Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair (40615 Views)

Kenyan Baby Starts Menstruating At Four Months, Develops Pubic Hair / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair / Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by HealthFixHub: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2018
Based on the title, you would have already predicted the flow of this post. Most contrarily to what you might have thought, however, this post has been planned to go a whole different way. The issue as to whether to, or not completely shave the pubic hair is a big debate that has lingered on. We don’t plan to keep it lingering, no! So, rather than state why it is bad to completely shave your pubic hair as is the norm, we will discuss the importance of not shaving the pubic hair.

The pubic hair plays an important role as the first line of defense of the vagina opening. It helps to prevent foreign particles like pathogenic bacteria and dust from entering the body. This region is sensitive and requires serious attention.

Why you naturally have pubic hair

Contrary to the falsely believed fact that humans have vestigial body parts, the pubic hair was created for a reason. As little, tender and insignificant as it might seem, the pubic hairs play a vital role in our overall well being. Nature never made a mistake! Here are a few reasons why she provided you with pubic hairs.

# Pubic hairs are there to keep your vagina clean and safe.
# They protect the vagina from friction and abrasions during sex and other rigorous activities.
# It serves as the first line of protection against bacteria, STIs, and even irritation during sex. This is especially because the vaginal region is a sensitive area.
# Pubic hairs prevent irritation in the genital area during sex.
# They keep the pubic region at a temperature appropriate for the perfect functioning of the Instruments.
# The pubes retain great scents (generated by pheromones). This scent transmits sexual signals that arouse and intensify a partner’s sexual desire.

Importance of not shaving the pubic hair

If up till this point, you are not still sure of your decision as to whether to shave or not, read on. While you do, try to pay close attention to the reasons that will follow. They will help you make a decision.

#1 Experience a healthier and fresher skin

Often, we irritate our hair follicles and suffer from inflammations in the bid to get rid of our pubic hairs. What’s more, constant waxing causes painful ingrown hairs or burns and cuts if using a blade. Put together, these occurrences reduce the glow and radiance of your skin.

#2 Slows down bacteria proliferation
Continuous shaving and waxing especially support bacterial build-up, and with no extra line of protection, they penetrate the vagina. This is capable of happening since the moist temperature of the region coupled with the redness, cuts and weak pores that may result, creates a favorable environment for the build-up. No shaving/waxing equals reduced bacterial build up.

#3 Lesser chance of contracting herpes
When you shave and create sores and wounds on the skin, you’re well exposed to the virus that causes STIs. Several studies in recent time have shown that completely shaved women are more prone to contracting genital herpes.

#4 Lesser HPV cases
HPV, short for Human Papilloma Virus is a deadly disease that is becoming common these days. While this disease with no symptoms can be transmitted without the individual even knowing, the pubic hair helps as a protection barrier. So, adults who shave completely have a greater possibility of getting infected.

Pubic hair myths busted

# It is an aphrodisiac

It is true that being completely shaved gives a lot of women some sort of confidence and hence better sex. However, it depends greatly on the couple. While some people prefer their partners to be completely shaven, a lot still like their partner natural and with all the attributes intact. Moreover, sexual satisfaction could go beyond the quantity of hair a partner has, especially when well-being is involved.

# Shaving is more hygienic
This is a big one! An increasing lot of people believe that shaving the pubic hair prevents bad odor. No! Bad odor really has nothing to do with your pubic hair. It is totally dependent on your personal hygiene.

Advice for shaving the genitals

If you have read up to this point and you’re still not convinced enough to stop removing your pubic hair. Perhaps because you feel more comfortable without it, we’re still together. Here are a few good practices to keep in mind while shaving or waxing.

#1 Trim the overgrown bush first:

Trimming saves your time by preventing the hair from getting stuck in the shaving stick. It also prevents the hair from pulling at your skin. Use a good pair of scissors.

#2 Work on your pores:
Have a warm bath just before picking a shaving stick, this will help open your pores and soften coarse hairs. If you don’t feel like bathing at that moment, with lukewarm water and a small towel, dab the pubic region

#3 Pay attention to irritation:
Don’t be quick to push aside even the little signs of discomfort after shaving or waxing. Apply baby oil, Aloe Vera, or a good conditioner if you notice razor burns, itches or any discomfort.

#4 Wear cotton under wares instead:

Cotton underwears give air complete access to the pubic region. Also, while you keep away from materials like Lycra, wear loose dresses for a while. This will help reduce the possibility of an irritation.

These practices will help you experience the least amount of consequences possible while you shave or wax your pubes. Enjoy!

Conclusion
My take? I know that in this age where we’ve taken the backseat and let fashion drive, it’s demanding a lot from us. Getting rid of our pubic hair is one. However, I believe we should refuse to get tossed around by practices which “might” be detrimental to our health and wellbeing. I believe we should choose health over fashion. I believe we should stick with trimming rather than completely shaving or waxing. This is my take.

What do you think about this topic? What are your views, what are your experiences? Feel free to express yourself here and on the blog too.

Source: https://www.healthfixhub.com/2018/05/30/why-it-is-bad-to-shave-your-pubic-hair/

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by LuciferKristi: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2018
One strand of pubic hair turns me off so no head 4 you.

What if there's a poisonous snake lurking amongst those bushes?

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by chiommy123(f): 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
Someone said its unattractive with the bush

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Biglittlelois(f): 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
Complete shave it is for me abeg

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
angry

My pubic hair wey don turn to dada finish. I like it like that

24 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
There is a reason the hair is there in the first place...

It can serve as a sort of barrier for STDs cos it prevents direct skin contact apart from the regular condom usage.

8 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by lanrexdo(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
good hygiene practices are essential if you're going to keep your pubic hair. This basically means washing the area with soap and water, particularly after exercise and during your period. But they are lazy. That is why i love Islam. Wash your genitals after each piss. Then you would have no odor! Clean shave this, clean shave that. they end up with plenty bumps and irritations from jeans, bumper short, akube pants and the likes. Those in the medical line appreciate and i know peeps who have been doing it for long.. wink Trim but don't shave it all off!

16 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by famousroland(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
Explain better with real pictures na

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by 93Miles: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
ok
Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by obembet(f): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
last35:
it's pubic not public... Olodo
thanks for the correction... For that but baba re lolodo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
nothing as sweet as nacking a shaved wet slimey kitty

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Sharpshooota: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
I like me some pubic hairs mehn

Keep em clean and tidy

Me likey cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by wolesmile(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pictorial references, please

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by hisexcellency34: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
Come and help me shave mine
Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Sharpshooota: 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
yeyerolling:
nothing as sweet as nacking a shaved wet slimey kitty

Paedophile alert

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by BiafranBushBoy: 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
nawa oo... will you be the one to tell me how I am to shave my own pubic hair again? angry

No make me vex... grin

meanwhile... I have written exclusively on how you can save money and become rich.

This is one secret everybody wishes to know... I have shown you my methods!

Click here to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Sharpshooota: 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
obembet:
Who name this place PUBLIC HAIR self

Pubic not public...

Named after the pubic bone

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by IamPlato(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018

You Are Not Oka
It Must Be Shaved...

Without Shaving it Smells, i Dont Want To Imagine What A Bushy Pussy would Smell Like
Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Seconsol92(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Informative
Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by SexTin(f): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hmm, To Make It Warm Nw
Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by IamPlato(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018

You Are Not Oka
It Must Be Shaved...

Without Shaving it Smells, i Dont Want To Imagine What A Bushy Pussy would Smell Like.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by nevi12(f): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Keeping or shaving off pubic hair is a matter of prefrence

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by infogenius(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nothing as beautiful, sexy and mouth licking as a well trimmed public hair. Gorimapa is a turn off for me

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by nomenclature(m): 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
They keep the pubic region at a temperature appropriate for the perfect functioning of the Instruments.[color=#990000][/color]INSTURMENTS

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by Gepheral: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
They are cool

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by oshe11: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
Use Veet O jarè.....

Thats what made one of my girls' pussy clean and all.....

Almost as clean as my Japanese girl's pussy

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair by sotall(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
What about for guys?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / Prof. Isa Odidi China Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Plant: Atiku Congratulates / Safer Abortion; Desperate Help Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.