Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 (4702 Views)

Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum / Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) / Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Launching Is On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by aminulive: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The Founder/Chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Jim Ovia, will on September 17, 2018, in Lagos, present his much-awaited new book, Africa Rise and Shine: How a Nigerian Entrepreneur from Humble Beginnings Grew a Business to $16 billion.

The book, published by Forbes Books and with forward by Richard Branson of VIRGIN, Aliko Dangote of Dangote Group, David Applefield of Financial Times, Dominic Barton of McKinsey & Company and Matt Lilley of Prudential Africa, tells the story of Ovia’s business and banking success, and how he was able to create one of Africa’s largest banks.

Spanning decades of both world and Nigerian history, Africa Rise and Shine delves deep into the events that led to Ovia’s triumph.

Drawing upon his educational experiences and relentless determination, Ovia was able to overcome every hurdle that stood in the way of his bank becoming the national icon that it is today.

Africa Rise and Shine outlines the tough, yet necessary business decisions that were essential to Zenith’s prolonged success and is filled with valuable takeaways for every businessperson.

The book, according to Amazon, is a useful lesson tool for those who want to learn from one of the best in banking, what it takes to truly be successful.

https://politicsngr.com/jim-ovia-launch-new-book-africa-rise-shine-september-17/

Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by mentor14(m): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
Good
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by winkmart: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
I need a book of changes
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by atausenima(f): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
nice one
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by kayceeD2(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
That's lovely
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by gift2xl: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Good one kudos. I will soon published my own book. Titled. POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND.

2 Likes

Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by lathrowinger: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Great
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Femirine(m): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hmm
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by chloride6: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
More like, T bills arise and shine grin grin grin grin

Kudos to Ovia anyway.....

Agbaje, AIG and himself have done well for themselves.
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by AlphaStyles(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
The pace and rate at which people comment fast on nairaland is making me wonder if they bought house on nairaland grin
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by WebSurfer(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
lemme not offend the public today

1 Like

Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by dingbang(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
he should settle boiz
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by dingbang(m): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
ko
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by ambrosedmax(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
cool I might actually be needing the book
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Kmartt(m): 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Book launching on my birth date. Alright
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Edipee(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
#Waiting to grab a copy from Amazon or Okada books.
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
A book on African entrepreneurship to be published by an American company
Are there no publishers in Nigeria for his book ?
The African elite still are as mentally imprisoned as the common people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Ugosample(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
A book on African entrepreneurship to be published by an American company
Are there no publishers in Nigeria for his book ?
The African elite still are as mentally imprisoned as the common people.

African publishers are not professional

They will most times do a shoddy job and cut corners

I have had one oga back in the day suffer from such mediocrity, so I know what I'm saying

African people are you short sighted and will rubbish future prospects because of momentary personal gains.

That's the sad truth

1 Like

Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Mysselff2: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
dingbang:
he should settle boiz

For what ?? For washing his car or for packing his sh!t.
Thunder fire all lazy boys
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Developrog(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
the big Jim
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by thedondada(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
WebSurfer:
lemme not offend the public today

I feel you. Am gonna keep mum too

1 Like

Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ugosample:

African publishers are not professional

They will most times do a shoddy job and cut corners

I have had one oga back in the day suffer from such mediocrity, so I know what I'm saying

African people are you short sighted and will rubbish future prospects because of momentary personal gains.

That's the sad truth

Mr man you do not know what you are talking about and I am ashamed (but not surprised that you hold such an opinion). Nigerian publishers have been publishing African works for decades. Wole Soyinka, Olusegun Obasanjo, El-Rufai, Chinua Achebe, Ben Nwabueze, Kayode Esso, Pat Utomi and many others have been published by Nigerian houses. Resist the brain washing.
Re: 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 by Ugosample(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Mr man you do not know what you are talking about and I am ashamed (but not surprised that you hold such an opinion). Nigerian publishers have been publishing African works for decades. Wole Soyinka, Olusegun Obasanjo, El-Rufai, Chinua Achebe, Ben Nwabueze, Kayode Esso, Pat Utomi and many others have been published by Nigerian houses. Resist the brain washing.

resist which brain washing?

I'm talking based on the experience of someone close to me, plus stories I have heard

The truth is that if you want quality, you are less likely to get it from a Nigerian publisher

I get it that you are "pan africamist " and all that, but it should not blind you from the truth

Pick a textbook from a Nigerian publisher and one from outside

The DIFFERENCE is clear

Our publishers need to step up

in fact every sector in Nigeria needs to step up

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Dispatch Rider And Bike For Your Business? / What Can 500 Naira Buy In Today's Nigerian Market? / Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.