Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

I Missed It Before - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Missed It Before (735 Views)

Missed Flight On Arik Air. What To Do ? / Have You Ever Missed A Flight? / Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Missed It Before by Gentlebabs(m): 3:43am On Jul 02, 2010
Folks! Please i really need your advice. Sometime in 2006, i was desperate to travel and i was advised to inflate my age to meet the initial U.K. travel ban on people below 30yrs. My application was denied on the basis that my international passport had been tampered with. I got a letter from the embassy telling me my passport has been sent to Investigations unit at Ikoyi.

Now, i am really to travel, but i do not know what my chances are after my experience some 4 years back. Additionally, i will be going to a closeby Passport office to get a new passport, but i really need to know what i stand against? Please, keep your feedbacks/contributions rolling, this brother really needs your advise.
Re: I Missed It Before by OmoAlata(f): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2010
I read on here somewhere that you automatically get a 10 year ban
Re: I Missed It Before by funkybaby(f): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
Omo Alata:

I read on here somewhere that you automatically get a 10 year ban

wrong. not in this case.
Re: I Missed It Before by OmoAlata(f): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
funkybaby:

wrong. not in this case.

That's OK then. Sorry to cause panic OP grin
Re: I Missed It Before by funkybaby(f): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
Gentlebabs:

Folks! Please i really need your advice. Sometime in 2006, i was desperate to travel and i was advised to inflate my age to meet the initial U.K. travel ban on people below 30yrs. My application was denied on the basis that my international passport had been tampered with. I got a letter from the embassy telling me my passport has been sent to Investigations unit at Ikoyi.

Now, i am really to travel, but i do not know what my chances are after my experience some 4 years back. Additionally, i will be going to a closeby Passport office to get a new passport, but i really need to know what i stand against? Please, keep your feedbacks/contributions rolling, this brother really needs your advise.

2006. biometrics was yet to be introduced then, so you are lucky.

did you use your full names on your passport? For example, 'femi' rather than oluwafemi?

well, you have two choices:

1. apply for a new passport using your CORRECT age, full names and original supporting documents. you do not have to refer to the previous refusal.

2. apply for a new passport, stating your correct age, etc and when filling the visa forms, admit that you had been previously refused a visa based on a fraudulent application and then proceed to apologise for this; that you were misled by a visa agent. there is no guarantee this will work (since they sent your old passport to ikoyi for investigation)

if i was in your shoes, i will go with 1. but this depends on soooooo many factors such as your host details you sumbitted with the initial application must be totally different from the one you intend to use, etc.
however, if you get caught, its a 10years ban !
Re: I Missed It Before by funkybaby(f): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2010
Omo Alata:

That's OK then. Sorry to cause panic OP grin

he has every reason to panic grin grin
his passport has been at the special fraud unit at ikoyi undergoing 'investigation' since 2006 grin
Re: I Missed It Before by jt2010: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2010
@ funkybaby,

Please help enlighthing more on this topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-472755.0.html
Re: I Missed It Before by Gentlebabs(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2010
Thank U Omo Alata, what happens if i really admit and i am called for interview. Or better still, what are my best chances. Yes, when i first applied, i used my real names, only the age changed.
Re: I Missed It Before by Gentlebabs(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2010
Funky baby? What happens if i really admit and i am called for interview. Or better still, what are my best chances. Yes, when i first applied, i used my real names, only the age changed
Re: I Missed It Before by funkybaby(f): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2010
Gentlebabs:

Funky baby? What happens if i really admit and i am called for interview. Or better still, what are my best chances. Yes, when i first applied, i used my real names, only the age changed

interview you for what? where dem get that time? you wont be the first or last person to have previously applied with a tampered passport or with a falsified age

its either you are refused or you are given the visa.

you can get the visa based on the strength of your supporting documents.

i think its best you go with option 2.
Re: I Missed It Before by funkybaby(f): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2010
jt2010:

@ funkybaby,

Please help enlighthing more on this topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-472755.0.html

okay. i will post there later tonight.
Re: I Missed It Before by kadman(m): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2010
Funkybaby is very right. Go with option 2. I had the a case similar with yours ( I don't want to go into details). In the application box just say you were refused for "inconsistent passport" or find another phrase, you don't want to be throwing the word fraud around. I'm also not sure about you writing an apology letter drawing attention to the age lies. . Most times these people weigh new application on it's on merit. But as what funkybaby thinks ?
Re: I Missed It Before by funkybaby(f): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
kadman:

Funkybaby is very right. Go with option 2. I had the a case similar with yours ( I don't want to go into details). In the application box just say you were refused for "inconsistent passport" or find another phrase, you don't want to be throwing the word fraud around. I'm also not sure about you writing an apology letter drawing attention to the age lies. . Most times these people weigh new application on it's on merit. But as what funkybaby thinks ?

you are right.
he can omit the apology letter bit if he decides to. its not an apology letter per se. all he has to do is state in the section of 'personal statement' that he was refused based on inconsistent passport and that it was a travel agent that handled the application for him. he should state that he was misled by the travel/tour agent cos he was naive then.

i know someone that faced similar prob as the poster. he applied with his real age, etc and he was refused (based on the excuse of source of funds), no reference was made to his initial fraudulent application. he reapplied again providing more documents to support the source of his finances and he was eventually given the visa.
Re: I Missed It Before by Gentlebabs(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2010
Waoh! U guys are just too much. Ur suggestions have been very valuable. God bless U and God bless Seun for this great website. Wish me luck guys. as i will surely keep U abreat of developments. Any final word(s)?
Re: I Missed It Before by kadman(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2010
funkybaby:

you are right.
he can omit the apology letter bit if he decides to. its not an apology letter per se. all he has to do is state in the section of 'personal statement' that he was refused based on inconsistent passport and that it was a travel agent that handled the application for him. he should state that he was misled by the travel/tour agent cos he was naive then.

i[b] know someone that faced similar prob as the poster. he applied with his real age, etc and he was refused (based on the excuse of source of funds), no reference was made to his initial fraudulent application. he reapplied again providing more documents to support the source of his finances and he was eventually given the visa.[/b]

This person had exact same issues I had years back

@ OP another phrase you can use is "Passport Irregularities" or something of the sort.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of School In South Korea(any Naija Student In South Korea Plz Help) / Have You Ever Been Refused/denied A Visa? / Lets Talk About It - Business Invitations To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.