Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. (1459 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / 5 Sure-fire Ways To Getting Your Voice Heard In Your Workplace As An Introvert. / What's The Role Of A Business Analyst? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. by CTransitioners: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Today i want to share with you 5 steps on how to become a Business Analyst.

First step is to get formally trained: The reason I made this one the first is because I see a lot of BA in the industry and I work with a lot of them on a day to day basis and I can say a lot of BA don't actually have formal training on what business analysis is all about, they have a lot of technical skills, a lot of subject matter expertise but not great at understanding what the BA actually does and it kind of shows.

There are a couple of standards that are out there in the market at the moment. The one I recommend is the BCS certification programs. If you are in the UK, you'd know that the BCS is the de-facto certification body for Business Analysts. If you are in the US or Canada, the IIBA is the recognized certification body. And I will recommend the foundation certificate in BA because it gives you a
nice broad view of what Business Analysis is all about.

Second Step is to get some hands-on experience: There is nothing better than knowing how to use some of the tools and techniques that you learn in the classroom, for example, how you draw or map a business process and being able to use them in a real-life scenario is really important. If you don't have any experience in BA at all, there are lots of organizations that specialize in giving hands-on experience. Sometimes there are organizations that don't realize that they require a business analyst that you actually work for free.

The third point is to develop your CV as a business analyst CV: Business Analysis is one of the most sought-after skill sets or career in the digital economy today, only second to perhaps Project Management. lots of careers are becoming very popular like UX designer, digital marketing and lots of development roles and IT roles are becoming very popular but BA is still one of the most sought-after roles in the digital economy. So creating a CV that talks about you as a BA is really key.

Fourth is develop your Linkedin profile: In today's world, most recruiters go to LinkedIn to get to look at who you are and see if your profile on LinkedIn actually matches what your CV says. So make sure that your LinkedIn profile matches your CV and make sure it sells you as a business analyst.

The fifth step is to have a BA mentor: Look for someone who currently works as business analyst or has worked as business analyst in recent times and get them to tell you their story on how they became a business analyst including all the things that they had to do to be successful in the role as a BA.

To learn more on how easy it can be to become a Business Analyst and start earning big working as one, visit www.careertransitioners.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. by mrphysics(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
Everything about BA is summed up as follows:

1. Elicitation/requirement gathering
2. Communication
3. Technical/solution design
3. Quality Assurance
4. Project management.

As one, I enjoy when I develop solution to top IT projects. I have had to design, implement and automate most manual process for government and select institutions that appreciate and value technology. Working closely with Software developers, BAs is one of those skills people are yet to locate. As a physicist BA role, I have had to use my analytic skills to proffer solution to the digital automation of taxes for states and FG.

However, I missed solving quantum mechanics problem and I am working towards advancing my career in physics and obtaining necessary BA certifications.
Re: How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. by CTransitioners: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sounds like you already know much about the BA profession, and i am glad to know people are getting to know the importance and how lucrative this line of work is.
Thanks Mr Physics, if you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to contact us:
info@careertransitioners.com
www.careetransitioners.com
whatsapp: 08032053322
You follow us across all social media for industry news, career advice, special offers and lots more.
mrphysics:
Everything about BA is summed up as follows:

1. Elicitation/requirement gathering
2. Communication
3. Technical/solution design
3. Quality Assurance
4. Project management.

As one, I enjoy when I develop solution to top IT projects. I have had to design, implement and automate most manual process for government and select institutions that appreciate and value technology. Working closely with Software developers, BAs is one of those skills people are yet to locate. As a physicist BA role, I have had to use my analytic skills to proffer solution to the digital automation of taxes for states and FG.

However, I missed solving quantum mechanics problem and I am working towards advancing my career in physics and obtaining necessary BA certifications.
Re: How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. by Ebi4life: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
CTransitioners:
Today i want to share with you 5 steps on how to become a Business Analyst.

First step is to get formally trained: The reason I made this one the first is because I see a lot of BA in the industry and I work with a lot of them on a day to day basis and I can say a lot of BA don't actually have formal training on what business analysis is all about, they have a lot of technical skills, a lot of subject matter expertise but not great at understanding what the BA actually does and it kind of shows.

There are a couple of standards that are out there in the market at the moment. The one I recommend is the BCS certification programs. If you are in the UK, you'd know that the BCS is the de-facto certification body for Business Analysts. If you are in the US or Canada, the IIBA is the recognized certification body. And I will recommend the foundation certificate in BA because it gives you a
nice broad view of what Business Analysis is all about.

Second Step is to get some hands-on experience: There is nothing better than knowing how to use some of the tools and techniques that you learn in the classroom, for example, how you draw or map a business process and being able to use them in a real-life scenario is really important. If you don't have any experience in BA at all, there are lots of organizations that specialize in giving hands-on experience. Sometimes there are organizations that don't realize that they require a business analyst that you actually work for free.

The third point is to develop your CV as a business analyst CV: Business Analysis is one of the most sought-after skill sets or career in the digital economy today, only second to perhaps Project Management. lots of careers are becoming very popular like UX designer, digital marketing and lots of development roles and IT roles are becoming very popular but BA is still one of the most sought-after roles in the digital economy. So creating a CV that talks about you as a BA is really key.

Fourth is develop your Linkedin profile: In today's world, most recruiters go to LinkedIn to get to look at who you are and see if your profile on LinkedIn actually matches what your CV says. So make sure that your LinkedIn profile matches your CV and make sure it sells you as a business analyst.

The fifth step is to have a BA mentor: Look for someone who currently works as business analyst or has worked as business analyst in recent times and get them to tell you their story on how they became a business analyst including all the things that they had to do to be successful in the role as a BA.

To learn more on how easy it can be to become a Business Analyst and start earning big working as one, visit www.careertransitioners.com
I am a geologist. If I want to become a business analysts where do I start from and how lucrative is it.
Re: How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. by CTransitioners: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2018
Ebi4life:
I am a geologist. If I want to become a business analysts where do I start from and how lucrative is it.

Wow! @Ebi4life, Glad to know you are interested in becoming a Business Analyst.
The fact that you are a Geologist doesn't affect your Business Analysis career, because there are different paths to follow as a BA, you can be anything and still become a Business Analyst, you will have more advantage in the line of work.
As to how lucrative it is to be a BA in Nigeria, you can earn as much as N400,000 in a month and even more depending on the company hiring you. Yes, you heard me right!
You can start your BA journey with us, there are free courses you can start with,
visit www.careertransitioners.com and sign up for a free course.
Follow us on all social media platforms to learn more, and you can always send us an email info@careertransitioners.com.
Call or Whatsapp 08032053322 to speak with our Customer Care Rep.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: How To Become A Business Analyst-5 Sure Steps To Follow. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hi, i am BACKEND developer with a strong linux/ubuntu experience. I can help you get websites contracted to you done fast especially if they have backend needs such aws/digital ocean, cron jobs , mx records , dns configuration , web push notification , api developments and documentation , ssl, web vulnerabilities fixes, chatbot and mobile apps

My works:
API and Chatbot on aws: Prewin.com.ng

Quiz App: Naijachamp.com

Mobile App: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13wuo_bZzcBrYuCJx8GcMaBCnND6PRLET/view?usp=drivesdk

Mobile App: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h0Eii8xJzW3FRoPQL_IQQUGPIRpl7Zrd/view?usp=drivesdk

Cron job: Zytiga.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Ican Professional Exam / Earning N25,000 Per Month, Unable To Save In It. (tHrOw In Ur ViEw) / I Got My Appraisal !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.