Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,060 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? (29573 Views)

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Ohthinktwice(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
Considering how difficult it was to get admission into the University, one would think that once that happened, someone's problems would be over, however that often turns out to be the beginning of an entirely different problem which wouldn't be solved until one had successfully graduated from the University.

Then after the celebration of graduation was over, the reality soon sets in about how all that effort, time and resources, etc being invested into getting a University degree was basically to make one able to get a good job.

A few graduates are lucky enough to get a job immediately afterwards, but most have to wait. And the time of waiting differs from individual to individual. Some have to wait for months, some up to a year, others have wait to for up five years and even more.

So what category do you fall into? He long did you have to wait before you got a job after graduation?

Share your experiences here so others could learn a thing or two to help them prepare for life after graduation.

Cheers.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 12:16am On Dec 07, 2020
Immediately I finished my NYSC in 2010,I was given an appointment letter to start working in a bank with a salary of N2,200,000 CTC which translated to about N183,000 per month.

I did the documentation in the bank but at the nick of starting the job fully, the job was stopped by CBN.

That is how I lost the opportunity.

I started teaching in private schools from 2011 to 2018.

During that time, I came to nairaland and wrote that I needed a tall,slim,dark, beautiful girl for marriage.

I wrote my number in case a lady wanted to call because I have discovered that I love a lady more if she is the one who first approach me for relationship.

If I first approach a lady, I can easily leave her without thinking twice.

But if she is the one that first comes to me, I use to find it hard to leave her and even if she leaves me, I use to find it hard to forget her.

That is my discovery about myself.

So I wanted a situation where I will be able to love my woman so much and hold onto her forever.

That was why I wanted a lady to first call me and indicate her interest in me.

So I wrote my number in case a lady would have the presence of mind to call me for marriage so that I could marry her.

Two girls actually called but when I wanted to get serious with them,they backed out because what I was earning in private schools was peanut.

Although they didn't just leave me suddenly, but they were playing hide and seek and didn't want to immediately get married.

They said I was the kind of man a woman would love to marry but that my income was too small.

These two girls were in their early twenties so they were not under pressure to marry.

They were still taking their time.

I said no problem.

Then last year,God answered my prayers and gave me a lecturing job.

So I waited 9 years after NYSC to get a lecturing job.

During those 9 years,I got a Master and I am currently running a PhD.

Glory be to God.

506 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Kenneygirl(f): 1:10am On Dec 07, 2020
7victor:
Immediately I finished my NYSC in 2010,I was given an appointment letter to start working in a bank with a salary of N2,200,000 CTC which translated to about N183,000 per month.

I did the documentation in the bank but at the nick of starting the job fully, the job was stopped by CBN.

During that time, I came to nairaland and wrote that I needed a tall,slim,dark, beautiful girl for marriage.

I wrote my number in case a lady wanted to call because I have discovered that I love a lady more if she is the one who first approach me for relationship.

But if she is the one that first comes to me, I use to find it hard to leave her and even if she leaves me, I use to find it hard to forget her.

So I wanted a situation where I will be able to love my woman so much and hold onto her forever.

So I wrote my number in case a lady would have the presence of mind to call me for marriage so that I could marry her.

Two girls actually called but when I wanted to get serious with them,they backed out because what I was earning in private schools was peanut.

Although they didn't just leave me suddenly, but they were playing hide and seek and didn't want to immediately get married.

They said I was the kind of man a woman would love to marry but that my income was too small.

These two girls were in their early twenties so they were not under pressure to marry.

I said no problem.

Glory be to God.
wowww smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by planetx13: 5:58am On Dec 07, 2020
7victor:

I said no problem.

Glory be to God.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2020
Kenneygirl:
wowww smiley

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Kenneygirl(f): 11:16am On Dec 07, 2020
7victor:

Thank you.
Welcome sir

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by kalu61(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
7victor:

I said no problem.

Glory be to God.
Wow, congratulations.

I tap into your blessing.

I'm going the lecturing way too.

5 years down. I was supposed to defend my M.Sc in March before strike and lockdown. I hope to land my dream job next year if things play out fine.

Academic career is dam time consuming in this part of the world.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
kalu61:
Wow, congratulations.

I tap into your blessing.

I'm going the lecturing too.

5 years down. I was supposed to M.Sc in March before strike and lockdown. I hope to land my dream job next year if things plays out fine.

Academic career is dam time consuming in this part of the world.

Amen.It will work out according to your expectations.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by kalu61(m): 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2020
7victor:

Amen.It will work out according to your expectations.
Amiii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Kentdammy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
Still on the hustle, a 2 1 from OAU chemistry, a truckload of professional courses has done little or nothing to help the hustle...All I hear these days is I get prospect but no experience. Which way Naija? Abeg make una link me up oo my employer fit dey your contact list.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Mnopq: 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
Hmmmm. Still waiting patiently for my time, so any helper am available. A graduates in b.tech physics/elect 2,2, 2016, professional cert hse,qaqc. abumujaheed17@gmail.com

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Splitmind: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
2 weeks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by lacoach: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
6months

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by illicit(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
My PPA retained me but it's an underpaid job....

10 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by God777: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
I gruaduated ten years ago and am still searching

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Lamasta(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
It took me six month before I got a job the interview was done on whatsapp and after that a phone call followed by resumption...

14 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by free2ryhme: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ohthinktwice:
Considering how difficult it was to get admission into the University, one would think that once that happened, someone's problems would be over, however that often turns out to be the beginning of an entirely different problem which wouldn't be solved until one had successfully graduated from the University.

Then after the celebration of graduation was over, the reality soon sets in about how all that effort, time and resources, etc being invested into getting a University degree was basically to make one able to get a good job.

A few graduates are lucky enough to get a job immediately afterwards, but most have to wait. And the time of waiting differs from individual to individual. Some have to wait for months, some up to a year, others have wait to for up five years and even more.

So what category do you fall into? He long did you have to wait before you got a job after graduation?

Share your experiences here so others could learn a thing or two to help them prepare for life after graduation.

Cheers.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Kemight15: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
A month

I was retained at my ppa immediately after my POP

Still there till now and they pay well too.

This happened because my late mother has always been praying for me not to seek for job before I see any. And God answered her prayers.

So unfortunate she is no more here to reap the fruit of her labor. She died before I even serve. cry

I cry inside me everyday because of her. She deserves to live long. She helped me to be in this position because of her everyday prayers.

May your soul continue to rest in peace Mother cry

213 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
A year and half

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Dailyhappenings: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mehn...na God go help this country... Some things I wished I had known earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn5al0kNalI

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by SmartPolician: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
I got the position of a filling station manager the same month I passed out. It was an NNPC affiliate

I quit after one year because I was too decent to be involved in lots of "dirty things" that I was compelled to do.

Today, I am my own boss

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by ElRapido: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Lincoln275(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
Less than 24hrs

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by free2ryhme: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
7victor:

I said no problem.

Glory be to God.

Stop this nonsense. Must you post it on every page

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by millionboi2: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
Useless post from a useless op

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by BigDawsNet: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
I got offers

But I had to run more short courses

After my program

I returned to my offers...

They couldn't accept my resume

They said I was too overqualified.
wink

14 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by julybaba(m): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
I waited 2 months.
Since then, I've worked under different designations:
Secretary, Pharmacy Technicians, Teacher etc.

What I just discovered is that, the easiest way to succeed in life is to discover and develop your talent / area of strength.
Now, I don't have to rely solely on salary. My talent is feeding me

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by SoftP(m): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bank Workers Pull Out Of Planned Nationwide Strike / Helina Gbadegesin, A Female Graduate Who Is A Carpenter (Photos) / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.