Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills (27040 Views)

Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by daveP(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Smh

Presidency 11:35 Atiku Wept!!

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 2:32am On Sep 11, 2018
Ugosample:

Nigeria'a population is growing rapidly and suffering growing with it.

ALL countries with very high birth rates in the world are either grappling with poverty, instability or even both in some cases (middle east)

Having a receding population will make your economy contract, but at least the standard of living will still ge high

Having rapid growth gives room for terrorists, miscreants and environmental disasters.

The choice is ours

China, Indonesia, Brazil, Egypt, US, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Iran, defy your entire logic. As China greatest asset is its population, ours is still population even US.

you listed reasons without example of country that follow your line of thought.
Again over population is the cause of terrorism? Which country? Libya iraq or Afganistan. The countries US destroyed?

In the market today you achieve nothing with poor population. If your population start shrinking, no going back again.

Listen to Tanzanian president with his facts and figures...

I have travelled to Europe and elsewhere and have seen the harmful effects of birth control. Some countries are now facing declining population growth"

Population of any country is pure asset From every economic angle. Ask Lagos or Ogun if their bank account is smiling ?
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 11, 2018
If only he knows the impact of rise in population on the economy, he won't be saying this.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 4:16am On Sep 11, 2018
Colourich:
If only he knows the impact of rise in population on the economy, he won't be saying this.

Education is perpetual, but nigerians tend to hold archiac policies of Japan and China that both countries reject today.
Europeans have more regret.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by pat077: 6:42am On Sep 11, 2018
Africa will always be Africa

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Makukwe: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2018
I think something is wrong with African's leaders .

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Rumicarter: 7:05am On Sep 11, 2018
Ugosample:

I tell you

Common sense is very far from many Africans

But there is one stat that caught my eye

49% live on less than $2

while in Nigeria it's between 65-75%

Dayum shocked

In Nigeria those 65 - 75 % live on less than $1.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Stallion93(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2018
youngest85:
E be like say na free education dem deh do for that country
Yes na, Few months after he resumed office he declared free education from creche till Tertiary level
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by israelmao(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2018
We are at your service in case you need some Nigerians because our population is exploding daily.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by uzolexis(f): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2018
Kamxin:

So we need a balance...
A balance that will never come, a balance US attain through immigration, a balance that Japan cry everyday for as its economy continue to shrink, A balance China thought could be achieved by force as its demography of ageing population spell doom for its economy. For your information paying people to produce babies AKA baby factory in now allowed in China.
Think again Spain appointed minister for sex or whatever to encourage what the Tanzanian president is hammering on. So the future begin today.
Those are rich countries that can take care of their pple , did you see the indices for Tanzania and do you know that 70% of Nigerians live below the poverty line? Until those indices change then we can talk about stopping birth control.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2018
uzolexis:

Those are rich countries that can take care of their pple , did you see the indices for Tanzania and do you know that 70% of Nigerians live below the poverty line? Until those indices change then we can talk about stopping birth control.

My point is simple

Don't start what you can't stop!

By the way a growing population is an asset in 21st century. Apple will not close down its factory in US and move to China if not for population.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2018
uzolexis:

My point is simple

By the way a growing population is an asset in 21st century. Apple will not close down its factory in US and move to China if not for population.

Your brother Dangote opened a cement factory in Tanzania, you ca tell me why. population is sexy business-wise.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2018
Kamxin:

China, Indonesia, Brazil, Egypt, US, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Iran, defy your entire logic. As China greatest asset is its population, ours is still population even US.

you listed reasons without example of country that follow your line of thought.
Again over population is the cause of terrorism? Which country? Libya iraq or Afganistan. The countries US destroyed?

In the market today you achieve nothing with poor population. If your population start shrinking, no going back again.

Listen to Tanzanian president with his facts and figures...

Population of any country is pure asset From every economic angle. Ask Lagos or Ogun if their bank account is smiling ?

Those countries you have listed up there do not have a HIGH POPULATION GROWTH RATE.
Note the difference

Growth rate!
Germany has more than 80m folks, but the population is growing very slowly
China's population growth has been very slow too

America own us a moderate growth

Saudi is just less than 35m

the growth rate is worrisome and need to be checked

We have enough hands already

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2018
Ugosample:

Those countries you have listed up there do not have a HIGH POPULATION GROWTH RATE.
Note the difference

Growth rate!
Germany has more than 80m folks, but the population is growing very slowly
China's population growth has been very slow too

America own us a moderate growth

Saudi is just less than 35m

the growth rate is worrisome and need to be checked

We have enough hands already

Germany and US that is using immigration to come to terms with reality is your model?

China that is on the same page with Tanzanian president, after one child policy failed is your model?

I think I have no point to prove again after you evaded Brazil, Iran, Egypt, Indonesia or even the hopeless case of Japan.

Every European country is a time bomb, Demography wise.
Africa cannot tow the path of failure. QED
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by uzolexis(f): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2018
Kamxin:

My point is simple

Your brother Dangote opened a cement factory in Tanzania, you ca tell me why. population is sexy business-wise.

Our population is not an asset. Over 70% of our population is uneducated and poor so what can they contribute. China has an educated population and its an asset to them.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2018
Kamxin:

Germany and US that is using immigration to come to terms with reality is your model?

China that is on the same page with Tanzanian president, after one child policy failed is your model?

I think I have no point to prove again after you evaded Brazil, Iran, Egypt, Indonesia or even the hopeless case of Japan.

Every European country is a time bomb, Demography wise.
Africa cannot tow the path of failure. QED

undecided undecided

i did not lisr ALL the countries, I just picked some for reference.

Now that you have mentioned it, let's get to it

Brazil and Egypt has an alarming poverty rate...

A trip to the favelaa for example prove my point
And while the upscale Brazilians are reducing the number of kids they have; those in the favelas are rearing like pigs hence the high crime rates and poverty prevalent there.

Japan's case is an extreme case, but they will still cope because for countries with declining populations, they cxan turn to automation (like SwitZerland)

You guys should continue rapid reproduction in that shithole you hear?
I will not be there when shit hits the fan, neither will my kids be.
we will be watching it in the news elsewhere grin tongue

A country that grew almost six times in 50 years is a dangerous country to live in.

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2018
uzolexis:

Our population is not an asset. Over 70% of our population is uneducated and poor so what can they contribute. China has an educated population and its an asset to them.

The thing is that he is not even taking into considerations the growth rate

A country growing at more than 2% annually is in a serious predicament

Your population CAN be an asset, (in Nigeria it isn't; too many backward, poor, useless and dependants) But when it's growing at an unsustainable rate, you have to put that in check.

Check the population of India, China, Nigeria, Britain and the USA in 1960 and compare it with their 2018 figures, then you will see how dangerous Nigeria predicament is. undecided

4 Likes

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2018
Ugosample:

Brazil and Egypt has an alarming poverty rate...

A trip to the favelaa for example prove my point
And while the upscale Brazilians are reducing the number of kids they have; those in the favelas are rearing like pigs hence the high crime rates and poverty prevalent there.

Japan's case is an extreme case, but they will still cope because for countries with declining populations, they cxan turn to automation (like SwitZerland)

You used China to show that over-population is not the cause of poverty earlier reducing this paragraph to null and void. So lets move on. I hear say Buhari is your maternal grand-father

Let me not forget I will buy Teddy bear for you to add to your lineage so your robot generation can have people to work for.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by sisisioge: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2018
Arinndin!

1 Like

Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Ugosample(m): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2018
Kamxin:

You used China to show that over-population is not the cause of poverty earlier reducing this paragraph to null and void. So lets move on. I hear say Buhari is your maternal grand-father

Let me not forget I will buy Teddy bear for you to add to your lineage so your robot generation can have people to work for.

This guy is just............... undecided

can't you distinguish population itself from the GROWTH RATE,

A country with a rapid population growth rate, even if they are just 15m people, is in a trouble if they came slow it down.

A country can be populous without A ridiculous growth rate

But in Nigeria'a case; It's both populous (over 170 m souls shocked) and having a rapid population growth rate (over 2%)

if you cannot come to terms with that, then I should not be having this conversation with you undecided

Go in peace
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Kamxin(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ugosample:

This guy is just............... undecided

can't you distinguish population itself from the GROWTH RATE,

A country with a rapid population growth rate, even if they are just 15m people, is in a trouble if they came slow it down.

A country can be populous without A ridiculous growth rate

But in Nigeria'a case; It's both populous (over 170 m souls shocked) and having a rapid population growth rate (over 2%)

if you cannot come to terms with that, then I should not be having this conversation with you undecided

Go in peace

You speak the language of people who brought One Child Policy. When the reality became obvious they abandon it for status quo ante. Growth rate is as simple as simple interest we did in primary school, so chill.

Since population can never be constant,
Population growth and population shrink are two options, you chose the latter, I chose the former because it can be managed unlike your choice. I drop my keyboard.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Angrymode: 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
These sort of talk is the reason why mother earth will soon be worn out cry cry cry

I thought old people are suppose to b wiser but I really don't understand these days.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Women are just causing potential damages to their wombs. It's unfair to restrict aspiring children from coming to this world.

Well said. Very well said. Here take an e-kiss kiss
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by SolutionMee: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ioannes:

Well said. Very well said. Here take an e-kiss kiss
E-kiss from a male? It would have been better if you're a lady grin
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
uzolexis:

Don't blame population growth for that. Blame the clueless leaders who don't know what to do with the resources at their disposal.

If you are told that there is population explosion and that we should reduce the rate of birth they are deceiving you.

Do you know that less than 30% of the habital space on this planet is actually habited by man?

I don't know where you live, but take a trip from one part of the country to another part interstate and look out the window. What do you see? Kilometers of virgin forest spread in all direction until you get to the next town. And you say that resources are scarce?
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
SolutionMee:

E-kiss from a male? It would have been better if you're a lady grin

Oh lawd! God help me. I cover my yansh with the blood of Habakkuk.

#runsOutOfTreadInFear
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by uzolexis(f): 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:

Don't blame population growth for that. Blame the clueless leaders who don't know what to do with the resources at their disposal.

If you are told that there is population explosion and that we should reduce the rate of birth they are deceiving you.

Do you know that less than 30% of the habital space on this planet is actually habited by man?

I don't know where you live, but take a trip from one part of the country to another part interstate and look out the window. What do you see? Kilometers of virgin forest spread in all direction until you get to the next town. And you say that resources are scarce?

I agree our leaders are not doing their job but until we get leadership right, we have no business procreating uncontrollably, bringing more people than we can take care of to suffer. It makes no sense.

So you want man to occupy 100% of the "habitual space" before you agree we are overpopulated So where will other living things go to I hope you know the activities of man is the greatest contribution to environmental damage.
Re: "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
uzolexis:

I agree our leaders are not doing their job but until we get leadership right, we have no business procreating uncontrollably, bringing more people than we can take care of to suffer. It makes no sense.

So you want man to occupy 100% of the "habitual space" before you agree we are overpopulated So where will other living things go to I hope you know the activities of man is the greatest contribution to environmental damage.

Population also known as human resource is actually a plus for any nation that has it in abundance. There is a reason why countries like Canada and Australia are inviting people to their countries to stay. How do you grow your economy with zero population growth? Not possible.

Today, China is the world leader. I wonder when the United States will realize that it has fumbled and dropped the ball.

China's population has become it's strength.

Cutting off the head is definitely not the panacea for headache.
Restricting people from procreating won't make Nigeria develop.

If Nigeria currently has a population of 5,000 and people like Saraki, Ekweremadu, David Mark, Atiku, Dino Melaye, Tinubu etc are still in power, please tell me what you think will change.

Countries like China, the US, India all have way more population each than Nigeria and yet we are blaming out lack of development on a resource that God has blessed us with.

Have you noticed that it is getting progressively more difficult for young couples to conceive compared to a century or even half a century ago? Do you think less people are dying these days than before?

Add that reduction in births to other factors which

include changing social trends like the acceptance of

socially deviant behaviours like homosexuality,

abortion, the use of contraceptive pills, financial

depression that makes marriageable youths unwilling

and unable to raise a family, and so on and you'll realize

that birth rate has plunged even further while death rate

continues to rise due to continued and sustained

violence, depression-induced suicide, drug-induced

suicide, wars and political instability in the different

corners of the world, terrorism, etc and you'll realize

that the world is being gradually and ever so slowly

depleted of humans.

Less people give birth to less number of children these days. We haven't noticed because we haven't gotten to a crisis situation just yet. The human being needs to procreate more at this point in history otherwise we face extinction as a species.

What poorer countries should fight for is not a reduction in birth rates (that's suicidal for any nation), what they should fight for is a better management of the various natural and human resources the countries have.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.