Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built (3465 Views)

Pastor Chris Foundation Commissions The Largest 100% Free School In Edo State / The Largest Mega Primary School In Borno State (Photos) / Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Automotive1(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5rM6gbRWo

The Project 941 or Akula (Shark in Russia ) are the biggest class of submarines ever designed and built.The massive subs has a length of 175m, beam of 23m and draught of 12m.

The nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines,known as the Typhoon by the NATO, was built by the Soviet Navy in the 1980s with the World War 3 in mind.

They are so big that the over 150 crews can stay underneath the water for up to 120 days in normal conditions.

The Typhoon Class submarines were known for its complete stealth and soundlessness while moving under water. It can sail at a speed of 22.22 knots( 25.57 mph) on the surface and 27 knots ( 31 mph) under water.

The submarine carries 20 RSM-52 SLBM (Submarine-Launched intercontinental Ballistic Missiles) each with a maximum of 10 MIRV (multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle) nuclear warheads (i.e each one is strong enough to destroy a city the size of New York.

It is also equipped with six 533mm (21in) torpedo tubes and type 53 torpedoes

They are powered by two nuclear water reactors, four 3,200KW turbogenerators and two 50,000hp steam turbines- that's enough to power a small city.

The Russian Navy canceled the Typhoon submarines upgrade program because modernizing one would be as expensive as building two new Borei-class submarines,i.e. the second largest class of submarines

Only the first of the 6 Typhoon class submarines ever built is still in active service with the Russian Navy.

The Typhoon Class submarines have been replaced by the shorter and powerful Borei class submarines since 2010-2011.

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/meet-the-russian-typhoon-class-submarinethe-largest-and-greatest-sub-ever-built/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Mgbadike80: 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
while a certain African zoo ruled by a lifeless dullard is celebrating the plan to build a pencil making factory.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
DICON needs to sit up.
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by stigmond(m): 12:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Nawa oh, we're are we heading Shogun layé ni? Uhmmm indeed it is a balance of nature. War must happen!!!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by revolt(m): 6:29am On Sep 12, 2018
Automotive1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5rM6gbRWo

The Project 941 or Akula (Shark in Russia ) are the biggest class of submarines ever designed and built.The massive subs has a length of 175m, beam of 23m and draught of 12m.

The nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines,known as the Typhoon by the NATO, was built by the Soviet Navy in the 1980s with the World War 3 in mind.

They are so big that the over 150 crews can stay underneath the water for up to 120 days in normal conditions.

The Typhoon Class submarines were known for its complete stealth and soundlessness while moving under water. It can sail at a speed of 22.22 knots( 25.57 mph) on the surface and 27 knots ( 31 mph) under water.

The submarine carries 20 RSM-52 SLBM (Submarine-Launched intercontinental Ballistic Missiles) each with a maximum of 10 MIRV (multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle) nuclear warheads (i.e each one is strong enough to destroy a city the size of New York.

It is also equipped with six 533mm (21in) torpedo tubes and type 53 torpedoes

They are powered by two nuclear water reactors, four 3,200KW turbogenerators and two 50,000hp steam turbines- that's enough to power a small city.

The Russian Navy canceled the Typhoon submarines upgrade program because modernizing one would be as expensive as building two new Borei-class submarines,i.e. the second largest class of submarines

Only the first of the 6 Typhoon class submarines ever built is still in active service with the Russian Navy.

The Typhoon Class submarines have been replaced by the shorter and powerful Borei class submarines since 2010-2011.

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/meet-the-russian-typhoon-class-submarinethe-largest-and-greatest-sub-ever-built/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun
bro for normal humans this should spark some deep thoughts and rhetorical questioning BUT here lies a large number of negroes. As long as it has nothing to do with babymama juju religion sex drinking partying and dancing tribal jingoism etc the topic wd be avoided like a plague. These are trivial issues as far as the negro is concerned.A waste of precious gossip and party time. Trivials only well deserving for jobless people like the white man and asians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by abumeinben(m): 6:35am On Sep 12, 2018
Satan-1
Satan-2
Now Akula...

Shoooooouuuuu!?

Are we having any intergalactic invasion anytime soon?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by homerac7: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2018
OP,

Please check out USS Pennsylvania and her 3 other sister boats from the Ohio Class submarines. They are the biggest and most powerful submarines currently in operation in any navy. Their weapons load and noise(less) level out-class the Akula class boats.

In addition, read up on the Seawolf class, and Los Angeles class.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2018
Rubbish just one strike from USA greatest jet this shit is gone.

America remain world greatest, God made it so and no country can defeat them till Jesus comes.

I spit on Russia

I spit on China

I spit on Saudi Arabia

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by bankyblue(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2018
Pls make them shot half enter sambisa make we rest
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Auladimeji(m): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

America remain world greatest, God made it so and no country can defeat them till Jesus comes.

I spit on Russia

I spit on China

I spit on Saudi Arabia
Problem tie niye

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2018
Excellent

1 Like

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Afonja will avoid this thread because this is beyond their scope

Here in Biafra,we have great minds that can build these things, we did it during the civil war

Igbo Amaka

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by DavidEsq(m): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2018
Auladimeji:
Problem tie niye
He is right tho! Check ur bible Daniel 2:30-44, Daniel 7, 8 and 9
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Avoidsexxx(m): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

I spit on Russia

I spit on China

I spit on Saudi Arabia
*changes,the only constant thing
*roman empire
but but wetin concerns us here...okay we are also humans....who have atleast right to comment either right or rubbish. ndi be anyi dejee nu!
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Auladimeji(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Afonja will avoid this thread because this is beyond their scope

Here in Biafra,we have great minds that can build these things, we did it during the civil war

Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Auladimeji(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

I spit on Russia

I spit on China

I spit on Saudi Arabia
America is never the strongest, what Nigeria faced/facing, if America faces it,She'll turn to desert

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by Aykush(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

I spit on Russia

I spit on China

I spit on Saudi Arabia

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by IbokPatrick(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Beautiful stuff..

1 Like

Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by DCONE1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mgbadike80:
while a certain African zoo ruled by a lifeless dullard is celebrating the plan to build a pencil making factory.
have you forgotten that you are the dirty smelly pig in the zoo that everybody is running from grin
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by McStoic(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
Auladimeji:
America is never the strongest, what Nigeria faced/facing, if America faces it,She'll turn to desert

Alagomeji stop mocking yourself. At least your so called America's problems were not self inflicted. They're also sincere to themselves unlike Nigeria. QUIT THE TRAGICOMEDY ALREADY JOOR!
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by id4sho(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

I spit on Russia

I spit on China

I spit on Saudi Arabia
Israelis nkoor.
Re: Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built by DONFASZY(m): 8:30am On Sep 13, 2018
na toothpick...we jus start to dey manufacture

(1) (Reply)

****outstandings In My 2008 Waec Results / Ebsu Requirement For Medicine And Surgery. / Futminna 3 New Schools/faculty Approved By Nuc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.