Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Soup From Benue State - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Soup From Benue State (17908 Views)

Order For Your Favourite Soup From *moresoup* / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Order For Pots Of Soup From Anjie's Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Soup From Benue State by vivienne(f): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2007
Funny how y'all are talking about this soup. the first time i tasted it was at age 11(in my aunt's house), I loved it then, cos it was fun to me - to play with it i guess. then the next time i ate it was about 3 years back in a resturant, It was pure EVIL!!! it was plain yucky!!! The thot of it alone makes me wanna puke! maybe twas the way d folks in d resturant prepared it, but i dont wanna taste it ever again.  lipsrsealed
But, Zebedee if you can cook as good as u say, then i can have a re-think
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2007
@viveinne
having  a rethink would be the smartest decision you wil ever make. and i can indeed make you want more
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Ochidoma: 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2007
Fresh Okoho with poundo is the bomb!
Kai! I miss home! sad
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2007
Ochidoma:

Fresh Okoho with poundo is the bomb!
Kai! I miss home! sad

I soooo understand how you feel!
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Tioluwa(f): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2007
It goes down well with either semovita,Amala or any smooth texture solid.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by omoge(f): 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2007
what? Okoho with amala shocked i don't know o. but from what i saw my friends and neighbours who eat Okoho use their tuwo.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2007
Tuwo shocked shocked Abegi ooo! It's Poundo and Okoho grin grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by omoge(f): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2007
i had many Tiv and Idomas as neighbors and friends while growing up. I see them use tuwo (theirs is not like the hausas plain corn) but they add cassava elubo to it to make drawlike a bit). so they do use it for their okoho. Pyam is used as well.

Npadeve

Agba.

cool
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 4:27am On Jul 30, 2007
Hmmmm i don't know this tuwo o. . .and i know many idomas/Tiv. The combination i know is Poundo mixed with eba. . .but almost everytime it's poundo.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Ralvy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2007
Okoho's the Shit,
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Zebedee(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2007
iice i feel u and i would like to invite u for an okoho with pyam special. i wont take no for an answer.
Re: The Soup From Benue State by iice(f): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2007
When is it happening? grin tongue
I go teleport reach. . . grin grin
Re: The Soup From Benue State by Ochidoma: 3:31am On Feb 27, 2008
kai, every time I see this thread I just begin to salivate tongue
Re: The Soup From Benue State by jeraw: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2019
Ochidoma:
kai, every time I see this thread I just begin to salivate tongue
you still dey salivate?? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Children Hate Onions? / Where To Find ADULT EDUCATION In Lagos...enter Here! / Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.