Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day (40367 Views)

Bride And Groom Rock Isi Agu Attire For Church Wedding / Bride And Groom Look So Sad On Their Wedding Day (Photos) / Wedding Cancelled As Fire Kills Groom's Mother, Injures Others In Abia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by goldcoinhub: 7:44am On Sep 04, 2018
A twitter user identified as @seehausaboy on the platform has narrated on how a heart-breaking scene unfolded at a wedding a colleague of his attended in Lagos. The bride and groom's mother fought each other on the wedding day.

According to the narrator, the fight erupted over food.

Read his post below:

I asked a colleague how her weekend went and she said she went for a wedding in Lagos and something dramatic happened Guys! I can't laugh alone Issa Thread

My colleague is a friend to the groom and as such, had to represent. They worked back in day as bankers in one of the top generation Banks. There was lotsa food and drinks, DJ was on point, everything was going on smoothly.

But then again, both the groom and the bride cooked separately to ensure the meal gets to all the people they invited (which i think is the norm these days with Yoruba weddings) but unfortunately, the food on the groom side had finished in no time

Then walked in a very important guest from the groom's family, a very close relation of the mother in law of the bride. He apparently showed up late and she needed to have them served. they were just too important not to be entertained

The mother in law approached the bride to speak to her caterer to have them serve her guests who had just arrived. to her surprise, she declined and said the food remaining was for some guests at home.

The mother in law ignored her and went to dish out some food from the cooler and ordered it to be taken to the guest who were already seated and waiting. The caterer couldn't stop her because after all, she was the mother of the groom!

Next thing, the bride came down from the car and ordered that the food be returned. the guys carrying the food were confused. the bride actually went by herself, collected the tray and poured the food back into the cooler

The Mother in law felt to embarrassed and disrespected that she slapped the bride. The bride returned the slap! the heavens let loose.

There was chaos everywhere. The groom and the groomsmen were so disappointed. he said he wasn't interested in the solemnization of the union anymore. He left along with his family members. The bride too left as well

In the end, my colleague kukuma packed her 'Kaya' and left. leaving a huge number guest murmuring and stuff at what had transpired.

https://lailasnews.com/bride-and-grooms-mother-fight-dirty-on-wedding-day-twitter-user-claims/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by zinnydan(f): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Just because of rice....they'll still fight because of grand children

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by GOFRONT(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2018
Chaii.....There is truely hunger in da land

9 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by kushercain: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2018
Slap my mother on our wedding day. Our honeymoon na for divorce court be that

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by ITbomb(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2018
All these overage brides, maybe she was the one that sponsored everything out of frustration

65 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by DWJOBScom(m): 8:05am On Sep 04, 2018
The war has been there before the wedding and I find it weird having to serve food separately as we could just get 2 caterers and let them worry about not feeding my guest while I do a lot with the balance

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Tolexander: 8:19am On Sep 04, 2018
The beef between the mother in law and bride would have started before the wedding.

The wife felt now that she has been married to the man, she has the power to do anything to the mother in law (a ti ti oje bo oloosa lowo, o ku baba eni ti o bo).

If Na me be the groom, I will immediately call on the Pastor that joined us together to unjoin us, divorce straight away.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by IamLEGEND1: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2018
Groom: *Proposes *Pays bride price *Pays for wedding.
This is going to be the happiest day of my life

Disaster:

66 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Kenzico(m): 8:24am On Sep 04, 2018
grin grin
they would have transformed it into a food fight

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by osazeeblue01: 8:28am On Sep 04, 2018
Is part of the wedding
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by sotall(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018
Just see the work of village people on top this girl matter!!!

As a bride, your wedding day is your special day. The wedding is more important to you as the bride than the groom because it's a thing of honour.

Why collect the food and turn it back into the cooler when you can just be patient and tolerant and let the groom's mother show her bad character??

Why not take the slap and let peace reign instead of slapping your mother-in-law

Even if you wanna make a statement to your mother-in-law that what she did is wrong, you should have let her take the food and then after the wedding demand an apology or you file for a divorce.

Stupid girl!!! She will soon turn evening newspaper and start blaming guys for her misfortune

How her village people are watching her right now

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018
Lolz. I don't usually believe tweeter lies but I will believe this because I have seen something like this in Lagos. It was a celebrity wedding and at the reception, it was free for all for the families of both groom and the bride. Many things were damaged and some were injured. I have never felt embarrassed like that ,that day despite the fact that I don't know them at all. I was only a guest.

36 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by redsquare(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018
Pls what is the title of this movie? Is it 'Wedding Rice' or 'Slap me I slap you back'? angry

10 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by NairaEffect(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by tstx(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018
sips tea

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by iGISTMORE: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018

Female Artist Strips Completely Unclad At Catholic Church (Photos) >>> https://gistmore.com/female-artist-strips-completely-unclad-sacred-catholic-site-photos
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by sureheaven(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
Funny but not that funny..... grin
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
TITLE OF THE MOVIE PLS.....

LIES JUST TO TREND......IF U BELIEVE THIS, U NEED TO GO FOR IQ TEST

4 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by ayusco85(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
Hahahahahaha. End time wedding.

It will be a miracle if they survive a year in that marriage.

Bad omen

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by ORACLE1975(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
What back to papa house one way
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Waakanda: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Sharpshooota: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
Happy married life

To the couple

3 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Muyiwaipere(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2018
Airte data advertisement grin

If u know you know
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by itiswellandwell: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2018
lies ...na twitter ppl go full hell no doubt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by raymytech2: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2018
Only in Lagos
Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by nepapole(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2018
Anywhr u find women and/or food, there is hardly peace.

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by budosky(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2018
Fake news

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom's Mother Fight Dirty Over Food On Wedding Day by IMASTEX: 11:14am On Sep 04, 2018
Season film just started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Man & Malaysian Woman Wed (Photos) / Couple Arrive Traditional Wedding In Wooden Platforms Carried By Muscular Guys / Nigerian Lady Weds Her Oyinbo Husband In Style(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.