Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Tubers Of Yam - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Tubers Of Yam (3550 Views)

Unbelieveable...buy 100 Tubers Of Yam For N9,000 / Sales Of Cassava Stems And Tubers / Fresh Cassava Tubers And Stems For Sale @ 10percent Discount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tubers Of Yam by Dolaapo(f): 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2010
Where can i buy yam tubers in the MD/DC/VA area.?
I don't want to buy from African stores because they are super expensive. I don't mind if someone buys in bulk and we split the cost. Recently i have a huge cravings for yam, its very serious. grin
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
Order from Nigeria . . . . .
Team up with some friends or family and order from Nigeria, might be cheaper, when you order, i beg add some gala to it
Re: Tubers Of Yam by dominique(f): 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2010
femmmy, so you're still on this gala matter. pele o tongue
Re: Tubers Of Yam by tpiah: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
i wonder oh.

at this rate, he might have to quickly fly down to nigeria and get some.

@op

i'd say buy from the stores unless you're planning to resell the yams. Storing them isnt easy because they tend to rot quickly being soft tubers.
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Hauwa1: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2010
i'd say from obeng int'l store in silver spring. my sis bought yams in bulk from there for their party.
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Dolaapo(f): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
tpiah:

i wonder oh.

at this rate, he might have to quickly fly down to Nigeria and get some.

@op

i'd say buy from the stores unless you're planning to resell the yams. Storing them isnt easy because they tend to rot quickly being soft tubers.

to prevent yam from rotting:
peel the yam
cut into cubes
wash thoroughly
store in a ziplock bag (or similar)
pop it in the freezer.
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Dolaapo(f): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
@ femmy, lol
i don't need that much (i don't want to re-sell).

the prices at the African stores (the ones I've being too) are ridiculous. they sell by the pound and they don't put the price per pound of most food items. you only find out at the register (even then its the total price).
for real oo, i don miss eating yam, the prices makes yam a luxury item. few days ago, i went to the store to get yam, and i paid $6.14 for 1 small tuber (that approx 934 naira shocked) trying to find decent ones at cheaper prices (i don't mind paying like $100 for a lot instead of $6 for 1)

@ hauwa,
how much was the yam?
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2010
dominique:

femmmy, so you're still on this gala matter. pele o tongue

My dear, i am still on it oh, and till i eat some, wont get off it.
tpiah:

i wonder oh.

at this rate, he might have to quickly fly down to nigeria and get some.

@op

Pay for my trip now . . . . cool
Re: Tubers Of Yam by tpiah: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2010
Dolaapo:

to prevent yam from rotting:
peel the yam
cut into cubes
wash thoroughly
store in a ziplock bag (or similar)
pop it in the freezer.

dont you think this will affect the taste when you cut up yams and freeze them in bulk?

i mean, i dont know- have you done it before?

it just seems like a lot of trouble to go to but you may be right sha.

true- yams are very expensive overseas and most times they dont even taste as good as the ones back home.
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
tpiah:

dont you think this will affect the taste when you cut up yams and freeze them in bulk?

i mean, i dont know- have you done it before?

it just seems like a lot of trouble to go to but you may be right sha.

true- yams are very expensive overseas and most times they dont even taste as good as the ones back home.

I wont even call such a yam, i would rather call it "may" cos that is yam turned upside down
Re: Tubers Of Yam by spoilt(f): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Order from Nigeria . . . . .
Team up with some friends or family and order from Nigeria, might be cheaper, when you order, i beg add some gala to it

When I was in Naija, I tried gala again. It tasted like sawdust. It was not the gala I remember.
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Dolaapo(f): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
^^^^, u r quite right about the gala, tasted horrible. i missed gala so much that i said they (family) should buy gala when coming to pick me up at the airport (was disappointedwith the taste).
@tpiah, nope, no difference in taste, as long as it is in a bag that will prevent freezer burns
Re: Tubers Of Yam by Hauwa1: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
search for obeng africa store online and get their nos.

call them to find out the price for carton of yam. they sell in bulk and she said the price is good.
Re: Tubers Of Yam by nopoverty(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2010
i can supply yams from ondo state.just call the number below if you need yams both within and outside the country
Re: Tubers Of Yam by dominique(f): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
why did they move this thread to business? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Coin Snooker Table / BBQ Charcoal Maker For Sale-factory Price / Blco On Tto/fob/ttt/cif. I Am Direct Seller. Call 07067214849

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.