Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Soup From Benue State - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Soup From Benue State (17905 Views)

Order For Your Favourite Soup From *moresoup* / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Order For Pots Of Soup From Anjie's Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2007
has any one eaten one soup from Benue State called OKOHO SOUP?

e dey draw like hell?
need to share experiences?

the first day i tried it i was small then though. i had the whole bowl of soup on the floor and on my shirt. talk about stress when eating and you'll find it hundred percent here.

don' t get me wrong, the soup is sweet like heaven and i encourage you to try it if you have'nt

1 Like

Re: The Soup From Benue State by omoge(f): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2007
Yes, i ate okoho (woodlike stick, cut in piece and use of water to make it draw), yeah, tasted it because i thought it was Ogbono at first. it was alright.
had to learn how to ''cut'' it by the plate side or else the whole soup will draw with the plate to your mouth, lol.

my Tiv friends taught me to eat it. good with bushmeat and tuwo.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2007
omoge:

Yes, i ate okoho (woodlike stick, cut in piece and use of water to make it draw), yeah, tasted it because i thought it was Ogbono at first. it was alright.
had to learn how to ''cut'' it by the plate side or else the whole soup will draw with the plate to your mouth, lol.

my Tiv friends taught me to eat it. good with bushmeat and tuwo.

you know wassup. the soup dey sweet with bush meat well well.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by spoilt(f): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2007
i have never heard of that soup. but draw soups are highly welcome. (as long as they arent black) tongue
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2007
spoilt:

i have never heard of that soup. but draw soups are highly welcome. (as long as they arent black) tongue

it isnt black and i bet you will like it when you taste it.

wen u have the opportunity use it
Re: The Soup From Benue State by spoilt(f): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2007
i never heard of it in lagos sha. do i have to go to gboko to eat it? grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2007
with lots of egusi balls and bush meat, holla grin One of my fav. soup
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2007
spoilt:

i never heard of it in lagos sha. do i have to go to gboko to eat it? grin

u musnt come to gboko. oreover its the soupof the Idoma people and all yu have to do is locate the Idoma's in lag, come to Otukpo or visit TU FACE'S house and i assure you, you will enjoy a nice time out
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2007
iice:

with lots of egusi balls and bush meat, holla grin One of my fav. soup

youre damn rite. you got me salivating already cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Soup From Benue State by spoilt(f): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2007
ok. im going to start preparing to visit 2face. i want to taste that soup.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2007
bet me i believe he's going to look forward to meeting you.
knowing that someone wants to have a feel of his culture, i bet he should be glaaaaaaaaaaad grin grin grin

abi shocked cheesy grin

remember he might even sing for you a personal version of African queen for your listening pleasure only
Re: The Soup From Benue State by spoilt(f): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2007
it would be great to eat soup that 2face made himself. but that his "wife" will behead me after he finishes singing for me oh.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2007
well i belive the wife would be happy to share in his hubby's native pride but keeping your head intact i cant guarantee that.come to think of it, who even told you that he is married.

i believe he is still single and searching.

give it a try and keep your fingers crossed. you might be lucky to be invited for lunch away from prying eyes and poking noses.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by spoilt(f): 12:28am On Apr 20, 2007
didnt you hear that 2face has a girlfriend that gave birth for him? so i believe he's not looking. but that wont stop me going there to eat free soup. grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2007
thats his baby's mama.
i dont thuink they would be broken bottles when u go to eat okoho soup moreover i gues yuo have a nice head that i wouldnt want it to be broken. i will try to advice you on wen and how to visit to have a swell time.

fear not for ZEBEDEE is withyou.

enjoy. contact him. the girl doesnt have much to do grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2007
thats his baby's mama.
i dont thuink they would be broken bottles when u go to eat okoho soup moreover i gues yuo have a nice head that i wouldnt want it to be broken. i will try to advice you on wen and how to visit to have a swell time.

fear not for ZEBEDEE is withyou.

enjoy. contact him. the girl doesnt have much to do grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2007
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 3:24am On May 08, 2007
Am hungry for ohoko soup with lotsa egusi balls and bush meat complemented by Poundo!
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2007
iice:

Am hungry for ohoko soup with lotsa egusi balls and bush meat complemented by Poundo!
yeah heavily pounded poundo will just do and will keeeeeep you wanting more.

okoho soup is the bomb and i urge you to givve it a try if you come across it or on a second thought i could prepare iiiit for you wink
Re: The Soup From Benue State by mikemyq(m): 4:07pm On May 09, 2007
Hello all,

Am kind new here and would want to know how to ask some questions and also comment on some, kindly tell me how i go about this.

Can someone updat me on Celtel's Recruitment for Call Centre Agent in Oghara.

I went for the test and interview in early february, and i have not been contacted yet,
any useful infor about the current state of things, or does it mena the selection is over, any news of training if at all recruitment has been made.

Please, it wil help me a great dela if these two questions are given apt answers.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 4:12am On May 10, 2007
Wrong room, try the next ^^

@Zebedee, you know poundo is the only thing that goes deliciously well with okoho.
So you can cook it?!? Do expect me at 7pm for dinner grin

Please if you don't know how to cut soup, work on that cutting technique before attempting ohoko soup.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2007
@IICE
I SURE DO KNOW TO PREPARE IT. WILL BE EXPETING YOU FOR DINNER AND WHAT DAY IS IT GOINT TO BE?

I WANT U IN YOUR BEST EVENING GOWN grin

ITS GOING TO BE A NITE TO REMEMBER
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 8:25am On May 11, 2007
@zebedee, best gown will not work for this one, because am only there for the food.
Don't worry i promise to compliment your cooking skills and leave you some soup left after am done grin

Expect me Monday night grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2007
I GUESS WE ARE GOIN TRADITIIONAL SO AN EVENING GOWN WILL BE OUT OF PLAACE. grin

WILL SEND MY CHAUFFFER TOGET YOU IN MY LINCOLN. IBET YOUILL ENJOY THE NITE.
ITS GOIN TOBE ALL GLORIOUS. DONT GET ME WRONG ITS NOT GOING TOBE A PRAAYER SESSIION  grin grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Johnny(m): 6:06pm On May 11, 2007
Yeeee, you guys are now talking. I am just salivating. Okoho soup is sweet, especially with fresh chicken.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by omoge(f): 7:38pm On May 11, 2007
I thot with bush meat is more yummy, cheesy

Zebedee, you Tiv, Igala or Idoma? those tribe (Benue area) loves Okoho.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 5:35pm On May 12, 2007
Zebedee:

I GUESS WE ARE GOIN TRADITIIONAL SO AN EVENING GOWN WILL BE OUT OF PLAACE. grin

WILL SEND MY CHAUFFFER TOGET YOU IN MY LINCOLN. IBET YOUILL ENJOY THE NITE.
ITS GOIN TOBE ALL GLORIOUS. DONT GET ME WRONG ITS NOT GOING TOBE A PRAAYER SESSIION grin grin

Erhhh i dont wear traditional unless you mean in the buff i do natural grin

As to the last part erhhhh, if you knew me, you would know that nothing in there actually works for me
My main focus is the the food! So yeah am still looking forward to my soup grin grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2007
@ omoge
am idoma and we eat okoho soup. u can join us for the seven o clock treat. just let me know and i will be at your service.

@iice
just cant wait to get you eatt the soup.
grin grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 2:48am On May 18, 2007
@Zebedee, no wonder you can cook it! Did you get teased in school when you were young that only cutlass abi matchet even fit cut the soup? grin grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 2:57pm On May 18, 2007
iice:

@Zebedee, no wonder you can cook it! Did you get teased in school when you were young that only cutlass abi matchet even fit cut the soup? grin grin

ya and i still have the memories. grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 1:49pm On May 19, 2007
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 7:17am On May 20, 2007
Why the face? You need some ohoko soup now to wipe that face off grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Children Hate Onions? / Where To Find ADULT EDUCATION In Lagos...enter Here! / Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.