Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,320 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Please House,as A Medical Doctor,should I Go The Uk Plab Way Or Madters In Usa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please House,as A Medical Doctor,should I Go The Uk Plab Way Or Madters In Usa? (908 Views)

"The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please House,as A Medical Doctor,should I Go The Uk Plab Way Or Madters In Usa? by platypelloid: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
Please house,which one is the faster and more rewarding route for a medical doctor?
1)Uk plab or
2)MSc/Mph USA ??

Your kind advice Wil be appreciated.
Re: Please House,as A Medical Doctor,should I Go The Uk Plab Way Or Madters In Usa? by yemiosinbajo: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
platypelloid:
Please house,which one is the faster and more rewarding route for a medical doctor?
1)Uk plab or
2)MSc/Mph USA ??

Your kind advice Wil be appreciated.

How far have you gone in your medical career? You may want to refer to the post below, which, although was initially directed to somebody else, I thought that it might help you make informed choices regarding the US path, so I modified it a little. Hopefully, someone else assists you regarding the UK path. You may as well want to get in touch with the poster for more guidance, and I encourage you to follow the UK PLAB thread here on Nairaland.

Timotee:

With regards to the US path, there are several paths. The easiest path will be to write USMLE step 1 (and if possible, step 2ck) during your housejob period. The closest centre is in Ghana. If you're certain you won't be taking any governmental appointment in the future, then you can skip his NYSC.

After applying and getting admitted to an MPH programme (should apply during housejob or NYSC), you can work towards writing step 2cs and step 3 exams while doing your MPH. If you can get an observership while doing your MPH, it will help. Note that studying for the USMLE exams is very intensive and your MPH may suffer as a result. Also, you should put extra effort to getting very good scores on your USMLE exams. A failed exam will impact tremendously on your chances of getting a residency spot; so you should only write the exams when you're fully prepared.

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Usa Visa Help Urgent!!! / Man Escapes Death After Crashing His Lamborghini In Lagos / How Many Months Without Visa are Nigerians Allowed To Stay In Cambodia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.