Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? (4459 Views)

Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes / Should We Use Hip-hop Or Fuji To Sing Choruses In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2007
fuji music originated by muslims and should not come to church, what do u think ?
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by busygirl(f): 12:02am On Apr 03, 2007
you are on your own Believe me, you can worship God in any way you choose to fuji,rap, worship etc. As long as it is done in truth and in spirit------I DON'T THINK GOD HIMSELF HAS A PROBLEM WITH THIS. cheesy
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by ikamefa(f): 12:09am On Apr 03, 2007
busygirl:

you are on your own Believe me, you can worship God in any way you choose to fuji,rap, worship etc. As long as it is done in truth and in spirit------I DON'T THINK GOD HIMSELF HAS A PROBLEM WITH THIS. cheesy

word! grin
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 11:20am On Apr 03, 2007
i just want to know if xtians are not loosing their values, fuji music ?
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by buluti(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2007
mycc:

fuji music originated by muslims and should not come to church, what do u think ?

Can you actually substantiate that claim because i don't know of northern muslims playing fuji and i know a lot of Yoruba christains & muslims alike that cherish the music. You may want to rephrase your statement and provide a bit of justification.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2007
yoruba muslims , i mean.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by ultrafem(f): 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2007
if it glorifies God why not?
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Gminor(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2007
OH why not, u need to count the number of mushin boys that now come to church or listen to anything close to godly music cos of d introduction this 'controversial' style into gospel music. 5 thumbs-up for those gospel ministers bold enuf to explore fuji inspite of persecutions from our religious fathers, brothers n sistas! keep on reaching out to our brother n sistas in mushin n environs
n guess wht, even the crem de la creme r now embracing it! thanks to Midnight Crew,Tosin Martins etc.( Go to House On The Rock,HQ at the MUSON and find out for urself)
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Gminor(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2007
fuji is welcome. i wanna say that we will be getting it all twisted when we say fuji originated from the muslims. the bible makes it clear that all good n perfect gifts come from above, from the father of light in whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of change. Question is, is fuji good, n do we think its a perfect style of music? if ur answer to both questions is yes, then fuji is from God n we shld v no resentment in exploring it or using it for the praise of the most high! i personally wld not be shocked if i here fuji in heaven!

more so, u need to count the number of mushin boys that now come to church or listen to anything close to godly music because of d introduction this 'controversial' style into gospel music. 5 thumbs-up for those gospel ministers bold enough to explore fuji inspite of persecutions from our religious fathers, brothers n sistas! keep on reaching out to our brother n sistas in mushin n environs
n guess wht, even the crem de la creme r now embracing it! thanks to Midnight Crew,Tosin Martins etc.( Go to House On The Rock,HQ at the MUSON and find out for yourself)
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2007
can it glorify GOD ?
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Gminor(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2007
Can it glorify God? thats a rather cheap question. anythin, any form of art that is used with the sole purpose of glorifying God is authomatically sanctified for that purpose! its not inthe form of art or style of music, its in the lyrics, the message! God created everything, the devil's assignment is to pervert everything God created including the arts n especially music, since the was formerly in charge of it in heaven.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by busygirl(f): 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2007
I've written on this before, on your thread@ d religion segment and i'm going to write it again, You can choose to worship God in anyway you desire fuji, rap etc. It's the motive behind your worship that matters. As long as it's done in truth and in spirit. I'M SURE GOD HIMSELF DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by cashflowpc(m): 12:18am On Apr 05, 2007
No!No!No! CAPITAL NO, One thing we need to understand about this present world we are is tht the world has become so churchy and the church has become so worldly, the two has entered eachother. We need to be very careful here. Yes God is looking at your heart and motive, but that does not mean you should now mix up with things of this kingdom

If you are a genuine christian, you will understand that this present world does not please God and u will also understand the signs of the coming of Jesus Christ, That "Iniquity shall abound and the love of many shall wax cold".

We perfectly know that fuji music is a worldly music and cannever please God. It's not glorifying God and it's not bringing lost souls back to the kingdom of God.

You said mushin boys are enjoying it, Has that ever made them to think of where they will spend their ETERNITY?

Or Do you think ETERNITY is just a joke. Death is the beninning of ETERNITY.

I have a question for all of you. Answer this question sincerely, If Jesus should be in the world today, Do you think He will embrace Fuji Music in the Church?

As far as I am Concerned, Any Music that will not "make you think of Heaven and the glory thereof, that will not make u stop and think if your u re living ur life according to God's law, that will not make u stop and think of the coming of Jesus Christ and that will not affect your spiritual life positively" is not Godly.

Such musics are worldly to me.

HEAVEN AND HELL IS REAL, OPEN YOUR EYES, DON'T BE DECIEVED
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Free(f): 1:24am On Apr 05, 2007
wots Fuji music
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by OmoEko1(f): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2007
yes it should be allowed especially for those boring Churches.

And people like me can danceeeeeee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by omogenaija(f): 2:19am On Apr 05, 2007
u can have the fuji melody , rhythm , and flow , but u still gotta keep the lyrics holy , i dont see a problem with it .
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by breeolan(f): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2007
there is noin wrong wif fuji music in the church, its ok as long as its nt d bad lyrics been sang, its just lke u saying singing other non afrikan song is sinful, and imagine church without varieties of music, it would be so dry, and pls knock out dat feeling dat it is wrong cos its from d muslims (dnt knw hw true dat is tho') even muslims tend to sing our xtian songs, so enjoy d oruko jesu lo mo ri mi wu oo grin
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by rock2(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2007
Who cares if its Rock, Hip Hop or Fuji. As far as it praises who you're serving. If fuji is wrong, then a whole lot of things should be wrong too. like speaking yoruba in church. yeah.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2007
listen to the "fusion" album then u'll see creativity at its best. it dont matter what form of music, what matters is the message passed across.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Gheorghe(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2007
@ CASHFLOWPC

WHAT SHUD WE THEN SAY ABOUT RAP GOSPEL MUSIC DOES IT GLORIFY GOD??

I BELIEVE THE STATE OF THE MIND IS WHAT MATTERS TO GOD AND NOT THE MEDIUM (BRAND OF MUSIC) USED,AS LONG AS U INTEND AND WORSHIP HIM IN TRUTH (SINCERELY) IN FUJI, I SEE NO PROBLEM IN THAT
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by jiggo(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2007
well, i feel una talk
its just that the influx of fuji, rap, wateva has brought some compromise into the church,
every1 says u can do anytin [where d spirit is, there is liberty], anytin goes,
But My God is also a God of order & decency,
u see guys & ladies dancing anyhow [awilo, etc] giggling, [not different from partying], u stil tell me its praising God, Remember the Israelites, they were dancing, praising God [so they thought], not knowing that God was angry with dem [as a result of what Achan did] & he smite dem,
see, we just have to be very conscious, careful , be @ alert, Its a strategy, @times when i dance [shake bodi so well], i again reason to mysef, of wat benefit is did to God? Does he accpet it?
Folks, lets be sensitive, be in d spirit, God is a Spirit, and they that must worship him must do so in Spirit and in Truth, Hope una know say music is just not all about Worship,
We have moral singers, and we have christian singers, not just about d moni but concerned about souls,

I rest my case4now!!!
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2007
did i hear 'FUSION' album ? pls tell me about it. where can i get it and who did the album ?
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by jesuseun1(m): 7:43am On Apr 07, 2007
fuji music is just a rhymn which does not matter,what matters most is the lyrics which makes up the music.which must glorify God,but if otherwise then it does not worth it.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2007
preach it.
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Nella(f): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2007
What's fuji music?, example?? undecided undecided
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by MP007(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2007
Its simply.aall forms of music should be allowed in the church.the most important thing whihc u guys aint talking abt is the lyrics.If the lyrics is inspirational and Godly , why not? all form of music comes from above.forget what the devil turned it into,
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by omogenaija(f): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2007
for all of those who dont know fuji music go to www.duduradio.com
click on listen , then click fuji music , then click on any album , then listen and maybe enjoy
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by Icon(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2007
omogenaija:

for all of those who don't know fuji music go to www.duduradio.com
click on listen , then click fuji music , then click on any album , then listen and maybe enjoy
Nice Site!
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by One: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
If hip hop is allowed, why not fuji?
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2007
well
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by TV01(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2007
I have been following the various threads on music and may I say/ask the following;

Music is apprehended by the senses and appreciated physically (by the body(. Music is first and foremost a sensual experience. I think any discussion of music should not overlook this fact.

Am I saying that God cannot be worshipped by music? No, indeed, the Bible instructs us to make melody in our hearts to God.

Many feel that a distinction can be made between the beats and the lyrics (music & song), and whilst this is obviously true in a technical sense, from a spiritual perspective, I believe there can be blurring between the two, with the distinction being harder to make, if at all.

Many argue that as long as the lyrics are glorifying God then it’s ok. Is it? In many occult rituals, rhythmic beats are used to cross the physical/spiritual divide and summon spirits. Would one suggest that these same beats/rythms/melodies are God glorifying if attenuated with wholesome Christian lyrics. Can one drink the cup of God and of idols?

Further, as spiritual as we sometimes like to think we are with phrases like “that song/music really moved me in my spirit”, if one is honest, who can deny that the experience be it sensual or spiritual is very much alike as it must of a necessity involve the physical even if it then transcends to the spiritual. I hope I am making myself clear here? Would anyone deny that what is in essence a “bootylicious vibe” or a “get jiggy thang“ could be mistaken for a spiritual high?

For a long time, I couldn’t understand that why despite my conversion and renouncing R&B, Gangsta Rap and other secular music, whenever I heard such music (especially pre-conversion favourites), I’d feel a stirring. It finally dawned on me that it’s a carnal response, and that while I am still in the flesh, it will be an ever present danger, even if dormant. As soon as one gives leave to the flesh, it creeps. It’s that spirit vs. flesh battle, so one must beware of feeding the flesh. Could that be why we often find that Choirs are beset with all sorts of carnal issues? Just a question 0 Bro’/Sis’ head of worship ministry

Bringing something into the church does not automatically sanctify it. Remember the "accursed thing"?

If that which is from without the church (the world), attracts people who are not of church (the world) into church, I would be wary.

Personally I find worship in song rings more true when I’m alone and singing acapella.

Sing to the lord a new song!

God bless
Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? by mycc(f): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2007
hello, TV01 , i think you are not balanced in your opinion.most worship songs are done in the style that suits the writer of the song. music is meant to be spiritual and the devil knows that, the fact the he has perverted it does not make it his. my dear friend, if i praise JEHOVAH with fuji music, it is HE i praise, not you, do not reject my praise of GOD on HIS behalf.
TV01:

I have been following the various threads on music and may I say/ask the following;

Music is apprehended by the senses and appreciated physically (by the body(. Music is first and foremost a sensual experience. I think any discussion of music should not overlook this fact.

Am I saying that God cannot be worshipped by music? No, indeed, the Bible instructs us to make melody in our hearts to God.

Many feel that a distinction can be made between the beats and the lyrics (music & song), and whilst this is obviously true in a technical sense, from a spiritual perspective, I believe there can be blurring between the two, with the distinction being harder to make, if at all.

Many argue that as long as the lyrics are glorifying God then it’s ok. Is it? In many occult rituals, rhythmic beats are used to cross the physical/spiritual divide and summon spirits. Would one suggest that these same beats/rythms/melodies are God glorifying if attenuated with wholesome Christian lyrics. Can one drink the cup of God and of idols?

Further, as spiritual as we sometimes like to think we are with phrases like “that song/music really moved me in my spirit”, if one is honest, who can deny that the experience be it sensual or spiritual is very much alike as it must of a necessity involve the physical even if it then transcends to the spiritual. I hope I am making myself clear here? Would anyone deny that what is in essence a “bootylicious vibe” or a “get jiggy thang“ could be mistaken for a spiritual high?

For a long time, I couldn’t understand that why despite my conversion and renouncing R&B, Gangsta Rap and other secular music, whenever I heard such music (especially pre-conversion favourites), I’d feel a stirring. It finally dawned on me that it’s a carnal response, and that while I am still in the flesh, it will be an ever present danger, even if dormant. As soon as one gives leave to the flesh, it creeps. It’s that spirit vs. flesh battle, so one must beware of feeding the flesh. Could that be why we often find that Choirs are beset with all sorts of carnal issues? Just a question 0 Bro’/Sis’ head of worship ministry

Bringing something into the church does not automatically sanctify it. Remember the "accursed thing"?

If that which is from without the church (the world), attracts people who are not of church (the world) into church, I would be wary.

Personally I find worship in song rings more true when I’m alone and singing acapella.

Sing to the lord a new song!

God bless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism / Why Don't Catholics Pray "in" The Name Of Jesus? / Benny Hinn Caught With Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.