Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools (3181 Views)

UNIUYO: Federal Government To Inaugurate 1000-bed Hostel (Photos) / Father Followed His Son To Check His Result On Notice Board (Video) / Cobra Killed In A Student's Kitchen In Kogi While Trying To Eat Chicken (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Nwaforj44: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2018
The Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) has commenced the process of inaugurating Standards Clubs in primary and secondary schools in Kogi State.

The state Coordinator of SON, Mr Olelekan Omoniyi, said this during an advocacy visit to Kogi State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, on Monday in Lokoja.

According to Omoniyi, the visit is to secure the support and approvals of Kogi Government through the commissioner to establish Standard Clubs in secondary and primary schools in the state.

“At the club, we will train the students on how to identify substandard products and the right step to take when they purchase or identify such fake products.

“We want to enlighten the public on the issue of standardisation and to fight the menace of substandard products by collaborating with the relevant stakeholders.

“The youths are being carried along in the crusade to improve lives through standards and quality assurance by encouraging the setting up of Standards Clubs in primary and secondary schools nationwide,” he said.

Omoniyi added that the organisation would liaise with other private organisations to ensure the success and sustainability of the programme.

He said that the clubs were already in operation in Ekiti, Abuja, Lagos and Kwara, among others.

In her remarks, the state Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Mrs Rosemary Osikoya, commended the partnership with the ministry and the initiative by the organisation.

“I am excited that increasingly, the role of the ministry of education is being recognised and tapped into by relevant stakeholders where all these interventions are needed.

“I am particularly happy that within the next few days, we will be working on the framework on how the clubs should operate, roles, sustainability and support to give,” Osikoya said.

She said that social vices would be reduced if they were able to get the youths engaged in such activities in various schools.

She added that the programme would also trigger their mind to their future endeavours.

“On behalf of His Excellency, Gov. Yahaya Bello, I am assuring you of our total support.

“All the noble goals in education under the New Direction Blueprint need the participation of government parastatals, corporate organisations, and other relevant stakeholders to succeed,” she said.

Mr Moses Abara, Special Adviser to Kogi Governor on Education, Science and Technology, urged SON to ensure the maintenance of standard in the club and never compromise, to ensure sustainability.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/son-to-inaugurate-standard-clubs-in.html

Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2018
am happy and bless to be the first to comment

meanwhile, i will use this opportunity to tell God what i need.
am
an agronomist
married with a kid
no job
looking for one in Lagos and its environ.
am a squatter.
am desperately in need of good job
pls help a father n brother.

2 Likes

Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Tonyspecial(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2018
Good morning
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Medsimon01(m): 7:09am On Sep 04, 2018
Okay.
Next
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Trapnews: 7:10am On Sep 04, 2018
First poster, though undecided
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Plankuwai4: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2018
sad
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by nony43(m): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2018
B
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2018
What has been the achievement of the once you've been creating....no be fake drugs and products full everywhere?.....abegi make una park well and stop receiving us joor

1 Like

Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Basseybruce: 7:22am On Sep 04, 2018
Nice move....

Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by diebuhari1: 7:25am On Sep 04, 2018
Does Kogi have schools?
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Thebwoy: 7:29am On Sep 04, 2018
After 2months these club of a thing idea will fade away.
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Trustme2(m): 7:31am On Sep 04, 2018
Kogi no get schools o. Stop deceiving people every sector in Kogi state is dead; education inclusive. Yahaya Bello is a curse to the state. Let's join hands together to remove this political mistake that has brought untold hardship to the good people of Kogi State

1 Like

Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by qanda: 7:32am On Sep 04, 2018
Good
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Cumtroller: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2018
This is hilarious!!!

Kogi is full of substandard schools. Very backward state
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by mabaz(m): 7:35am On Sep 04, 2018
diebuhari1:
Does Kogi have schools?

Yes
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by DemisigOfficial(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Jhayeahsam01:
am happy and bless to be the first to comment

meanwhile, i will use this opportunity to tell God what i need.
am
an agronomist
married with a kid
no job
looking for one in Lagos and its environ.
am a squatter.
am desperately in need of good job
pls help a father n brother.

Send me a mail via demisig@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Jhayeahsam01(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
DemisigOfficial:

cvs sent sir or ma
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Hassy2: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nice
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Hassy2: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
diebuhari1:
Does Kogi have schools?

Yes
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Jhayeahsam01(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
DemisigOfficial:

was blocked and rejected sir i don't know reasons for that
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by DemisigOfficial(m): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2018
Jhayeahsam01:

was blocked and rejected sir i don't know reasons for that

I haven't gotten a mail from your.

I need your contact.
Re: SON To Inaugurate Standard Clubs In Kogi Schools by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
DemisigOfficial:

I haven't gotten a mail from your.

I need your contact.

i sent it it was not delivered

pls sir talk to me via

jayebabasammy@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Student Draws Drake With A Pen / When You Pay ICT Charges Along With Your School Fees, What Are The Benefits? / Gain Admission To UNILORIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.