Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

How To Start A Business With No Money, No Network And No Skill - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start A Business With No Money, No Network And No Skill (866 Views)

HELP: Between FB Audience Network And Admob Which Is Better For App Monetization / Help: 2 Years A Youtuber, 1000 Subscribers, No Money / Start Online Business With No Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Business With No Money, No Network And No Skill by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
No money?

No network?

No degree?

No Skill?

No problem.

I have been pondering this a lot recently.

Someone jumped on a call with me last week with this specific problem.

I promised I was going to think more about it and give them a more fleshed out answer.

Normally, when I get asked how to resolve this problem I usually go with the usual tidbits.

You know them:

'Start small.'

'Work smart'

'Believe in yourself.'

But let's be honest those are really canned non actionable answers.

I daresay useless even for most people.

So what can someone with no money, no degree, no network or skill do to start a business they can grow profitably?

Here is my own opinion on a solution.

It's what I have seen many do and become successful with.

It's flats out work and never fails.

I promise if you change your belief set and take this route it will work for you too.

Here we go:

First, you need to stop selling.

Don't sell shit.

Forget about chasing money.

The first thing you should rather do is build a network.

And you build this network not to sell to them or get referrals from them or any of that nonsense stuff.

What you first need to realize is, no one likes being sold to.

We can all smell that guy from a distance.

You know that guy that just wants to sell us that shoe that he swears will get us our next job.

Or that guy that's hammering a new website down your throat.

Think about it.

Do you like buying from people like that.

We see them as thorns in our flesh.

We are walking by a marketplace and they are rough handling us trying to force us to come into their stores.

I just fling away their advances and give them my cold death stare.

You really don't want me to give you a cold death stare.

You really don't.

So back to network eh?

So why should you be building a network if you are not selling to them.

You build networks to learn.

Too many people are building nonsense business that nobody wants.

I should know because I was once like that.

Ever had that brilliant idea while in the shower?

The idea hits you right in the gut.

In fact it's so captivating you rush out from the bathroom with soap still in your ear.

You run around and find a jot pad and start scribbling down the idea before the gods erase them from your brain.

Freaking gods.

You can't take this one from me.

The idea is so brilliant you start feeling like the love child of Einstein and Dangote.

This is so brilliant and I'm going to make trillions.

Why hasn't any one thought of this?

God, humans are stupid and I'm so wise.

Two weeks later you are working on the idea building a product that will shake the very foundations of earth.

Then a month later your brain child is ready.

You are ready to unleash untold wizardry to the universe.

They are not ready for this, you tell yourself.

Then you release.

But no one is coming.

Crickets.

And more crickets.

You try to shove it down people's throat but alas everyone thinks your idea is dud.

You run ads. You do giveaways. You cold call. Build the most amazing websites. SEO. Still nothing!

6 months later you are broke and move back to your parents house.

It's sad isn't it?

This is exactly why you build a network.

To build or start a business people will crawl on glass to buy from.

It's possible even if you start with nothing.

And I will show you how you can leverage that network to start on a life long journey of bliss.

End of chapter one.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business With No Money, No Network And No Skill by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
Have you tried selling something to someone and they say no thanks?

Or worse still they tell you they will buy but when it's time to pull out their wallet they disappear?

Trust me:

It's not them, it's you.

There's was this time I was building websites for people.

I will go on Google, search for a keyword (related to an industry I will like to build a website for).

Then I will start going down the list of search results and see which sites have terrible, outdated and ugly sites.

Then I will contact the owners and promise to build a better website for free.

So this one time, I happened to fall on this site owned by a woman with a makeup class.

You should see her website. Terrible.

I had cataract just looking at the website.

I didn't even contact her initially.

I just went on to build a far better site.

You should see my website.

Absolute beauty.

I then contacted her and sent her a link of the website on a sub domain I hosted it.

'Get lost.'

Very eloquent reply she gave me.

Get lost.

Guys, it was free.

I wasn't going to charge her.

The website was a no brainer replacement.

She was losing hundreds in sales with her ugly website and I was giving her a FREE website that could literally put a lot of moolah in her pocket.

And what she had to say was get lost.

I began bombarding her with emails explaining my thoughts and how much she was forgoing declining my offer. A free one.

Get lost. Get lost. Get lost.

In fact she did confirm her website was ugly.

She did confirm she was losing sales.

She did confirm the website was hurting her brand and reputation.

She also confirmed mine was a beauty (I told you.)

She confirmed mine will improve her brand message, sales and reputation.

She appreciated the FREE offer, she trusted I was acting in good faith and yet she told me to get lost.

I was befuddled.

I couldn't understand it.

So I went on a long soul search and spoke to some of my mentors then about the issue.

And one of them told me something that changed my life. Literally changed my life.

I will tell you all about it in Chapter three.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business With No Money, No Network And No Skill by folash: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
Please we are waiting for chapter three. smiley
Re: How To Start A Business With No Money, No Network And No Skill by godwinstringed1(m): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2019
This is Godwin sir! Nice work brother!

(1) (Reply)

Mybb Tutorial: Top 10 Best/free Dark And Light Gaming Forum Themes For Mybb / Cheap Virtual Bank Account For Us Paypal / I Need Someone To Teach Me How To Withdraw Money From A Blocked Admob Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.