Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth (7580 Views)

Tips On How To Have Long Healthy Hair In Weeks / Healthy Hair Goals / Five Foods To Eat When You Are Constipated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
Eggs are not only good for the hair externally, but eating them will also give your hair an extra boost to healthy hair growth. They are an excellent source of protein but also provide a source of iron which is needed to healthy hair growth for several reasons.
One of the main reasons is iron helps to carry oxygen to your hair follicles and we all know a healthy basis/source of growth starts at the scalp. .
With a deficient amount of iron you are in danger of drastic hair loss. Be careful not to eat too many eggs though so you don’t run the risk of high cholesterol. A healthy balanced diet is the key!

2. Leafy Greens:

Spinach, broccoli, and kale are three of the top dark leafy greens you want to add plenty of in your diet in order to get a great source of iron, vitamin C, beta carotene, and folate.
These nutrients keep the hair follicles strong as well as keep your scalp naturally oiled.
3. Poultry:
I love love love chicken and could quite possibly eat it every single day. Poultry is another great source of protein that provides zinc, iron, and those oh so important B vitamins that are sold to us in hair vitamins.
You can capture these vitamins naturally in your diet without spending so much money on the “magic pills” that may or may not cause acne breakouts.
4. Salmon:
Salmon is a key player in your diet to help boost healthy hair growth. Not only does this little fishy have proteins to help the building blocks of your natural hair journey, it also contains omega-3 fatty acids that are key to a healthy scalp. .
Salmon is another trick food that you can take instead of the omega-3 pills we get in our local drug or health food stores.

5.  Avocados:

Another source of fatty acids avocados are great externally and internally. I personally use avocados for my pre-poo recipes as they are great for decreasing frizziness and adding in tons of moisture. Avocados help to stimulate collagen and elasticity in hair (and skin) therefore you can’t go wrong either way you use them.

6. Almonds:

I eat almonds almost every day in their natural unsalted form (Trader Joes) and I must say I love that they taste good and are good for you and your hair. Almonds are my safe substitute to hair pills because they are a giant source of BIOTIN! Thats right ladies… the hair pills are chalk full of biotin and so are almonds without the risk of terrible acne breakouts. Now you won’t be getting such a concentrated amount, but substanaily adding almonds to your diet (Even if it is almond milk which I use for my smoothies) will definitely make a difference. I’m not a believer in increased rate of growth or thickness… but if it is at all true/possible than natural almonds are the way to go!

7. Greek Yogurt:

I’m not a fan of any yogurt to be honest but the benefits are crucial. Yogurt, just like avocados and eggs can be used internal and externally to have positive effects on your hair. Your hair follicles get a great surge of beneficial hair growth with the presence of B5 and Vitamin D in the yogurt.

8. Beans:

Ehhh… also not a major fan of eating beans regularly or separately from other foods such as rice. However it is true… legumes are GOOD for you and your hair! Kidney beans and lentils provide protein, iron, zinc, and that all time coveted BIOTIN that we are always in search for. Who knew you could find it beans? Well now you do!

9. Whole Grains:

Now this I can get on board with since it is pretty much in my normal diet anyway. Whole grains like whole grain bread or whole grain cereals give a healthy hair boost in zinc, iron, and B vitamins. Whole grains are also good sources of energy when you are feeling tired half way through your busy hectic days. This way you are killing two birds with one healthy whole grain stone! So next time you are in the supermarket pick up a few things and add them into your diet slowly but surely to increase healthy hair growth and length retention.

This is the first step! There’s much more we have in store so stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by denlee: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hi,

Thank you for sharing these useful tips. I think that most of them are really working and some kinds of food are quite useful for health and strong hair.
But one tip i should mention that before trying some new food you should be sure that you have not allergy on it. Read about food allergy here and get to know the kinds of product that can cause frequently.

1 Like

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2018
Bad hair?? Are you having seriously damaged hair and need a fix? I bring you good news from the oleenahairfood team.
Oleena Alopecia Hairfood is our hairloss butter that efficiently seals in moisture and gives the head all it needs to recover from hairloss.
It heals bald patches, kills off bacterial and dandruff, stimulates hairgrowth from bald areas and makes all hair types rejoice again. It is very essential for long and full hair regimen.

BENEFITS

It heals hair baldness and hairloss issues

It stimulates hair growth and gives you luxurious full and long hair
It seals in essential vitamins and minerals needed for healthy hair

It soothes the scalp and helps to stimulate follicle hair growth.

It tames frizzy hair and heals thinning hair

It helps to lock in moisture for hair strands all day
You get all this and much more when you order and start using oleenahairfood today. .
Don't be told. Let's help you grow a rich, long and healthy hair. .

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
Oleena organic blend shampoo contains 100% organic ingredients that work together to heal the scalp and treat hair conditions such as hairloss, dandruff, thinning hair and shedding hair. .
The combination of essential oils stimulates the scalp and brings nutrients for hair growth.
BENEFITS

It gently cleanses the scalp and removes excess oil without removing the natural oil content from the hair
It moisturizes the hair and treats damaged scalp leaving the hair soft, strong and thick.
It protects the hair from damage, drying and treats split ends.

It grows the hair, makes it long, full, shiny  and healthy within a short time.

It darkens the hair and prevents graying

It cools the scalp and stimulates follicle growth in the process.

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2018
Hair loss is a very common problem for people. A lot of people don't know how to go about restoring damaged hair and most of the times, they end up using products that do little or nothing to repair the hair.
It's no doubt that organic items have been proven to restore damaged hair, you just have to know which one to use.
Our range of hair care products is infused with the very best � percent organic ingredients that has been proven over time to help restore and repair damaged hair. .
Have a question? Please send us a message.

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2018
One of the most beneficial things you can do to maintain the health of your hair is to cover it at night. .
Whether you wrap it with a scarf or don a bonnet, protecting your hair from your bed sheets is important.
You may be unaware, but your cotton bed sheets are leaching the moisture right out of your hair when you sleep at night.
So when you moisturize before bed and lay your head to rest, you could wake up with dry frizzy hair. Also the friction between your strands and the cotton fibers could cause damage.

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
Have you seen an edge control that promises to repair receding edges?
This oleena styling defining gel is a gel with a difference.
So if you have receding edges and you also want to lay back your edges, this is perfect for you.

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
- A scalp massage is an easy shortcut to relaxation and stress release – just think about how great you feel after having your hair shampooed at the salon.

But scalp massage comes with a ton of additional benefits -
1. It increases blood flow to your scalp to promote hair growth.
2. Distributes natural oils to boost hair luster.
3. Help to control or even eliminate dandruff. .
The Oleena Rejuvenating Scalp Massager is a handheld massager that gives you all the benefits of a salon scalp massage in your own shower.
The Oleena Rejuvenating Scalp Massager is water-resistant and fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, allowing you to use as little or as much pressure as you’d like.

It has flexible rubber tips that comfortably stimulate and gently exfoliate your scalp while lathering up your favorite shampoo, or distributing your favorite conditioner or hydrating hair oil. .

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
Getting a hair trim enhances your hair growth. Strange?

I know, i understand, hair that you have been grooming with tender loving care and you are told to cut off the tips.�

This is so to take off the spilt ends and much older hair to give space for newer ones.
So cheer up and go get a trim.

Me: the first time i had to trim my hair, I felt like attaching the hair bits back to my hair after i was done.

Looking at my hair now , I can say that it was worth it.

What was your first trimming experience?

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #igbocurls #fullerhair #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2019
Thank God is Friday(TGIF)

As you get ready to head out don't forget to moisturize your hair and use Oleena hot oil blend and hairfood to lock in moisture, make your soft and have your hair looking fuller and shiny

Then go slay like a diva with your hair rejoicing

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #igbocurls #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Abuja
Syntex cosmetics
Shop c22
Extension building
Efab mall(Area 11 shopping mall)
Abuja

Lagos
Yaba pick up
GameZone
2nd floor E-centre (Ozone cinemas building),
1 - 11 commercial avenue Sabo Yaba, Lagos
Allen

Egbeda,Lagos
Chinyere

AdaGeorge, Port Harcourt
Rita

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2019
The Hair Revolution has begun. Nigeria has risen to embrace her heritage. Our natural hair is beautiful. Something to be proud of and flaunt without shame.
Join in the movement and have complete fulfillment in your hair

@flamellehair

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #flamellehair #igbocurls #naturalhair #naturalhairstyles #naturalhaircare

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
Start early to teach them to love their hair. Tell them how beautiful they are wearing their natural hair and they will blossom and never be ashamed to accept and embrace their identity

@naturalhair_haven

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #flamellehair #igbocurls #naturalhair #naturalhairstyles #naturalhaircare

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
How much does hair shrink?

@the_frohaven

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2019
The inseparable duo- Natural hair and moisture.
Oleena hair spritz is a moisturizer with well thought out ingredients to moisturize,soften hair, add shine and make hair easier to manage. It reduces breakage and aids hair growth. Our hair spritz is 100% organic and is suitable for all hair types - natural and relaxed in both children and adult.

Natural hair without moisture is like a plant that is not watered. It grows sickly and eventually withers and die. Moisturize ur hair today.

Free hair consultation

Abuja
Syntex cosmetics
Shop c22
Extension building
Abuja

Lagos
Yaba pick up
GameZone
Allen

Egbeda,Lagos
Chinyere

AdaGeorge, Port Harcourt
Rita

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
As Lilly flourish on water so does your hair strive with moisture.
Oleena hair moisturizer is promised to give your hair moisture and make it shine

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
Are you are genuinely serious about growing your hair? Then healthy moisture should be your new your best friend.

Use our (spritz) liquid leave in conditioner to give your hair the essential healthy moisture it requires to grow

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #igbocurls #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wondering what to do to your hair for it to have a laid back look all day?
Be really moisturized and soft?
Oleena hair spritz is the solution for you. 100% effective with lovely scent

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #igbocurls #healthyhair #naturalhair #naturalhairstyles #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2019

Free hair consultation

Abuja
Syntex cosmetics
Shop c22
Extension building
Abuja

Lagos
Yaba pick up
GameZone
Allen

Egbeda,Lagos
Chinyere

AdaGeorge, Port Harcourt
Rita

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Harmattan Season by oleenahairfood: 8:03pm
Hair is the beauty of a woman. It requires attention and care. Hair needs Moisture regularly for it not to be dry and frizzy.
Hair also benefits from aloe vera to soften the hair and stimulate growth.
Oleena hair spritz contains these and many more carefully selected ingredients for the good of your hair.

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
BENEFITS OF OLEENA HAIR SPRITZ

Allows you to style your hair in an endless possible ways like twist-out,bantu knots,afro puffs, buns etc.

Allows you grow stronger and thicker crown.

Gives you confidence in your hairs health as all its ingredients are organic and chemical free.

Helps you to achieve longer hair lengths or growth.

Gives your hair added volume and makes it bouncy.

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic#hair #healthyhair #hair #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2019
The joy of caring for your hair with the right products knowing that you can always slay with your hair.

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #Elaineseyi #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Click on the link
https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/5161

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
Growing natural hair can be very demanding and if not properly managed can start breaking,thinning and possibly stop growing.

However, Oleena hair spritz is a hair product that is made to particularly ensure healthy hair growth, thicker hair and make it shine as it should. Have you bought yours yet?

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #elaineseyi #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Oleena Intense hairfertilizer serum is a serum gotten from intense infusion of ayurvedic herbs, chebe, honey and many other organic ingredients to enhance hair growth.

Our hair fertilizer serum prevents hair from thinning out and falling off and it grows hair like crazy especially when combined with the other healthy hair products we sell.

Our serum is like fuel to fire. That is how fast it quickens hair growth

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #healthyhair #naturalhair #hairgoals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
Thank you for the testimony and video @ngozzzi.

Oya team strong hair come and get yours so you can testify too.

All natural hairtypes can be sleek even without artificial gel and you can slay it all day.

#Oleenaorganic
#Oleenahairfood
#hairlosssolution
#hairproductsthatwork
#hustlersquare
#abujahustlerscircle
#abuja
#kaduna
#kano
#lagos
#lekkiwives
#lagosbabes

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2019
Bedtime preparation

Dont forget to apply moisture, seal in and braid your hair to lock in the moisture.

Also use your satin pillowcase or satin hair bonnet.

How do you prepare your hair for your night?

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic
#healthyhair #naturalhair #naturalhairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2019
All products are good but not equal because some are better.Oleena intense fertilizerhair serum is in a league of its own. You can only understand when you have used it and seen the massive result you get.
Its far beyond average.

When you think of Oleena hair serum think of it as fertilizer to hair just like fertilizer to plants.

Free hair consultation

Abuja
Syntex cosmetics
Shop c22
Extension building
Abuja

Lagos
Yaba pick up
GameZone
Allen

Egbeda,Lagos
Chinyere

AdaGeorge, Port Harcourt
Rita

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #elaineseyi #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hair goals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
Learning to love ourselves is the best love. Accepting who and what we are. Appreciate yourself from the crown of your head to the sole of your feet. You are special and unique. Never let anyone tell you otherwise

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #blackout101 #abuja #lagos #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hairgoals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
If you desire to grow long healthy and full hair faster than your normal growth rate, the OLEENA FERTILIZER SERUM is a MUST HAVE for you.

The active ingredients used in this serum stimulates the hair roots and the scalp which triggers almost dying or dormant follicles to start new growth.

It transforms rough and dull mane into shiny, tangle-free and flowing hair.

#Oleenahairfood #Oleenaorganic #blackout101 #abuja #lagos #hair #healthyhair #naturalhair #hairgoals #naturalhairstyles #curlyhair #hairstyles #naturalhaircare #hairlosssolution

For free hair consultation

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by oleenahairfood: 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
What do think?

Me? Natural hair rocks. Relaxed hair is OK but u must ensure to take care of it and avoid relaxing too often in order not to damage your hair.

Re: 9 Foods To Boost Healthy Hair Growth by Zerathomaz: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2019
Thanks for sharing such a piece of valuable information. Hostsailor It was completely new information for me. I was actually worried about my excessive hair fall problem. I think this article will surely help me to solve my hair fall issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Menstruation Is Fast Becoming Optional [ladies] / Constant Headache / Court Orders Residents Doctors To Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.