Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice (13573 Views)

Gtbank Is Taking More Than One Week To Send Me Telex Copy Of FX Transaction / GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by NoToPile: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
I wonder why they are bashing the OP as if she doesn't know what she's saying gtb should better stop the auto production of cards close to expiry date if they are discontinuing inter bank transfer of cards.

I can't get debited for the card they placed at the branch my account is domiciled in which is very far away and I can't transfer to my nearest branch while also charged again for instant one here The little thing that makes it easy for customers now they are cancelling.

I can't even go to ordinary apapa from agbara because of card
It won't work angry
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
safetyInspector:
Don't rejoice yet, they will surely debit your account for it even if it takes 6 months.

I'm cool with that.
Their ₦1000 will not kill me
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by ThaThinka: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
Babygiwa:
So last week, I noticed that the expiry date of my Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) ATM Card is 09/18 meaning it will expire September (this month) so I went over to their branch at Oke-Ileowo/Kuto in Abeokuta hoping to get a new one or place an order for a new one so as not to be blind-sighted.

I was on the queue when one of their staff asked me what I needed, I explained to her and she told me that I can’t place an order for a new one until the old one expired or at least until the middle of September and in any case, I will receive an alert from the bank telling me it has been renewed and then I can order for it so I left thinking it was all good.

Fast forward to earlier this week, I got an alert from GTBank telling me that my ATM has been automatically renewed and I should come over to their Oregun branch to pick it up. Note that I have never been to that branch as I opened the account on the road via a marketer and later took my personal documents to another branch to regularize my documentation for the account.

So I went there this morning to get the shock of my life. I was on the queue once again waiting for my turn when a young man apparently a staff since he was wearing a GTBank shirt and had an ID card with the name OLALEKAN. He asked what I wanted and I told him and he said, they have stopped transfer of ATM cards and I will have to cancel the one that was renewed and order for a new one there which will mean I will have to be charged twice.

I stayed on the queue hoping the lady in charge will have better news. It got to my turn only for her (TITILOPE) to tell me the same thing that it is not the bank’s fault but I will have to pay for a new one and then she flippantly added that “Or you can pick up the other one when next you go to Lagos”

Now people, help me out here oo why should I have to pay for an ATM card twice or why can’t I request that my new ATM card be delivered to the branch close to me like sane banks like First, Zenith, Diamond etc? Hmmmm. Maybe this is why some people call them GBT Bank saying this is why they are declaring profits upandan

Disappointed to hear this about my favorite bank - the first to let me open an account. If I didn't come across this, I'll confidently boast till tomorrow that they always transfer cards. They once helped transfer my card from a branch in Ibadan to Uyo.

It means I should be ready to go do pick-up in IB when next my card expires then.

Please strike Diamond off that list, missus. I had to close my account for something somewhat similar. They cancelled my card after charging me saying it's been ready for 30 days or so - bank policy. Yet, it was entirely their effort that I wasn't able to get the card.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by akinboluwarin(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
They already stopped transfers of card, sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by dingbang(m): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2018
You are lucky I didn't see this thread earlier.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Rcrown: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2018
Sorry for the misinformation, kindly ask customer care to give you a form to move your card from Lagos to Ogun state it takes only Eight work days for you to have it. Its so simple and no charges. So sorry for your experience.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by asksteve(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2018
NuclearWeapon:

Where in my post did I say the OP does not know what she's saying? Read my comment again abeg

Wen u state things as it was not as it currently is, it makes it look like the other person is mixing things up, this is wat I meant by making the OP look like she does not know wat she is saying. I never meant any insult, my apology.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by hammer6F: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mynd44:

That you going it easy doesn't mean others found it easy too though.
I have had my share of bank madness that friends did without stress.

Nigeria banks don't really care about customers as long as it doesn't affect their final year result

fp https://www.nairaland.com/4681296/atiku-best-candidate-defeat-buhari
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by hammer6F: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mynd44:

That you going it easy doesn't mean others found it easy too though.
I have had my share of bank madness that friends did without stress.

Nigeria banks don't really care about customers as long as it doesn't affect their final year result

Let me know or not if you will FP?
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by engrj(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2018
Most Nigeria company are corrupt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes / Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.