Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,070 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills (27038 Views)

Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by sanpipita(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
More people for what? Africans will never cease to amaze me, you haven't managed the current population you have and you want more.

4 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by RexTramadol1: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
On the way

Can't wait to make babies without stress mehn!
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Gerrard59(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
AcuraZDX:
Tanzania's President John Magufuli has called on women to stop taking birth control pills, saying the country needs more people.
"Women can now give up contraceptive methods," Magufuli said.

The opposition however criticised the comments, saying they contradicted the country's health policy. Tanzania has a population of around 53 million people, with 49% of them living on less than $2 (£1.50) a day. On average, a woman in Tanzania has more than five children, among the highest rates in the world.

The President made his comments at a rally on Sunday in the northern Meatu district, saying people who use family planning methods were lazy.

"They do not want to work hard to feed a large family. And that is why they opt for births controls and end up with one or two children only. I have travelled to Europe and elsewhere and have seen the harmful effects of birth control. Some countries are now facing declining population growth" he said.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/we-need-more-people-tanzanian-president-warns-women-to-stop-taking-contraceptives-2/

So why does he think Tanzania needs more people? He is not an Abe.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by GOFRONT(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
angry shocked
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by sapeleboi(m): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
me going to Tanzania

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by royalamour(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
I think this man is silly.

3 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Henri8: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
Tanzania here I come.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Bullhari007(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
they should come and borrow those Adult Almajiri from North I heard they reproduce like rabbits

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by IbnAbdullah1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
Merimental:
if only northerners wil take up dat controlled lifestyle.

hmm... even baby factories owners want to advise people.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Merimental(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
Earthquake1:

We need to send them to Tanzania grin
gbam. non academic free course sponsored by Fg.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by robosky02(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
How many children you get?
taa
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by mumureloaded(m): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
How many children you get?
say that again.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by bukatyne(f): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mr. President,

I hope you have iron clad plans for population growth. In fact, can you convince us that the current population is well catered for and the resources available sufficient to sustain your population with excess for the proposed additional growth?

Do you have mother friendly policies for working mothers?

Do you have affordable daycares?

If you want the mothers to say at home, what structure do you have in place to ensure that their husbands are well paid to cater for the home?

What measures do you have in place to ensure that the husbands do not maltreat their wives as they will be financially dependent on them?

Is your educational system, healthcare, housing, feeding etc. equipped to cater for the current population and proposed addition?

Oga, no bi by mouth to scream more population.

You put your money where your mouth is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by chukwutope: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
Send all Nigerian baby mama's there! One thing they are good at is procreating!

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
He is 100 percent correct, China one child policy have failed and they stoped it, Japan is going down but Africa is rising, thanks to the population that even UK is jealos of.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by ike007(m): 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
ceaser500:
if only Thanos wasn't a fictional character.. grin grin
I swear...I saw sense in what he was saying o. Lol
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Oyindidi(f): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
robosky02:
taa
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
bukatyne:
Mr. President,

I hope you have iron clad plans for population growth. In fact, can you convince us that the current population is well catered for and the resources available sufficient to sustain your population with excess for the proposed additional growth?

Do you have mother friendly policies for working mothers?

Do you have affordable daycares?

If you want the mothers to say at home, what structure do you have in place to ensure that their husbands are well paid to cater for the home?

What measures do you have in place to ensure that the husbands do not maltreat their wives as they will be financially dependent on them?

Is your educational system, healthcare, housing, feeding etc. equipped to cater for the current population and proposed addition?

Oga, no bi by mouth to scream more population.

You put your money where your mouth is.

African leaders can't do critical thinking.

6 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
Kamxin:
He is 100 percent correct, China one child policy have failed and they stoped it, Japan is going down but Africa is rising, thanks to the population that even UK is jealos of.
After enjoying the policy, are you enjoying our population? Are people living well in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
Daviddson:
And to know that this man has a doctoral degree or at least was awarded one honorarily sends shivers down my spine.
It's still backward African countries like Nigeria and now Tanzania that see large population as something to be proud of.

What's the pride in being the most populous Black nation on earth with poverty and hunger? None. There's no prize for such - if only there were, I'd be happy seeing that Nigeria takes such prize money every month or year. grin

I tell you

Common sense is very far from many Africans

But there is one stat that caught my eye

49% live on less than $2

while in Nigeria it's between 65-75%

Dayum shocked

4 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
Kamxin:

who told you the "one child policy" failed? ?

What you don't know don't say

The one child policy has achieved its aim, and further implementation of it will cause a demographic shift that won't be too favourable.

But the concept of having planned families have been inculcated in the Chinese over the decades due to that policy

So they are good to go

Too much of everything is bad

Excess children is bad

Too little kids is also had

so what we need is a balance.

Nigeria is sliding into the abyss partly because of our rapid population growth

4 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by delishpot: 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Will he feed and educate the kids that come out of it?

3 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by grandstar(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
Such statement should not even enter the heart how much more blurt it out!

This man is an economic liability

3 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by udemzyudex(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
Only in Africa, funny continent.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ugosample:

who told you the "one child policy" failed? ?

What you don't know don't say

The one child policy has achieved its aim, and further implementation of it will cause a demographic shift that won't be too favourable.

But the concept of having planned families have been inculcated in the Chinese over the decades due to that policy

So they are good to go

Too much of everything is bad

Excess children is bad

Too little kids is also had

so what we need is a balance.

Nigeria is sliding into the abyss partly because of our rapid population growth

So we need a balance...
A balance that will never come, a balance US attain through immigration, a balance that Japan cry everyday for as its economy continue to shrink, A balance China thought could be achieved by force as its demography of ageing population spell doom for its economy. For your information paying people to produce babies AKA baby factory in now allowed in China.
Think again Spain appointed minister for sex or whatever to encourage what the Tanzanian president is hammering on. So the future begin today.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
ontarioissauga:

After enjoying the policy, are you enjoying our population? Are people living well in Nigeria?

Perhaps not, but China, US, Germany, Italy, Russia is enjoying it, Indonesia also. We will arrive there.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Tonimordred(m): 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Dos he as up to 2dozens
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2018
Kamxin:

So we need a balance...
A balance that will never come, a balance US attain through immigration, a balance that Japan cry everyday for as its economy continue to shrink, A balance China thought could be achieved by force as its demography of ageing population spell doom for its economy. For your information paying people to produce babies AKA baby factory in now allowed in China.
Think again Spain appointed minister for sex or whatever to encourage what the Tanzanian president is hammering on. So the future begin today.

Nigeria'a population is growing rapidly and suffering growing with it.

ALL countries with very high birth rates in the world are either grappling with poverty, instability or even both in some cases (middle east)

Having a receding population will make your economy contract, but at least the standard of living will still ge high

Having rapid growth gives room for terrorists, miscreants and environmental disasters.

The choice is ours

2 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by EternalTruths: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
JacksonOyibo:
This is the kind of thing Buhari can say... undecided

My belle wan burst with laugh because of your post grin

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Radicalface: 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
DWJOBScom:
This is funny but the truth remains that every man/woman must consider his pocket while releasing with a shout as more kids means more money esp when they are ill or when they all cry together

see wetin you der give English sleepless night.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.