marry a white man...
But here in Africa, Never....
Either I work pass the man or we do the same working hours....
Coz one day, the man can become aggressive and say I'm lazy, so I need to be prepared for dat day in my marriage....

That will be when I marry sha...πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

NEXT CASE PLEASE!!!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Adachizzy(f): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
No
Not even for the man or marriage but for myself and my esteem. Nothing beats being able to afford your need yourself without waiting for stipends from your husband.
Whenever you have issues, your stipends may most likely hang.
Even in his absence, you can steer the home financially before he returns. It's a flex abeg.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Purvan(m): 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2023
The day my wife choose to become a house wife than career woman is the day she stops becoming my wife and moves back to her father's house

Imagine nothing beats marrying a career woman especially if she works in healthcare or tech

After she had a stressed day from work , she came backs home to you and you prepare a meal for her while she takes a bath then you can give deep sensual massages that'll have her begging you to bleep her

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by GreatAchiever1: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:

I really disagree with you, sir. Being a housewife is a full-time profession, thus there is nothing wrong with it. As long as hubby can support his family with the necessities and keep the house safe, there is nothing wrong with a man wanting a housewife and it isn't in anyway bringing down his self-esteem

Nobody ever claimed housewives were dullards nor nonentities; they take care of the family, help their husbands, nuture and educate their kids, which makes the house functioning, which in turn makes society functional. Yes there are ways they can make money for themselves, with handskills like tailoring, hairdressing, making stuffs, baking stuffs, online business etc, they can easily earn some cash from home while building the home.

Lastly, the wife is supposed to only be useful to the hubby first and the children, these should be her top priority after God. Lets forget about modern wokism culture.

157 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
sadly the issue is bigger than just housewives.... i blame AFRICAN SOCIETY/CULTURE for that.
too many women out there are getting married out of pressure to be called Mrs at any cost, thus they accept any kind of nonsense under the moon (before marriage). thus after a while they get tired&bored of such houswewife lifestyle but its too late.

i cant blame these low self esteem insecure men who want to lock up their wife at any cost after marriage, and have to lay the sole blame on African SOCIETY/CULTURE for that (coupled with religious/peer pressure)

some yeye people out there are desperate to get married at any cost, and they dont even know why and/or how to have a successful marriage.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by TemplarLandry: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
Well, different strokes for different folks. I don't agree with you anyway..
GreatAchiever1:

I really disagree with you, sir. Being a housewife is a full-time profession, thus there is nothing wrong with it. As long as hubby can support his family with the necessities and keep the house safe, there is nothing wrong with a man wanting a housewife and it isn't in anyway bringing down his self-esteem

Nobody ever claimed housewives were dullards nor nonentities; they take care of the family, help their husbands, nuture and educate their kids, which makes the house functioning, which in turn makes society functional. Yes there are ways they can make money for themselves, with handskills like tailoring, hairdressing, making stuffs, baking stuffs, online business etc, they can easily earn some cash from home while building the home.

Lastly, the wife is supposed to only be useful to the hubby first and the children, these should be her top priority after God. Lets forget about modern wokism culture.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by TemplarLandry: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
Don't indoctrinate anyone here.
No man wants to marry a liability.
Women should go to school or learn some skills.
Real men look forward to marrying industrious women. Not an β€œalabordo”(a woman who's being fed only for coitus).

GodWrites:
Being a housewife is a full-time job. That's why most career women can't do without a maid. If you are not the ambitious type, there's no harm in being a housewife. But if you are ambitious and run a business, or perhaps want to climb the corporate ladder like Okonjo Iweala, get a maid, and a chef too. All these should be discussed with your husband-to-be before you say "i do" to avoid conflict. If possible, put it in writing so your husband wouldn't pretend he never had such a discussion with you.

8 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by GodWrites: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Don't indoctrinate anyone here.
No man wants to marry a liability.
Women should go to school or learn some skills.
Real men look forward to marrying industrious women. Not an β€œalabordo”(a woman who's being fed only for coitus).

Is your head correct? Where am I indoctrinating people?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Merry100: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
sadly the issue is bigger than just housewives.... i blame AFRICAN SOCIETY/CULTURE for that.
too many women out there are getting married out of pressure to be called Mrs at any cost, thus they accept any kind of nonsense under the moon (before marriage). thus after a while they get tired&bored of such houswewife lifestyle but its too late.

i cant blame these low self esteem insecure men who want to lock up their wife at any cost after marriage, and have to lay the sole blame on African SOCIETY/CULTURE for that (coupled with religious/peer pressure)

some yeye people out there are desperate to get married at any cost, and they dont even know why and/or how to have a successful marriage.
You are right, some full-time housewives never wanted to be in that role; they had their own dreams and aspirations prior to marriage, but they were compelled to give them up after getting married.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by zed7: 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hardworking housewives are the real bosses. It's not easy managing a home, a man and kids. Kudos.It's even much better when she has a side hustle.

It's better to be a housewife with a fulfilled family life than a slay queen working class lady being passed around by different bosses, becoming an old hag and regretting it later, asking if it was worth it.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Merry100: 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
zed7:
Hardworking housewives are the real bosses. It's not easy managing a home, a man and kids. Kudos.It's even much better when she has a side hustle.

It's better to be a housewife with a fulfilled family life than a slay queen working class lady being passed around by different bosses, becoming an old hag and regretting it later, asking if it was worth it.
Make your words accurate, do you mean unmarried working-class women are promiscuous?

If your wife were like Okonjo-Iweala or Folorunsho Alakija, wouldn't you be proud of her? Being with a successful woman doesn't diminish your masculinity. Both full-time housewives and working-class women have the potential to be faithful or unfaithful. Restricting a woman from working and confining her to the home will not prevent her from cheating if she is inclined to do so. I am aware that there are many immature individuals, including women, who express senseless opinions on the internet, but it is not wise to pass judgment on working-class women based solely on what is seen online. The majority of women, whether full-time housewives or working-class, possess the ability to efficiently manage their households and cater to their family's needs.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
I don't see myself being a house wife and neither do I see myself getting a maid to take care of the household chores on my behalf... I'd rather hire a cleaning company to send its cleaners to the house at least three times in a week to do a deep clean on my behalf while I'm at work.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by isitforeba: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Pay me well, why not

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by zed7: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
Merry100:

Make your words accurate, do you mean unmarried working-class women are promiscuous?

If your wife were like Ojeawela or Folorunsho Alakija, wouldn't you be proud of her? Being with a successful woman doesn't diminish your masculinity. Both full-time housewives and working-class women have the potential to be faithful or unfaithful. Restricting a woman from working and confining her to the home will not prevent her from cheating if she is inclined to do so. I am aware that there are many immature individuals, including women, who express senseless opinions on the internet, but it is not wise to pass judgment on working-class women based solely on what is seen online. The majority of women, whether full-time housewives or working-class, possess the ability to efficiently manage their households and cater to their family's needs.

Leave experience for the experienced. I've been in so many work spaces in different spheres and believe me, most successful achieving woman usually rides on the back or dk of men to get that successful status.

Yea, a handful of women have fought genuinely to get to the top, but only a handful. We know what we know. And by the way, not to judge, you may want to research how your Alakija became very successful. Enough said.

10 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Justkatty(f): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
Never
Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Proserpina: 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Merry100: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

There is a lot wrong with a man wanting his wife to be a full-time housewife if she doesn't want to, but if she is personally willing to become a full-time housewife, there is nothing wrong with it.

Your last paragraph reminds me of a Church guy who was assumed to be God's will for me. When we started our friendship, he was completely broke, and I even assisted him financially. However, as he became financially stable, his expectations changed. He suddenly desired a wife who would be a full-time housewife and he even quoted Bible verses to justify his decision. He became increasingly aggressive and demanding, to the point where he had issues with all my friends and demanded that I stop befriending them.

Despite his behavior, some people around me insisted that he was a good Christian brother and that I should try to understand him. They failed to recognize that being religious and one's personality are separate aspects of a person. At that time, I was generally very nice, but I also had a stubborn side. Although I was naturally an introvert, I forced myself to break out of my shell because I didn't like the fact that people were infringing on my rights.

I totally disagree with you. How does a woman trying to achieve her potential make her less useful to her husband and children? Women also have dreams they aspire to achieve, and the Bible does not limit women's potential; in fact, God Himself appointed Deborah as a judge over Israel.

11 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by GreatAchiever1: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by GreatAchiever1: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
Merry100:

Your last paragraph reminds me of a Church guy who was assumed to be God's will for me. When we started our friendship, he was completely broke, and I even assisted him financially. However, as he became financially stable, his expectations changed. He suddenly desired a wife who would be a full-time housewife and he even quoted Bible verses to justify his decision. He became increasingly aggressive and demanding, to the point where he had issues with all my friends and demanded that I stop befriending them.

Despite his behavior, some people around me insisted that he was a good Christian brother and that I should try to understand him. They failed to recognize that being religious and one's personality are separate aspects of a person. At that time, I was generally very nice, but I also had a stubborn side. Although I was naturally an introvert, I forced myself to break out of my shell because I didn't like the fact that people were infringing on my rights.
Even if she doesn't want to, there is nothing wrong with a man wanting his wife to be a full-time housewife as long as he is able to provide whatever is required for the family's maintenance. However, these things should be discussed before getting married; otherwise, what is the point of courting?

If anything, he didn't make it clear from the beginning, even when he was broke, what he desired in a woman. And after he made his intentions towards you and became aggressive and demanding to you about it, to me, that kind of screams neediness, which is a red flag. I don't believe that only one person is God's will for anyone to marry. But I won't criticize him for his preferences in a woman.

I totally disagree with you. How does a woman trying to achieve her potential make her less useful to her husband and children? Women also have dreams they aspire to achieve, and the Bible does not limit women's potential; in fact, God Himself appointed Deborah as a judge over Israel.

Naturally, dissenting opinions are always welcome. I didn't say a woman shouldn't use her potential, but if it takes precedence over the requirements of her family, that potential has to be considered. Women who are focused on their careers often make references to Deborah in the Bible. Although I haven't personally studied Deborah's character, I can say that just because something is the exception to the rule doesn't mean it always is. Additionally, Israel was experiencing God's judgment during Deborah's rule, which should tell you something.
Even though the apostle Peter cited Sarah as an example of a woman for leading a godly life in 1 Peter 3, I don't understand why modern women no longer utilize her as a case study.

And if you claim to be able to strike a balance between the two, please explain how you achieve it without sacrificing either your career or your family. One must unquestionably come before the other, and in my view, this means that women should prioritize their families, putting their husbands and kids first.

10 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Crystalom35: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:

this is trash.

It's not low self esteem that makes a man say his woman should be full time house wife.

It doesn't also mean that the woman is incapable of anything else.

For some, the arrangement works. Most women love it. That's all that matters.

All these western things have brainwashed many of you

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Crystalom35: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
Puss360:
Yes... If I marry a white man...
But here in Africa, Never....
Either I work pass the man or we do the same working hours....
Coz one day, the man can become aggressive and say I'm lazy, so I need to be prepared for dat day in my marriage....

That will be when I marry sha...πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

NEXT CASE PLEASE!!!!!
you have a problem though
Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Crystalom35: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

he's only repeating things the western magazine have fed him. Most people are brainwashed but they don't even know

6 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Puss360(f): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
Crystalom35:
you have a problem though
Face the topic....
Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Crystalom35: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't see myself being a house wife and neither do I see myself getting a maid to take care of the household chores on my behalf... I'd rather hire a cleaning company to send its cleaners to the house at least three times in a week to do a deep clean on my behalf while I'm at work.
still the same thing.

One is just a modern day glorified position. Whether working at work or as full time house wife.

It's all the same thing. Your problem is seeing your husband as the boss.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? by Crystalom35: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
Puss360:

Face the topic....
I'm facing your comment on the topic. It shows that you have a problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Whyme222's Wife's Response....nairalanders Be The Judge / Top Ten Reason For Divorce In 2012 / Should A Woman Be Pregnant for Her Fiance Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.