Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran (1345 Views)

Gianluigi Donnarumma Reacts To Messi’s Penalty Miss / Pitch Invader Ran On The Pitch, Chile Player Tackles Him, Suarez Ran To Referee / Messi Penalty Miss Argentina Vs Iceland Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Dailymemoirs: 9:38am On Sep 03, 2018
Was Messi’s penalty gesture to Suarez Benevolence or show off ?

By Soibi Ransom

Lionel Messi yesterday handed a penalty to his team mate Suarez after he was on two goals and needed a hat trick as Barcelona won the game 8-2. He chose to let Suarez who had already scored a goal to be in the same level of goals with him something his Barcelona team mates and fans have praised as generous.

However Messi’s gesture has been seen as a show off by others as in the past he had muzzled Zlatan Ibrahimovic from the club by telling Pep Guardiola to give him Zlatan’s position while Zlatan was leading the scorers chat with 11 goals. This led to Zlatan’s ordeal at the club as he was eventually left on the bench became unhappy and left for AC Milan. Messi had also passed a penalty for Suarez two seasons ago with Cristiano Ronaldo saying

” I saw it. I know why he did it but I would not comment further anymore”.

Lionel Messi has always tried to project a saint like person of himself publicly in contrast to Ronaldo’s outward honesty of saying his true feelings or not wanting to sound politically correct. Messi has in the past drawn people to himself by applying the quite saint tactics to become loved as better than Ronaldo but it seems it’s all a public display.

And his decision to hand Suarez the spot kick has come under scrutiny while some have said it was his generosity others have claimed it is insincere of him given what he had done to Zlatan in the past and recently his influence in preventing Mauro Icardi

https://dailymemoirsnews./2018/09/03/was-messis-penalty-gesture-towards-suarez-benevolence-or-show-off-by-soibi-ransom/

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Nbote(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2018
Dis Soibi guy is clearly a Ronaldo fanboy and a Messi hater... Initially I thought his piece on Ronaldo's UEFA player of d year snub was jus an honest analysis but dis ryt here shows his disgusting biased mindset... Messi has always been a selfless player which is why he improves those around him and which is why he's d better than Ronaldo. For Ronaldo it has always been about individual glory whether d team fails or not. Dis isn't d first tym he's giving away penalty duties... Suarez hasn't been having best of games up front and how best to get his confidence boosted than buy making sure he's scoring goals... Aubameyang did same for Lacazette last season at arsenal.

3 Likes

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Dailymemoirs: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2018
Nbote:
Dis Soibi guy is clearly a Ronaldo fanboy and a Messi hater... I

���[center][/center] we all love someone but what we say must be backed by fact too not just sentiment
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Nbote(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

���[center][/center] we all love someone but what we say must be backed by fact too not just sentiment

Is dis d first tym Messi is giving away Penalty duties wen he's on a hat trick?? U ppl are really becoming pathetic. If U prefer Ronaldo, why always try to compare him with Messi?? I'm sure if Ronaldo had done dis same act which we know he won't, U would have created countless unnecessary thread on how his heart is bigger than every other player ever...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Dailymemoirs: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2018
Read the article .....not hate it..I talked of the context it was done not the act itself. Ronaldo I mentioned to be self centered but I said he didn't pretend ..he gave Benzema when he needed it . Not for public display. He has also let xavi Alonso too in the past. Messi was trying to get attention some how of being a saint but we know him we know who he is
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Nbote(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2018
Dailymemoirs:
Read the article .....not hate it..I talked of the context it was done not the act itself. Ronaldo I mentioned to be self centered but I said he didn't pretend ..he gave Benzema when he needed it . Not for public display. He has also let xavi Alonso too in the past. Messi was trying to get attention some how of being a saint but we know him we know who he is

Wat exactly is ur problem?? D mere fact dat U ppl are always fixated on Messi everytime is what I find irritating.. Why does he need to pretend?? Will pretending make him dribble or score more ?? Will it make him a better player than he already is Messi doesnt give a rats ass about a Rivalry or being beta than anyone else. He doesnt have to talk about how gud he is. There's more to jus scoring goals for some players. Go and listen to d interview d Croatia coach gave about d reaction to Modric's win...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Dailymemoirs: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2018
Nbote:

Wat exactly is ur problem?? D mere fact dat U ppl are always fixated on Messi everytime is what I find irritating.. Why does he need to pretend?? Will pretending make him dribble or score more ?? Will it make him a better player than he already is Messi doesnt give a rats ass about a Rivalry or being beta than anyone else. He doesnt have to talk about how gud he is. There's more to jus scoring goals for some players. Go and listen to d interview d Croatia coach gave about d reaction to Modric's win...

No its not envy. Ronaldo is not a saint. He is not claiming to be but Messi acts like goals don't matter and he is not desperate but his action in.gge Zlatan case and Argentina scenario suggests he loves goals and he is even desperate for power too like Ronaldo but acts quiet to cover up
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Nbote(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
I give up on u and ur likes... Why does a player like Messi need to pretend or cover up anything like he cares about what U think... Xavi and Iniesta too pretended ryt, or d likes of Zidane and Raul? Stop trying to justify Ronaldo's attitude with other ppl's own.. Face ur Ronaldo and leave Messi alone...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Realboygenius(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2018
The Betway 5s League commenced already, Follow @betway_ng on Instagram to get regular updates. #BetwayDaily

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by abduljabbar4(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2018
What a very dumb and hateful post. whether its sincere or not, it remains a good gesture contrary to your hero who insults team mates at will and refuses to celebrate when his team mates score

1 Like

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Jokerman(m): 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nbote:
Dis Soibi guy is clearly a Ronaldo fanboy and a Messi hater... Initially I thought his piece on Ronaldo's UEFA player of d year snub was jus an honest analysis but dis ryt here shows his disgusting biased mindset... Messi has always been a selfless player which is why he improves those around him and which is why he's d better than Ronaldo. For Ronaldo it has always been about individual glory whether d team fails or not. Dis isn't d first tym he's giving away penalty duties... Suarez hasn't been having best of games up front and how best to get his confidence boosted than buy making sure he's scoring goals... Aubameyang did same for Lacazette last season at arsenal.

Who did Messi improve??
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Jokerman(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nbote:

Who did Messi improve??
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by SlayerForever: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
Even if Ronaldo has his quirks too,the writer couldn't have said it any better. Well,the act is testament to Ronaldo's awesomeness. Messi is no longer under pressure because the G.O.A.T has left La Liga.
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nbote you should know by now that Penaldo Fans are Pathetic losers.
Why waste your time explaining Greatness.

1 Like

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by shogsman(m): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Jokerman:

Who did Messi improve??

See foolish question .

1 Like

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
shogsman:

See foolish question .
I swear
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by AYFikayomi: 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

Baba shut up joor grin grin
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by Sundayjoko: 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
shogsman:

See foolish question .
It's not a foolish question,answer it
Don't make up excuses,tell us who Messi improved

Ohhh wait...it's Dembele grin and Neymar gringrin
Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by AYFikayomi: 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sundayjoko:

It's not a foolish question,answer it
Don't make up excuses,tell us who Messi improved

Ohhh wait...it's Dembele grin and Neymar gringrin

Pedro, Neymar.... Infact The entire Barca team currently is trash without Messi, he makes them a world class team... You obviously don't watch football

2 Likes

Re: Was Messi's Penalty Gesture Towards Suarez Benevolence Or Show Off? By Soibi Ran by uthlaw: 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
SlayerForever:
Even if Ronaldo has his quirks too,the writer couldn't have said it any better. Well,the act is testament to Ronaldo's awesomeness. Messi is no longer under pressure because the G.O.A.T has left La Liga.
No penalty no goal for the goat,it goat indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians, South Africans Trade Insults On Twitter Over AFCON Quarter Final / Manutd Team B 4 Arsenal Team A 0 / Fifa Probes Suarez Handball: Fifa Confirms Investigation Into 'hand Of God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.