Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill (1287 Views)

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hello nairalanders, i just graduated this year and want to learn a skill during my NYSC so I won't end up being stranded financially if I don't get a job.

I need advice on what kind of skill i need to acquire that could fetch me enough money to kickoff as a man.

I am currently thinking of learning computer repairs or learning a programming language so I can become a freelancer but I'm not sure of either of them, I need to Learn something that could fetch me a reasonable amount of money that I could use to take care of myself.

I'm sure there are other nairalanders who probably need advice on this matter as well, so your comment will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I am a graduate of Mechanical engineering though.

To the moderators here,

CrazyMan and 1forall

This is a big decision I need to make, I'm pleading with you guys to please move this post to FP.
Thanks
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by ifex370(m): 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
If you're going to learn how to code.. Give it your all

1 Like

Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
ifex370:
If you're going to learn how to code.. Give it your all

Yes, but my fear is that, I don't know if something reasonable will come out of it.
What if I don't or rarely get clients.
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by ifex370(m): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Yes, but my fear is that, I don't know if something reasonable will come out of it.
What if I don't or rarely get clients.

Once you're good.. Forget about money coming come s it must come
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by holaoni(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
I love this and I will be glad to see helpful replies cos this time next year I will be a graduate as well and I really wanna stop being a Lia to my fams.......
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
holaoni:
I love this and I will be glad to see helpful replies cos this time next year I will be a graduate as well and I really wanna stop being a Lia to my fams.......

Yes, my thought exactly, I can't be broke in life, I can't sit down idle and be waiting for a white collar job.
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
Go with the phone and computer repairs. It doesn't cost much to start and you can add sell of accessories to it. You could also add coding if your brain can withstand the pressure.

1 Like

Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Go with the phone and computer repairs. It doesn't cost much to start and you can add sell of accessories to it. You could also add coding if your brain can withstand the pressure.
Tanks for the advice, I don't think I will have the time to combine coding with it though.
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Tanks for the advice, I don't think I will have the time to combine coding with it though.
Go for it. You would never regret the decision.
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by holaoni(m): 7:08am On Sep 09, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Yes, my thought exactly, I can't be broke in life, I can't sit down idle and be waiting for a white collar job.
White collar job? It's not even my plan
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by holaoni(m): 7:10am On Sep 09, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Go for it. You would never regret the decision.
Which is coding biko
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2018
holaoni:
Which is coding biko
Programming
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by holaoni(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Programming
OH do you think it's something easy to learn?
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
holaoni:

OH do you think it's something easy to learn?

It's difficult, but not impossible to learnable. Those who know it, are just like you and I.
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by holaoni(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thermodynamics:

It's difficult, but not impossible to learnable. Those who know it, are just like you and I.
Hmm will look to that.... But a laptop will be needed I guess
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 12:53am On Sep 14, 2018
holaoni:
Hmm will look to that.... But a laptop will be needed I guess
Surely
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by kayc0(f): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2018
j
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
kayc0:
j
J for Jesus
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by kayc0(f): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by holaoni(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
kayc0:
i won blast you b4 but i just change my mind
You be bomb?
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by Thermodynamics(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
kayc0:
i won blast you b4 but i just change my mind

You should know the difference between an insult and a joke, I'm surprised you took this the wrong way.

Anyway, insulting me over nothing would have shown how immature you are.

Different type of people de this life
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by kayc0(f): 1:16am On Sep 18, 2018
holaoni:

You be bomb?
angry
Re: Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill by kayc0(f): 1:26am On Sep 18, 2018
H

(1) (Reply)

10 Items To Import And Make Above 500k / Former Finance Minister Becomes Uber Driver In Washington DC / Last Night A New Set Of Millionaires Were Raised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.