Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World (54126 Views)

Mother Abandons Four-year-old Sick Girl In Hospital / The Reality Of The Problem Is The Fact That Possibly The Best Weight Loss Produc / World Health Organization Calls Cell Phone Use “Possibly Carcinogenic” To Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by whiteroses(f): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2010
Lizzie Velasquez weighs just four stone and has almost zero per cent body fat but she'll be the first to tell you she's not anorexic.

The 21-year-old from Austin, Texas, actually eats every 15 minutes just to stay healthy.

The Texas State University student has a condition that is so rare, there are only three known cases in the world. It prevents her from gaining weight even though she eats up to 60 small meals a day.
Lizzie Velasquez has a syndrome that prevents her from putting on weight. She eats high calorie food every 15-20 minutes to keep her energies level high, Lizzie only has nipples and wears padded bra.

She consumes between 5,000 and 8,000 calories a day but her weight has never tipped over 4.3 stone.

'I weigh myself regularly and if I gain even one pound I get really excited,' 5ft 2ins Lizzie said.

'I eat small portions of crisps, sweets, chocolate, pizza, chicken, cake, doughnuts, ice cream, noodles and pop tarts all day long, so I get pretty upset when people accuse me of being anorexic.'

Lizzie was born four weeks prematurely weighing just 2lb 10oz. Doctors found there was minimal amniotic fluid protecting her in the womb.

'They told us they had no idea how she could have survived,' said Lizzie's mother Rita, 45, a church secretary.

'We had to buy dolls' clothes from the toy store because baby clothes were too big.'

Doctors could not make a diagnosis so they prepared Lizzie's parents for the worst.

'They told us she would never be able to walk, talk or have a normal life,' said Rita who has two other children with Lizzie's father Lupe, 44.   Lizzie's siblings Chris, 12, and Marina, 15, are both of average height and weight.

My heart broke when i saw this, will she ever find love? have kids?

Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by nana(f): 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2010
God is great!
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by whiteroses(f): 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
^allah'u akbar! grin
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by nana(f): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hahahaha,exactly cheesy
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by Acidosis(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
This is idiopathic! The doctors probably did some guess work. There are lots of premature children with better qualities. She might have a BF, since she's a white lady, but it's not possible for her to get pregnant unless she wanna deliver a lizard
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by PokerFace(f): 1:04am On Jun 30, 2010
This is very sad!
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by Sissy3(f): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2010
quite sad imagine how hard she must be wishing just to be "normal" like her siblings sad sad sad sad
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by Spyker: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2010
Source please? photoshop can perform that trick.

1 Like

Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by Sissy3(f): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by spikedcylinder: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2010
Must be tough for her. I enjoy eating but when it I have to eat every 15mins to save my own life, it must be grueling.
Sad.
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by raintree: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2010
Here's a video about Lizzie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3J7tuaOQ74

What an incredible girl!
Re: Possibly The Skinniest Girl In The World by dominique(f): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
at least she defied the odds of not being able to walk and talk (at least she's in college now) and she has some semblance of a normal life.
the thing about people with special needs is that they don't feel as bad as we do about their conditions.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Manager Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Rivers. Employee, Gateman Test Positive / Prostitute Returns To Work 30 Minutes After Giving Birth In UK / SPOTTED: Airplane Seats Being Used For Visitors At A Lagos Hospital (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.