Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

A Fiction : The Groomsman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Fiction : The Groomsman (465 Views)

How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? / If You Are A Fiction Writer That Wants To Make Money, This Is For You / A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fiction : The Groomsman by Ekaete88(f): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
A Poem: An African Man
A man with a difference
Wields so much prowess
Possesses power with variance
Chiseled with agility and permanence
Works day and night even in recess
Handsome, Oh! the work of art
Shines even in darkness
You respect him,he chooses you to be his preference
Knows what he wants and gets it without deterrence
Brings laughter and brightness
Walks with confidence and patience
Protects his essence
Because he takes pride in conquest
An African Man ,Oh My African Man
By Ekaete

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Fiction : The Groomsman by Doctorova(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2018
Update... what a nice writeup.

1 Like

Re: A Fiction : The Groomsman by Ekaete88(f): 9:42am On Sep 08, 2018
A Poem: An African Man

Re: A Fiction : The Groomsman by Ekaete88(f): 9:44am On Sep 08, 2018
Ekaete88:
The Groomsman
Episode One
Ouchhh! Ohhhhhh!....you are killing me softly.The more the thrust,the louder the moan. This made him drive into her faster,harder and deeper.Stroking her walls and sweet spot with the thick head of his member and hard shaft. The orgasm was just one he didn't want to miss again but this will be the last time he will be with her .He is going to be married in the next six months and so, it would be goodbye to bachelorhood.After the sexual experience,they dressed up and he gave her money and told her he would call her again for them to hook up. He lied
Olatunji Ogunjobi and Gbolohan Fawole are friends since their university days .They were hostel mates,since their yearone till their final year.They were in the same faculty but different department.Olatunji was in the department of medical laboratory science and Gbolohan was in the department of radiography and radiological science of the faculty of allied medical sciences of the University of Lagos. They had graduated and did their Nysc the same time but posted to different states. They had finished their service but one found a job before the other . Even though they weren't living together anymore , they were still so close .

Episode Two
Gbolohan is getting married in the next six months and Olatunji is going to be his groomsman . Preparation has been going on for the occasion. One day tunji received a call from Sade,the girl that Gbolohan often hung out with and occasionally have sex together.
'Tunji,what is happening to Gbolohan,I have been calling him,he has refused to pick my calls and l even sent messages, he didn't reply .Hope he is doing fine .?'
'Emmmrr...I have not heard from him too for a while '...he lied
'I thought you guys were close'
'Yes,we are but lately I have been so busy, don't worry I will check up on him and get back to you'
'Alright, pls can you give me his address,so that I could check up on him'
'Dont worry I will get you posted '
'Thanks ,I will really appreciate it '..she ended the call'
'Guy,how far..wetin dey happen nah,Sade called me and said you have refused to pick her calls or even reply text messages'
'I dey jare ,abeg forget that girl,my matter with her don end .I don't know why she is disturbing me. I said I will call her when I need her .
'Hmm..man,you know that is not possible again,you are going to be a married man soon and folajinmi mustn't hear this ..except he trails off...
'I know,that's why I am avoiding her besides I didn't tell her I was engaged not to talk of getting married soon. I pray she doesn't get to see me again '
'Hmm..this is hard guy..I swear down,what should I tell her?
'Tell her that I travelled'
'Alright ,chap'
'Thanks dude'.

Episode Three
We were at a bar on a Friday evening chilling with bottles of Heineken when this gorgeous lady entered with her friend .I was the one that saw her first and I liked what I saw and I was thinking of talking to her , when I heard Gbolohan say;
'Mehn !,did you see that girl,the dark complexion babe,she is damn hot ..I will shot my shots,I will go and chat her up,I pray she answers me .'
I shook my head and said ..'you could try your luck.' Even though I wasn't happy with the arrangement, I allowed him .
Gbolohan excused himself and went to meet the ladies ,chatted with them and got Sade's number that was 11months ago .Even since then,they have been seeing each other once in awhile .
Sade called after four days to ask about Gbolohan and I lied to her that he has travelled. Sade and I were friends when she became gbolohan's friend. Preparations really started in earnest for the wedding ceremony and it was really stressful for Gbolohan and others involved in the preparation.
Folajimi posted her prewedding pictures and tagged Gbolohan and I on it. A lot of people commented and liked it but there was this particular emoji that connotes surprise I tried to look at the person who had used the surprise emoji and i saw that it was Sade .
She called me immediately when she saw the pictures;
'What the hell is going on with Gbolohan, so he is getting and that's why he has been avoiding my calls and messages. You were busying lying that he had travelled. What do you guys take me for?a fool. I will show you guys what it means to play with a lady like me .'
'Please,I am sorry ,it wasn't like that ..he didn't mean to do it that way.. He was just confused that was why and didn't know how to tell you' .I apologized on his behalf '.
'You are talking about apology.. Do you know how I felt when I didn't hear from him,thinking maybe something terrible had happened'.. she was angry from her tone.
'I know,how you feel ..I am so sorry '
'To hell with your sorry' and she ended the call .
Immediately, I called Gbolohan to explain things to him and he said he will try and meet Sade before she does anything dramatic on the wedding day . When we got there ,she was really fuming and complained that we took her for a fool . We apologized to her and it seems as if she accepted the apology. Then after all things said and done,we left .

Episode Four
On the day of the wedding ceremony ,we were all looking super dopes with the happy couples. Friends, family and well wishers were in attendant to witness the occasion .I was looking stunning on that day with my blue jacket and waist coat same with the groom . Folajimi was looking gorgeous with her infectious smile and bolanle was really doing her bridesmaid duties so well. When I looked at her, I remembered what would have happened if Sade had shown up to cause issue on this wonderful day,when the thought came again ,I shoved it . I got myself consumed in my groomsman duty,making sure that I was at his service. At some point ,I will notice that some of the girls on the bridal train will look at me,when they noticed that I knew they were looking at me, they will just remove their faces. I wasn't interested in any relationship and so I wasnt looking for one at the venue .After the priest had preached and prayed for the couple and they had exchanged their marriage vows,I heaved a sign of relieve that no one had come to interrupt the ceremony. When the vows were going on ,I watched Gbolohan and observed that he was a little tensed but I gave him a reassuring look .We then moved to the reception venue to get ready for the second phase of the ceremony.
When we got to the venue,we saw that guests were already seated and so we quickly took pictures before moving into the hall . We had the couple's entrance dance and I could see that the couple were really happy ,with folajimi dancing to compete with her husband . After the entrance, we sat down to enjoy the programme. After like 10minutes later,I saw this beautiful, sleeky damsel walked in and I remembered the first time I saw Sade .This damsel was wearing a dark shade ,off shoulder short green dress. It accentuated her edges and curves .I just stared and looked at where she will sit until she removed her shade and I got to know that it was Sade. I was surprised at first and quickly looked at Gbolohan who was really chatting with his bride .I wanted to go and meet her and ask what she was doing here ,when she quickly flashed me a smile.I flashed her a smile back without attracting people's attention. The ceremony went on smoothly,5minutes before the end of the ceremony, I excused myself . I asked one of the ushers to help me call Sade outside,she came and was really smiling.
'Whao,you look gorgeous, didn't know you were the one , happy to see you;how did you get the venue ?
'I always have my way.thanks for the compliment.' 'Happy to see you too .You look more handsome today. I am not here to cause issue,just wanted to see who he was marrying ;She is a pretty damsel too.'
'Thanks for understanding and also for the compliments. Can we talk more often '
'No problem about that' ..she smiled.
'I will get in touch with you .'
Sade and I continued being friends and I didn't bother to tell Gbolohan that she came to the wedding venue. It wasnt important anymore because bygones were bygones.

Story by
Ekaete

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gate Way To Successful Life. / Design Your Cartoon / Boys No Matter The Pressure Just Be Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.