Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (6046 Views)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hammer6F: 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
A man declares himself god wen he becomes ATHEIST.

He loses compassion and empathy and becomes dependent on Logic and reasoning.

Atheist are not guided by any principle and are possibly the most dangerous set of human being on earth.

I hate Atheist people. cc seun ngozi123 amarabae afam4eva
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by sykeng(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
ok
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hammer6F: 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
sykeng:
ok

Most Atheist are not very nice people.

They are control freaks and outright wicked.

Is it not wickedness to know that somebody built all you enjoy, but deny him the glory by claiming it is not his work?

Is like saying Seun did not labour to create nairaland becos there is no prove.

How will there be prove wen we were not there wen he started.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
hammer6F:

Atheist are not guided by any principle and are possibly the most dangerous set of human being on earth.

one of the most stupendous reason I have ever heard.

you become more compassionate and more principled when you are guided by reason and logic

18 Likes

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hammer6F: 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
Blakjewelry:

one of the most stupendous reason I have ever heard.

you become more compassionate and more principled when you are guided by reason and logic

Wrong, man dont have the ability to set aside self(selfish) interest and that will surely conflict and corrupt any sound reasoning or logic.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
hammer6F:

Wrong, man dont have the ability to set aside self(selfish) interest and that will surely conflict and corrupt any sound reasoning or logic.
throw me an example and I will counter
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hammer6F: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Blakjewelry:

throw me an example and I will counter

Is not a case of counter but a case of being sincere to yourself.

There is nothing clever about one deceiving himself.

First example is very straight forward, are u perfect?
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
When people become atheists they depend on lies and deceit not logic and reason. In fact thats one of their many lies grin. An atheist here on Nairaland even admitted to me once that atheist's use "some" of the lies I listed here.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
hammer6F:

Is not a case of counter but a case of being sincere to yourself.

There is nothing clever about one deceiving himself.

First example is very straight forward, are u perfect?
the straight forward answer is no but then again when talking about perfection what is the bases for comparison because for one to be perfect there must be a perfect model to use as a yardstick. since no such man exist, then question itself is flawed

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hopefulLandlord: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
hammer6F:

Most Atheist are not very nice people.
proof?

They are control freaks and outright wicked.
Wow! proof?

Is it not wickedness to know that somebody built all you enjoy, but deny him the glory by claiming it is not his work?
Who is this "somebody"? and how did you "know" this somebody built all you enjoy?

Is like saying Seun did not labour to create nairaland becos there is no prove.
too bad Se.un would defend his ownership in that case whereas your god is all powerful but you do everything for him. its almost as if you are god

How will there be prove wen we were not there wen he started.
argument from ignorance

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Seun(m): 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
hammer6F:
False. Obviously.

He loses compassion and empathy
False.

becomes dependent on Logic and reasoning.
This is a good thing, and it doesn’t stop you from having compassion and empathy.

Atheist are not guided by any principle

False. Atheists are guided by their personal moral values, empathy, peer pressure, the laws of the land, etc. just like most religious people.

and are possibly the most dangerous set of human being on earth.
Utterly false.

I hate Atheist people.
As an atheist, it's my privilege to inform you that it is immoral to hate people just because they don’t follow your religion. Desist from this!

32 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by budaatum: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
hammer6F:
I hate Atheist people.
Bloody atheist, by your definition at least.

I advise you to accept Jesus into your life and sin no more!
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by tintingz(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2018
hammer6F:

You hate athiests, congratulations you're moral.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 9:46am On Sep 05, 2018
Seun:

This is a good thing, and it doesn’t stop you from having compassion and empathy.

This should have gotten a false as well for the very same reasons you said the other statements were false, but since it paints atheists in a positive light you decided to let it slide. undecided

As an atheist, it's my privilege to inform you that it is immoral to hate people just because they don’t follow your religion. Desist from this!

How in the world is what he said "immoral" when atheism implies moral relativism? He may just be from a society where it is considered morally ok to hate atheists.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:

How in the world is what he said "immoral" when atheism implies moral relativism? He may just be from a society where it is considered morally ok to hate atheists.

Because it's not reasonable to hate someone on the basis of religion. A rational person would not take this position.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hammer6F: 10:44am On Sep 05, 2018
Seun:

False. Obviously.

False.

False. Atheists are guided by the law of the land, their personal moral values, empathy, peer pressure, etc.,just like most religious people.

Utterly false.

Y accept the logic and reasoning but deny the rest?

Are Atheist also good liars?

Guided by the law of the land does not make you principled.

i.e. The law of the land once legalised slavery and slave ownership.

Many principled christians fought against it.

Today, that law has been updated to criminalise slavery and slave ownership.

There are many more examples to demonstrate that as an Atheist you are not guided by any principle and very dangerous.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2018
LordReed:

Because it's not reasonable to hate someone on the basis of religion. A rational person would not take this position.

That doesn't answer my question. And it is reasonable to hate someone on the basis of their religous beliefs, eg ISIS. Plus atheism isn't even a religion.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by hammer6F: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:

That doesn't answer my question. And it is reasonable to hate someone on the basis of their religous beliefs, eg ISIS. Plus atheism isn't even a religion.

That is a very valid point.

Seun:

Take note!
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by LordReed(m): 11:24am On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:

Ok maybe I should have stated as well that is unreasonable to hate someone for a lack of religion. It is unreasonable to hate someone on the basis of religion or lack thereof because it would be tantamount to hating them on the basis of the kind of fairy tale they tell or don't tell. This is quite different from hating someone for the despicable actions they carry out whether for religion or otherwise (which you allude to in your ISIS example).

I agree atheism isn't a religion.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Seun(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:
This should have gotten a false as well for the very same reasons you said the other statements were false, but since it paints atheists in a positive light you decided to let it slide. undecided
It is true for the majority of atheists. After escaping from religion, people tend to rely more on logic and reasoning.

It is immoral to me. Whenever people say that something is immoral, that’s precisely what they mean.

As an individual, I can explain why I believe an act is immoral and get other people to agree with me so that collectively we can find a way to discourage other people from engaging in the act. The only difference between us is that you feel the need to use scriptures to support your moral views and I do not. As far as I’m concerned, if an act causes more harm than good, takes away or limits people’s freedom and happiness, is unfair, needlessly cruel, very stupid, etc, then it’s probably morally wrong. Something that is wrong in most scenarios, such as adultery, may be acceptable in some scenarios, e.g in an open marriage. Morality at its best involves the active use of our big brains as social mammals.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by tintingz(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:

So when there are athiests that show kindness to people, it's still moral to hate them(athiests) and also generalize it?

Hope you know you're attacking a fallacy?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by finofaya: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
hammer6F:

In other words, while you say that you don't believe there is a god you simultaneously declare that you are a god? Haba now.

All of us humans are dependent on logic and reasoning. You are dependent on logic and reasoning and at the same time you are compassionate and empathetic, hopefully. Emotions drive and logic guides. To say a flesh and blood human being is purely logical and rational to the exclusion of compassion and empathy is to talk nonsense.

Please shed more light on this danger. In what form does it manifest? How often does it occur? Who are the victims? Are atheists the only ones capable of producing this danger?

I hate Atheist people.

You need Jesus. smiley

hammer6F:
Is it not wickedness to know that somebody built all you enjoy, but deny him the glory by claiming it is not his work

Where did you meet an atheist who claims that God exists and the said God did not create us and the rest of existence?

Whether God created anything or not is a topic I can address after I've come to the conclusion that he exists.

You know this but you are too pained that's why you simply had to call us wicked and misrepresent what atheism is in order to appear to justify your claim that we are wicked.

Try to be more open minded about what atheism is. You will enjoy your theism more once you do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Seun:

It is true for the majority of atheists. After escaping from religion, people tend to rely more on logic and reasoning.

How to you know the majority of atheists rely on logic and reasoning? Have you drawn this conclusion just based on your personal experiences and observations?

It is immoral to me. Whenever people say that something is immoral, that’s precisely what they mean.

This is exactly what you should have said. It's immoral for you.

As an individual, I can explain why I believe an act is immoral and get other people to agree with me so that collectively we can find a way to discourage other people from engaging in the act.

In the same way people can explain why they think chocolate tastes better than vanilla, doesn't make chocolate objectively better tasting than vanilla. Thats basically how atheists view morality, just preferences.

The only difference between us is that you feel the need to use scriptures to support your moral views and I do not. As far as I’m concerned, if an act causes more harm than good, takes away or limits people’s freedom and happiness, is unfair, needlessly cruel, very stupid, etc, then it’s probably morally wrong.

Why is causing more harm than good, limiting people's freedom and happiness etc morally wrong? Many societies that practiced slavery for thousands of years didn't seem to think so.

something that is wrong in most scenarios, such as adultery, may be acceptable in some scenarios, e.g in an open marriage.

So adultery isn't wrong when both the husband or wife are open and happy to engage in it. So is prositution or pedophilia always wrong or are their situations where it is morally acceptable?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by budaatum: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
finofaya:

Where did you meet an atheist who claims that God exists and the said God did not create us and the rest of existence?

You know this but you are too pained that's why you simply had to call us wicked and misrepresent what atheism is in order to appear to justify your claim that we are wicked.

Try to be more open minded about what atheism is. You will enjoy your theism more once you do.
It's the ignorance that gets me. These theists depict atheists as despicable so they can justify their own theistic despicability.

They truly do need Jesus to save them!
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
tintingz:
So when there are athiests that show kindness to people, it's still moral to hate them(athiests) and also generalize it? Hope you know you're attacking a fallacy?

If he is from a society that approves of hating atheists, then yes according to moral relativism it is perfect moral for him to hate atheists.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Edenoscar2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
hammer6F:

Logic and reasoning is not the substitute for compassion and empathy

How many atheist terrorist group do you know

That one nah your business
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by finofaya: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
budaatum:

It's the ignorance that gets me. These theists depict atheists as despicable so they can justify their own theistic despicability.

They truly do need Jesus to save them!

The ignorance is high sha. And e dey sweet many of them like that.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:

If he is from a society that approves of hating atheists, then yes according to moral relativism it is perfect moral for him to hate atheists.

No, it just means his society is unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by tintingz(m): 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:

Even when he and his society are attacking fallacy?

You're basically telling me that you're totally controlled by the morality of the society?

So assuming his child became an atheist, it's still moral to hate the child right?

From my view, it's Immoral and I can show you how it's Immoral.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
LordReed:

No, it just means his society is unreasonable.

Moral relativism says nothing about reason. It's says morals are relative.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by rekinomtla(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
tintingz:
Even when he and his society are attacking fallacy?

Not sure what you mean here.

You're basically telling me that you're totally controlled by the morality of the society?

No, I don't believe in moral relativism. Atheists believe morality is relative.

So assuming his child became an atheist, it's still moral to hate the child right?

If his society approves of it then yes it morally fine according to moral relativism.

From my view, it's Immoral and I can show you how it's Immoral.

Go ahead, show me as atheist how you reach that conclusion.
Re: Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
rekinomtla:
In the same way people can explain why they think chocolate tastes better than vanilla, doesn't make chocolate objectively better tasting than vanilla. Thats basically how atheists view morality, just preferences.
There are some things in life that we just have to accept whether we like them or not. For example, that bad things often happen to good people. That death is inevitable. And that objective morality, as attractive as it may sound to those who want everything to be black and white so they don’t have to think, does not exist.

Religious morality is not objective. Christians and Muslims differ on whether is wrong to murder people for drawing cartoons, even though they worship the same God of Abraham. Jehovah’s Witnesses and Catholics disagree on whether blood transfusions and contraceptives are good or evil. Deeper Life and Christ Embassy disagree on whether it’s a sin for women to wear trousers. Joyce Meyer believes God called her to be a pastor but other Christians believe that God doesn’t want any woman to be a Pastor.

Religious people may believe that God’s morality is objective, but since they have no objective means of figuring out what God considers to be moral or immoral in every situation - because their religious texts can be interpreted in numerous conflicting ways - the morality of religious people is also very subjective.

Objective morality is a fantasy.

Why is causing more harm than good, limiting people's freedom and happiness etc morally wrong? Many societies that practiced slavery for thousands of years didn't seem to think so.
Limiting people’s freedom and happiness unnecessarily is wrong because most people wouldn’t want that to be done to them. If we didn’t know whether we would be born to slaves or slave owners, we would all prefer to live in societies without slavery. Causing more harm than good, if practiced widely, leads to a shittier society. I don't want to live in a shitty society. Do you?

So adultery isn't wrong when both the husband or wife are open and happy to engage in it. So is prositution or pedophilia always wrong or are their situations where it is morally acceptable?
Adultery in most cases is wrong because adulterers break the promise of fidelity that they made to their spouses. If both spouses agree to see other people, then no promise is broken when it happens.

Prostitution is wrong when the prostitutes or their customers are married or attached and their partners haven’t agreed to let them engage in the act. If prostitutes and their customers are single or in open relationships, and they use condoms to slow the spread of sexual diseases, what’s the problem?

Reasoning about morality is quite easy once you drop the authoritarian model of morality where things are classified as right or wrong because “God said so”. Freethinkers come to the same conclusions on moral issues far more often than you would expect. Without the divisive influence of religion (and politics), it’s actually much easier to come to agreement on moral issues. We are all human beings, after all. It’s amazing.

18 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Generational Curses: Causes, Effects And Ways Out / This is the reason why some Christians Still Fornicate And Even Masturbate / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.