Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

How To Increase The Lifespan Of Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Increase The Lifespan Of Your Android Device (412 Views)

China Unveils Nuclear Battery With 50years Lifespan, No Charging Required / Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? / How To Fix “no Permission To Delete File” On Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase The Lifespan Of Your Android Device by Tochukwupa12(m): 3:39am On Sep 04, 2018
How to Make You Smartphone/Android Phone Battery Last Longer
There is one thing am certain about and that's; we all want to have a phone with a long lasting battery, but having that phone is one thing and trying to maintain the battery cell is another thing, with the fluctuation in power supply and no electricity at time, it all fall back to low battery.

Well, I guess we have been persuaded to always take our charger along anywhere we tend to be going which could be embarrassing, but we all know it is uncalled for right? Now this is what I want us to do, I believe if you follow up with me and this few observation of mine, you will be able to make you battery last longer and also make it serve you better.

First, for us to flow well, I wish to make you understand how the Android battery work. And this can also apply to your gadgets to at home.

HOW ANDROID BATTERIES WORK
Some background: Most smartphones have either a lithium-ion battery or a lithium-polymer battery and I repeat most smartphones not all. Both are actually a lithium-ion though, and as such, they do not have a "memory", which means you can charge them from any percent level- which means that you do not have to fully discharge them before charging them up - and you don't have to charge them all the way up to 100 percent.

A problem with this battery is that they suffer from low voltage, so I will say it's actually better to charge them partially, let's say from 20 percent to 90 percent. I will suggest, if you have a battery in this category, you shouldn't charge it fully and you shouldn't drain them totally before charging.

Battery care is always open for debate, so for every accepted tip, there will be someone that says it makes a difference and another saying it makes no difference. Well I suggest you find the one which works for you. The goal at hand here is to increase the battery life of your Android or smartphone device which must be accomplished with me as your accomplice.

Well most devices released nowadays don't have removable batteries. This looks like it won't change anytime soon, but despite most of them being close to 3,000mAh they still need to be optimized, especially for game lovers. Take advantage of some of the tips below and really get the best out of your smartphone.

1. BLACK WALLPAPER CAN INCREASE BATTERY:
If your phone has an AMOLED screen(like most Samsung devices), making use a dark colored background will do you a great favor in optimizing your battery. AMOLED screens only illuminate colored pixels, and balck are unlit, so the more black pixels you have, or the more darker pixels, the less power needed to light them up.

2. DOZE MODE:
Doze mode has been around for quite sometime since the Android Marshmallow, but it has been improved with newer Android versions. Before, doze only worked when smartphone has been stationary for a while i.e to say not used for a while. But now, it always works when moved around(if placed in your bag or pocket, you are good to go) and the screen just need to be off to work. Doze mode essentially shuts down things you not using depending on how long they have been running thereby saving battery.

3. TURN OFF GOOGLE ASSISTANT:

Stop your phone from always listening. Google assistant is a fantastic and often a very functional feature for easy accessing to file and web. The problem is that it can wreck havoc to your battery which shouldn't be. So rather than causing more harm than good, I advice you turn it off.

4. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR APPS UPDATED:
Well there is a reason why developers constantly update apps, and most of the time it's for memory or battery optimization. Keeping your apps updated also means you have the best optimization available be it for memory or battery. Likewise, delete unused apps because some run at the background from startup and that can chew your RAM and battery life.

5. USE GREENIFY
Greenify has been around for a very long time now, and it actually works when it comes to optimization of android apps. Unlike many other android apps which claim to optimize performance, greenify works well. Greenify allows you to put apps in hibernation or to sleep when not in use, thus preventing them from operating in the background.

This frees up system resources and boosts battery performance, but requires a bit of thought.

https://techadvisor13..com/2018/09/how-to-make-you-smartphoneandroid-phone.html

1 Like

Re: How To Increase The Lifespan Of Your Android Device by AlexGuan: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2018
Here is some tips that could save battery life.
1. Lower Screen Brightness
2. Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.
3. Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It
4. Limit Background Refresh for Applications
5. Restrict Unimportant Notifications
6. Don't Update Apps Automatically
7. Do not Activate Location Service
8. Use Low Power Mode

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6 Vs 6s Help / How To Get 40k Facebook Post Likes / Latest Whatsapp Update Adds Option To Lock App With Face ID Or Touch ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.