Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,340 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast (867 Views)

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. / Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by sellamarket(m): 3:11am On Sep 10, 2018
Nigerian parents of a 15-year-old boy are facing felony child neglect charges after their son died of starvation while the family was fasting in an alleged religious practice in the United State.

The parents, Titilayo and Kehinde Omosebi were arrested by the Reedsburg Police in Wisconsin, US, after their son, Ayanfe, starved to death during the fast.

The teenager’s father, 49-year-old Kehinde Omosebi, according to www.wbtv.com appeared in court Tuesday, where he was officially charged with two counts of neglecting a child. His wife, 48-year-old Titilayo Omosebi, did not appear in court.

A criminal complaint filed Tuesday claims Kehinde Omosebi failed to provide food for his 15-year-old and 11-year-old sons. The father went to the police station Monday to report the 15-year-old, Ayanfe Omosebi, had died.

Police officers reporting to the family’s home described the 15-year-old’s body as extremely emaciated. They say there was no food or eating utensils in the home.

The 11-year-old boy was in poor health when police arrived. He was emaciated and had a hard time walking and talking, police say. The criminal complaint states he had to be carried out of his bedroom because he was unable to walk on his own.

Doctors say the boy will have to stay in the hospital for an extended time as he is treated and returns to eating regularly.

Authorities say there was no electricity in the family home, and the only furniture they found were four metal chairs in the living room, all facing one another.

There were also padlocks placed on the doors on the inside of the house in such a way “someone on the inside would be confined to the home and unable to leave,” according to court records.

Kehinde Omosebi claimed the family was part of a religious group affiliated with Cornerstone Reformation Ministries. Police say they can find no records supporting the claim.

The 49-year-old told police the family had begun fasting July 17 in order to receive a “blessing from God” to move to Atlanta.

According to the criminal complaint, the 15-year-old died Aug. 31, the day Kehinde Omosebi said the fasting was supposed to end. The family reportedly prayed for two days per their religious beliefs before the father reported his son’s death.

Full story: https://readandgetpaid.com/nigerian-parents-in-us-starve-son-to-death-during-40-days-fast/

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:34am On Sep 10, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by marshalcarter: 3:37am On Sep 10, 2018
just negodi these two...these two... these two...these two....wetin i wan even call them sef!!!!!!!!! angry

Christians... y'all better start knowing who you are and stop being gullible for goodness sake

r.i.p li2 kid

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:19am On Sep 10, 2018
these animals will rightfully get what they deserve...religious ignorants!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by Nogodye(m): 4:26am On Sep 10, 2018
These are wolf in sheep clothing...I see no reason to mandate fasting for that little child except it come from a willing heart.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by sykeng(m): 4:47am On Sep 10, 2018
Let him go to jail for his crime, that is a crime against humanity. Black man and religion, China that is bringing down religion houses, the world is running to them to borrow. is it that God do not love China and other western world that knows how to draw the line between religion and humanity? .

You starved a child to death yet he has the temerity to report the case to the police, he would have eaten the dead body. Black nations and extremists. I keep saying it, one of the reasons Nigeria is doomed is religion. The books ( Koran and Bible ) written thousands of years ago can't be modified and some of our religious leaders prey on that to achieve their selfish aims.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by majamajic(m): 5:14am On Sep 10, 2018
so a Nigerian in US still fast for 40 days for help from God ?
and US is my dream country
God should help me come over and see how possible is that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by cococandy(f): 5:32am On Sep 10, 2018
they must have cotton wool where their brains are meant to be

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by sellamarket(m): 5:50am On Sep 10, 2018
cococandy:
they must have cotton wool where their brains are meant to be

Hahahahahahahah!
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:18am On Sep 10, 2018
Na wa oo undecided 40 days and 40 night na wa oo
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by seunny4lif(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2018
They should kill them too.
Useless people just killed that poor boy all in the name of Religion.
Fasting for 40 days with kids?
People are heartless oooooh
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by Eagleword14(f): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2018
Like seriously? shocked
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by BiafraIShere(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2018
NCAN secretary reporting to duty. The names of the culprits are TITILAYO AND KEHINDE OMOSEBI. Afonja skull miners on the rampage tongue tongue Despite living in the United States, they still look ugly, dirty and malnourished like they are still in the South West shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by 2buffagain(m): 1:37am On Sep 12, 2018
They look like professional fasters

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by 1Sharon(f): 4:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Religion claims another one
Re: Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast by LadySarah: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Even though this news is old,I can't imagine how this 48 Yr old woman is looking like a 70 Yr olf.

Jesus said"my yoke is easy and my burden light".Go ponder on it

(1) (Reply)

1600 Watts Inverter + Fast Charger + 200ah Deep Cycle Battery At Awoof Price! / Pls I Need Your Help To Turn A New Leaf / How Many Times Do We Celebrate Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.