Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days (18488 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ / 7 Banks Rake In N700bn Profit In 9 Months Amid Inflation, Rate Hike / Which Business Can I Invest With N350K To Make N10K Profits Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by YouthsPC0: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by beejazz1122: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bross. I had similar issue last two week..i tried to recharge..i was debiTed and i didn't get the issues..same Error you gat in your screenshot above..i had to wait for reversal..i didn't see any..i had to email the bank..before i could get a reversal it took them two weeks to fix this...now this morning i tried to make another recharge..same error occurred..i was debited and i didn't get the recharge and up till this moment.i haven't gotten a cash reversal..so i think their mobile app is bleeped..anD i noticed all this shit started after their recent system upgrade..

21 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by valarinz: 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
Which bank you wan port to, you'll still run away?

Also, did I hear you say gtb? Those ones never get glitches? You're a learner

I have accounts in about 5 banks and active on all, use all for online transactions and I must tell you, every once in a while, each bank experience their own fair share of issues.

You should be angry more at our CBN for letting them get away with shit, scot free

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Bawizzo(m): 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
U lucky it's first bank.....Eco bank ain't giving yhu an alert mssg, so yhu don't use it as evidence.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by BruncleZuma: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://i./Ee7e.gif[/img]

Dingbang ngwanu...over to you.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by VocalWalls: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
First Bank is a massive disappointment. Only those who do not transact frequently will remain with them. First bank almost ruined my life. A simple request I made was not attended to for over 4 months.

In a fast paced business world, first bank will debit my account for a transaction and not remit to the beneficiary. A business would become a maze of trying to determine who is being dishonest until they will silently refund the money without a notification.

Because of their inefficiencies, I suffered a setback of over 500k in July until o finally swept the account clean.

First Bank is a disaster. Only good for people who rely on over the counter operations.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
ok
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Royalfurnitures: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
This is Just one out of many cases of fraudulent activities by some Banks

Check out my signature for classy and durable furniture collections

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by lakesider(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Go to the right place to complain... Is nairaland first bank.. Iranu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by qanda: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
they need to improve.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by emeijeh(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Dingbang, over to you o grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
Eyah... Come to fidelity... We don't do disappointments
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by jonadaft: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
1st bank is truly fond of doing that.
It has happened to me too before
N500

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by emeijeh(m): 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://i./Ee7e.gif[/img]

Dingbang ngwanu...

Hahahahahahha
See this umunya man wink cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by englishmart(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
You were debited without getting the commensurate value of the debit. Call your bank for a reimbursement. Nairaland won't do that.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Bizzysmitty(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
Same thing happened to me some months back, Mine was just 300 Naira and from that day I stopped recharging through that way.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
valarinz:
Which bank you wan port to, you'll still run away?

Also, did I hear you say gtb? Those ones never get glitches? You're a learner

I have accounts in about 5 banks and active on all, use all for online transactions and I must tell you, every once in a while, each bank experience their own fair share of issues.

You should be angry more at our CBN for letting them get away with shit, scot free

Na so o my brother it rains every where,

I will advice him to stick with his FBN jeje.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Shittaakeem(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
GT bank did this to me yesterday I recharged 600 they deducted 800 without recharging my phone.
I complained to their customer care this morning but the story no be here ooo. Well Monday will tell.

6 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Dingbang
Dingbang
Ding ding

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by okenwa101(m): 6:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
IS GOING TO 4 MONTHS 35000 WAS DEBITED FROM MY QUICKTELLER PAYPOINT WALLET TO A KNOWN FIRST BANK ACCOUNT AND I HAVE SENT MAIL UPTO 47 MAILS TO ABOUT 34 MAIL ADDRESSES BOTH QUICKTELLER AND FBN BUT TILL DATE JUST PROMISES.

BANKS ARE FRAUD AND ALSO PROMOTE FRAUDULENT ACTS DUE TO NEGLIGENCE.

A CUSTOMER SHOULD BE SUMMONED IF A COMPLAIN IS LODGED AGAINST HIS/HER ACCOUNT PRIVATELY BY BANKS WITH THAT SCAMMERS WILL WILL BE REDUCED AS ONLY LEGITIMATE TRANSACTIONS WILL HAVE NO COMPLAIN.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by happykidArotiba(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lol, it u can survive First bank, Glo, and PHCN in Nigeria, or lest I forget ,Being a Man United fan presently? u can survive the great tribulation

11 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by BruncleZuma: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
emeijeh:

Hahahahahahha
See this umunya man wink cheesy grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Etogist: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
Same happened to me with first bank. It's in their DNA.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by yvelchstores(f): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
First bank went with my 5000 naira till date. I wrote to cbn, did all I could, till today, after several emails, visits, series of calls, na so the money go.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Buffalo2(m): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
And a nairalander is always appealing to us to download and use the app.

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by mayluv(f): 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!

Sorry about your airtime issue but I am certain it will be reversed if you persist, same with your ATM withdrawals. They were having some issues sometime last week. I also use first bank and I can vouch for them to a reasonable extent. In summary, I love first bank. Gt is also not bad too.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by vizboy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
My own is 1500 and I haven't still see the recharge or the money in my account

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by mazizitonene(m): 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
You sha get mind to try again....if na me after da first time I no do again till dem resolve am cool
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Paidrooll(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
Una just dey complain for here ..make una waka go samuel asabia house for marina (FBNHQ). if una use shout scatter dere dem go knw whats up

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by chuksey1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
Same thing happened to me yesterday.
I initiated a recharge of #2000 of my MTN sim on my firstbank Mobile App. The money was deducted from my account when the recharge was not successful. I have tried calling to speak to a Firstbank call center agent but anytime they pick up the call suddenly ends.

I had to send them a mail and if by tomorrow i dont get a response i will go and lodge a formal complaint physically in the banking hall. This is the second time its happening. The first was for a recharge of#200 but i let it slide.

This is daylight robbery and dey should be held accountable.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Unification: Forex Inflow Rises By 28% To $1.41bn / SEC Seeks Regulation Of Digital Assets, Says $2 Trillion Crypto Can’t Be Ignored / MTN, Airtel Lose N479bn To Currency Revaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.