Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days (18577 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ / 7 Banks Rake In N700bn Profit In 9 Months Amid Inflation, Rate Hike / Which Business Can I Invest With N350K To Make N10K Profits Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by modsfucker: 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
dykegabriel:

'arrogant customer service staffs'.... that is ur view

hope u are not an arrogant customer?���

Continue

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Xyzaid(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
the same thing happened to me yesterday night, up to this time, they haven't returned my money, but I no gree this time, by Monday morning na me dem go see at their nearest branch
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Shittaakeem(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
Turboking:
my own GT palava happened today o .even as at the moment of writing this I'm yet to get my both lines recharged meanwhile acct has been debited
I'm telling you Monday won't be good for Gtb if they don't fix the issue.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by jmike69(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Shittaakeem(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
Samabu07:

Had same recharging issues with GTB. I recharged MTN 200 twice, only got 200 instead of 400.
My Guy it not funny at all
I will unleash my inner hulk If they don't fix it on monday

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by GoshenNLA(m): 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
up to a month now, Diamond never refund my 1,500, Diamond diamond diamond, I no go gree lae lae
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by GCsomething: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
Viking007:
[s][/s]
Call which helpless helpline? Same help line that I just burnt my airtime waiting and couldn't wait any longer and ended the call? Helpline that keeps playing a useless song for more than 5 mins with no response? Or is it your Twitter handle that takes an average of 2 days to respond to messages? Do you people respond to mails apart from useless the automated response? What sort of useless barbaric customer service do you people run?

Thanks for the response.
The bank understands and empathises with you.

Could you please walk into any of its branch? Pls assured that you will get your money and be attended to.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
Mine Is 1k Mtn I Recharged Via Mobile Banking,thats Like Over 7 Months Ago.First Bank Really Need 2 Wake Up
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by encryptjay(m): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
First Bank na for pensioners na grin
First bank customers will see ATM of another bank free but they'll still want to withdraw from their ATM with so many customers. it's not about the debiting, like loyalty.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by WATCHOVER(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
They did same to me and my dad
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by 3Dee(m): 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
Shittaakeem:
GT bank did this to me yesterday I recharged 600 they deducted 800 without recharging my phone.
I complained to their customer care this morning but the story no be here ooo. Well Monday will tell.

I had similar experience with GTB, infact yesterday made it the third time. I've been keeping quiet all this while because it's just a thousand naira, but I'm going to take it personal with them this time around.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by deri4luv1(m): 12:01am On Sep 08, 2018
FIRST BANK IS A VERY USELESS BANK WITH STUPID CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE WORLD IS EVOLVING, BOTS ON TELEGRAM, WHATSAPP, FIRST BANK CANNOT PROVIDE A CUSTOMER SERVICE CHAT OPTION ON THEIR APP LIKE ACCESS, YOU WILL CALL THEM FOR HOURS, SEND THEM NUMEROUS MAILS BEFORE YOU WILL BE ATTENDED TO, USELESS FOOLS
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by mansoura(f): 12:22am On Sep 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Juliearth(f): 12:35am On Sep 08, 2018
YouthsPC0:
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!

You should consider having a secondary account with UBA. Their mobile App is top notch and USSD operation is second to none.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by jahlove4jah: 3:11am On Sep 08, 2018
Write them mails and copy relevant agencies. Sometimes it keeps them on the toes.
valarinz:
Which bank you wan port to, you'll still run away?

Also, did I hear you say gtb? Those ones never get glitches? You're a learner

I have accounts in about 5 banks and active on all, use all for online transactions and I must tell you, every once in a while, each bank experience their own fair share of issues.

You should be angry more at our CBN for letting them get away with shit, scot free
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by originalomobaba: 4:05am On Sep 08, 2018
FirstBank reminds the best bank when it comes to e-banking in Nigeria. Their mobile app is the best in the industry based on my observation. FirstBank is just a partner on airtime recharge, the Telecoms also have a role to play. Visit the nearest branch. It will be resolved within 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by CheapDataGuy: 4:47am On Sep 08, 2018
Why am I seeing this now??
I made an online payment since 20th of August, the platform I sent the money to didn't receive it, yet FBN Debited when I logged in a complain, I was told to wait till 20th of September. Isn't that madness??
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by olabright11(m): 4:54am On Sep 08, 2018
it happened to me too, up till now no reversal and I have deleted thier Mobile App.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by CheapDataGuy: 4:55am On Sep 08, 2018
holuphisayor:
UBA debited me #500 for airtime recharge which was unsuccessful on Wednesday...waited till today still no airtime. Then posted on twitter ...got my account refunded shortly. SMH

First bank na roughs.
Twitter no see scare them at all. If you like post am there dem no send u
My 17k still hanging with those thieves
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by uch4apex(m): 7:08am On Sep 08, 2018
chuksey1:
Same thing happened to me yesterday.
I initiated a recharge of #2000 of my MTN sim on my firstbank Mobile App. The money was deducted from my account when the recharge was not successful. I have tried calling to speak to a Firstbank call center agent but anytime they pick up the call suddenly ends.

I had to send them a mail and if by tomorrow i dont get a response i will go and lodge a formal complaint physically in the banking hall. This is the second time its happening. The first was for a recharge of#200 but i let it slide.

This is daylight robbery and dey should be held accountable.

Fire them on Twitter and you will get fast response
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by AdorableJosh(m): 7:17am On Sep 08, 2018
3Dee:

I had similar experience with GTB, infact yesterday made it the third time. I've been keeping quiet all this while because it's just a thousand naira, but I'm going to take it personal with them this time around.

A thousand naira is just? Father Lord enhance my coast and bless my hustle abeg.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by uchrikk(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2018
Gtbank has swallowed my intended airtime money more than Firstbank. I bank with both banks and both of them have the same fault. They are in Naija. I have this feeling that the OP is a Gtbank staff.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by paulynpen(m): 9:02am On Sep 08, 2018
valarinz:
Which bank you wan port to, you'll still run away?

Also, did I hear you say gtb? Those ones never get glitches? You're a learner

I have accounts in about 5 banks and active on all, use all for online transactions and I must tell you, every once in a while, each bank experience their own fair share of issues.

You should be angry more at our CBN for letting them get away with shit, scot free

No. GTB is superb! I have been using that bank since 2012, Infact I can count how many times I have entered the bank for transaction, all my transaction with them are all online. They are superb. I had acct. With UBA, I closed it. I have with union,skye,stanbic but GTB stand out

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by valarinz: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2018
paulynpen:

No. GTB is superb! I have been using that bank since 2012, Infact I can count how many times I have entered the bank for transaction, all my transaction with them are all online. They are superb. I had acct. With UBA, I closed it. I have with union,skye,stanbic but GTB stand out

How come I've had serious issues with a couple of my clients who paid me using gtb and even after three hours I didn't get alert.

Not one or two or three cases, uncountable, one giu even brought military men to forcefully take car wey I never see alert. In some cases it comes after they must have left and in other cases, it never comes but reverses after some days.

NB : I've been using first bank since 2008 too and they've never disappointed me, I only enter their branch for ATM renewal of for transactions above the mobile limit. Does that now mean first bank is flawless?
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Samabu07(m): 10:19am On Sep 08, 2018
Shittaakeem:

My Guy it not funny at all
I will unleash my inner hulk If they don't fix it on monday
I will email them today or by Monday. I hope our queries are attended and rectified.
Thanks for the mention.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by anjilgreat(f): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2018
Bawizzo:
U lucky it's first bank.....Eco bank ain't giving yhu an alert mssg, so yhu don't use it as evidence.

I don't blame the Nigerian banks doing this nonsense, I only blame the CBN and other bank regulatory bodies not doing their duties.

Without my knowledge and consent, Ecobank converted my former Oceanic bank savings account to Gold savings account. In this gold savings account, the minimum account balance is #5,000.00.

I never knew of this change because I had huge amount of money saved up. I only realized it when I went to almost empty my account for a project and was surprisingly told that I must leave an account balance of not less than #5,000.00. Since then, I just abandoned the account.

As I write this, the current balance in that account has changed from #5,000.00 to about #2,000.00 because of funny bank deductions.

I'll create time to go to the bank to close my account with them because I get angry whenever they send me an alert of their funny deductions and remaining account balance.

Only God knows the number of people with a similar bitter experience. Our regulatory bodies in Nigeria have to sit up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by JohnsonEmma(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please bear with us, your issue will definitely be resolved.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by JohnsonEmma(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please bear with us, your issue will definitely be resolved. Youfirst
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by linearity: 3:17am On Sep 10, 2018
englishmart:
You were debited without getting the commensurate value of the debit. Call your bank for a reimbursement. Nairaland won't do that.

If you comprehend what he stated...he didn’t come to Naira to complain or to be reimbursed, he has already called the bank to do that and they stated his money will be credits back in 7 days.

He is just here to relate his personal experience just like many people do on Nairaland and not looking for a resolution, since he have already gotten that taken care of.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by linearity: 3:33am On Sep 10, 2018
Something similar happened to me, did an online inter-bank transfer....the transaction failed, but they have collected their N52 stamp duty and N50 maintenance charge.

After a few hours, the N52 was reversed but not the N50 and it’s more than a week now.

Though, am not calling or complains to them, it will cost me more N50 to pursue the complaint, it’s a waste of my time....but imagine how many people ends up in my shoes each year and the money these bank are illegally raking in...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribapay Is Still The Most Reliable For Dollar Cards Because Of Customer Care / Dangote Refinery Will Fetch $6bn Forex Yearly - CBN / Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.