Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF (4968 Views)

Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by 19Ebisco: 4:48am On Aug 30, 2018
Ghana will host the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations billed for November 17- December.

Speculations were rife about the country still hosting the tournament, after Ghana was threatened by FIFA with a suspension. But Confederation of Africa Football said in a statement on Tuesday night that Ghana was never stripped of the opportunity.

The reports further indicated Kenya had also reject an opportunity to host the competition after receiving the nod from CAF to host.

CAF also indicated a final decision would be taken after CAF’s general meeting on September 12.

Back in July there were fears that Ghana may not be ready to host, as there was no indication that the country was preparing for the event. However, Ghana sports minister Isaac Asiamah assured CAF president Ahmad Ahmad, Ghana will be ready.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/awcon-2018-ghana-remains-hosts-says-caf.html

Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by davibid: 6:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Let them host it and Nigeria will win it as usual grin

4 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by fedora04: 6:40am On Aug 30, 2018
CAF please verify and be sure
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by seyilabi(m): 6:42am On Aug 30, 2018
I hope they are really ready so as not to embarrass the continent.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by balosunky(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2018
MrRabbi:
Where's Seun... Please I don't want to hear stories this time I've hit FTC for five time now without reward... It's not fair ooo corruption everywhere... Hope my money won't enter TSA or be used for Mr. Lifeless President re-election bid.
Bro, na wa for you ooo. 5 times I salute you
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by MrRabbi(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2018
balosunky:
Bro, na wa for you ooo. 5 times I salute you

My blood dy hot today... Just keep checking the front page you'll see me there FTC
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by MufasaRebirth: 7:08am On Aug 30, 2018
Naija Girls go do dem shege !!
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2018
What a shame to Nigerians.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by RichDad1(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
What a shame to Nigerians.
Is everything alright with you ? angry angry
Wetin concerns Nigeria with Ghana?
Because Dem wan host CAF competition?
Which year dem born you ?
I sure say you no know say Nigeria don host TWO FIFA World Cup tournaments succefully.
Go ask older pipu for una house.

Indomie shildren undecided
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by WhoBeThisMan: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2018
MrRabbi:
Where's Seun... Please I don't want to hear stories this time I've hit FTC for five time now without reward... It's not fair ooo corruption everywhere... Hope my money won't enter TSA or be used for Mr. Lifeless President re-election bid.

0057402027 Access Bank Idigo Philip O
Show me some love make I pay for my PGD project fee.
FTC five times?? Hmm hope you are reading your books o?
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 30, 2018
RichDad1:

Is everything alright with you ? angry angry
Wetin concerns Nigeria with Ghana?
Because Dem wan host CAF competition?
Which year dem born you ?
I sure say you no know say Nigeria don host TWO FIFA World Cup tournaments succefully.
Go ask older pipu for una house.

Indomie shildren undecided
Nigeria is obviously not better than Ghana economically.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by RichDad1(m): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
Nigeria is obviously noy better than Ghana economically.
By GDP or what ?
Lagos state alone is better than Ghana economical. cool
Btw, hosting a World Cup is more about planning and organization.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2018
RichDad1:

By GDP or what ?
Lagos state alone is better than Ghana economical. cool
Btw, hosting a World Cup is more about planning and organization.
Population size is not used as an index to determine which economy is better than the other.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by RichDad1(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
Population size is not used as an index to determine which economy is better than the other.
I’m not talking about population size.
Ghana is not better than Lagos state economically. cool
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by webincomeplus(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
Nigeria is obviously not better than Ghana economically.
Stop saying what you don't know. Lagos and Rivers state alone have a combined GDP of 54 billion USD, while Ghana as a whole has a GDP of 49 billion USD.
(Source: Wikipedia)

Economically, those two states alone are richer than the whole of Ghana. But unfortunately, Nigeria has been cursed with leaders who are on a mission to deny masses the benefits of economic profits.

Ghana has better amenities because it has better and selfless leaders. And that's what any country needs to thrive.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2018
RichDad1:

And what do you know about an Economy?
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Ndjones(m): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
Lagos and Rivers States GDP is $54m while that if Ghana is $42m. How's Ghana better than Nigeria?
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2018
Ndjones:

Lagos and Rivers States GDP is $54m while that if Ghana is $42m. How's Ghana better than Nigeria?
Interesting phenomenon, you are talking about states, I'm talking about the country vis-à-vis Nigeria vs Ghana and its Economic performance, development growth too.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by emeka1101: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2018
RichDad1:

And is nigeria not all about Lagos?
Lagos which happens to be the smallest state out of the 36 takes about 40% of nigerian's GDP.
So when you compare the GDP of Lagos to Ghana ,its more or less like comparing Nigeria to Ghana which is very shameful.

What about the other States which are even bigger and larger than Lagos?

This even shows why nigeria is the poverty capital of the world
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by emeka1101: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2018
Ndjones:

You obviously don't understand what you're saying.
This should even tell you how weak and poor the nigerian economy is.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Ndjones(m): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2018
emeka1101:

You obviously don't understand what you're saying.
This should even tell you how weak and poor the nigerian economy is.
You don't know anything. I don't want to compare the GDP of Nigeria with that of Ghana because it's way beyond comparison that's why I used just 2 States. for your info Nigeria $405b while Ghana $42b
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Akorkor(f): 9:28am On Aug 30, 2018
Guys move on. The lady doesnt know what she is saying.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by flamingREED(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2018
emeka1101:
This even shows why nigeria is the poverty capital of the world
Namesake take it easy. Is it because of N Kanu?
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Ndjones(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=emeka1101
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by emeka1101: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Ndjones:

You don't know anything. I don't want to compare the GDP of Nigeria with that of Ghana because it's way beyond comparison that's why I used just 2 States. for your info Nigeria $405b while Ghana $42b
Take your dumbness away.
Go and update your brain before coming here.

Of only 2 states out of the 36 states forms about 40% of nigerians GDP,what should that tell you?.
What about the remaining 34 remaining states?

You don't even know what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by solex1988(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
African and impromptu are five & six
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by RichDad1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
And what do you know about an Economy?
I’m not that generous to school you about the economy.

Face your Home Economics tongue
Ciao
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
RichDad1:
I’m not that generous to school you about the economy.
Face your Home Economics tongue Ciao
Just so we are clear, I'm an Economist.
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by RichDad1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
Just so we are clear, I'm an Economist.
Congrats ���
Re: AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
RichDad1:
Congrats ���
Indeed

(1) (Reply)

Mary Onyali-Omagbemi - maryonyali.com / Predict Football Matches For Free & Make Money. / Osaze Odemwingie Scores Epl Fastest Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.