Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

This Can Be Done To Help Entrepreneurs Overcome Erratic Power Supply - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Can Be Done To Help Entrepreneurs Overcome Erratic Power Supply (367 Views)

How Do I Overcome This Temptation From This Sexy Lady? / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / How To Overcome Witchcraft Operation Using Spiritual Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Can Be Done To Help Entrepreneurs Overcome Erratic Power Supply by OdiaI(f): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
Light has been a major need to smoothly run a business in Nigeria, however small it may be.

Many businesses have folded up because of how expensive it is using power generators to provide light. It is a really big problem affecting the Enterprise space.
It is not easy running a business in Nigeria because of the epileptic power supply. A lot of people have great plans for the Country especially in tackling unemployment through Entrepreneurship. It is only an enabling environment that can keep people in Business. As it stands, power supply in Nigeria is unstable and not reliable at all.

Something can be done to address this issue for small Businesses. The great Chief Obafemi Awolowo during his time established Farm settlements in the Western regions for training of young and old farmers and for the production and distribution of farm products at affordable prices. The settlements were located on large expanses of lands with houses and farms equipped with mechanized machineries for the ease of farming and of course light was not a problem.
The farmers were only required to pay a small token every year.

Chief Obafemi's government also established and ran efficient and productive Industrial Estates in Ikeja, Yaba, Ibadan, Benin, Warri, and Asaba, as the main industrial hubs of the then Western Nigeria. The government set up WNDC to establish various industries, agricultural plantations, in cocoa, rubber, commercial trees, cashew, palm tress and fruit trees." (source: google)

Same can be done for young entrepreneurs today by establishing industrial production settlements with the same objectives as the farm settlements where LIGHT is made CONSTANT and each person is given production units to make production/distribution very easy all at subsidized rates. This will make more businesses sustainable and also create more employment.

(1) (Reply)

My Grandfather Wants To Buy A Burial Insurance. Any Recommendations? / Some Things Are Never Done / Why Is Family Every Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.