Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name (20701 Views)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by correctbae: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Feminist Nkechi Bianze wrote a post on the women body changes during pregnancy.

-Pregnancy and body changes.
-Labour and/or CS.
-Having strangers check your vagina for contractions.“
-Episiotomy
-Membrane Sweep
-Breastfeeding

I’m NOT sorry to say.
But….
People should stop mourning and complaining about how there are several Mother’s Days and just one Father’s Day.

You can’t compare having sex and ejaculating to doing or going through at least three of those things listed.

For every one Father’s Day, it’s very fair and ok for us to have 100 Mother’s Days. It’s perfect like that.

I definitely want at least two biological children, and I’m dreading going through these twice.
I covertly and overtly pray for twins, so I can use a stone to kill two birds, and avoid going through these things twice.

How did the world come to agree that a child should bear the father’s surname? Women clearly do more than 90% of the job of bringing a child to the world. So, how did the early humans make such decision?

I’m thinking something.

Me and the father of my children will have to discuss about surname. I’m gong to go through a whole lot bringing these babies to the world, and I deserve a little more.

However, in the comment section, Amaka White Ojinnaka said she won’t change her surname to her husband’s name. She also made mention that her children’s name will also be the combination of her name hyphen her husband’s name

She said “I was discussing this with a guy who was asking me out .. If I have our baby, we must name the child both our surnames hyphenated. No way I’m going through this shit and my baby wont take part of my name. He isn’t OK with it… I have asked him to walk.I am Not shifting grounds on that one. I ain’t even changing my name. Not even one name. I do not believe my name should be thrown away for any reason. He says it’s for easy identification… � I said fine… Why not change your name to mine so we can easily be identified… �Guess who thinks it’s ridiculous? � Same dude. I just told him to carry himself away from me. It obviously can never work.

Replying to her comment, other ladies like Efe Osato Ehi and Nneka Angel also said that’s exactly what they will do.

Readmore: Ladies Agrees They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husbands’ When They Get Married https://correctbae.ng/2018/09/09/ladies-agrees-they-wont-change-their-surname-to-their-husbands-when-they-get-married/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by eph12(m): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
Is she still bearing her dad's name?

159 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by clive2u(m): 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
she no for even marry sef
see as krokro full that one body

35 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Ytea(f): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
The last two women looks scary cry
If that's their choice, they'll def get men who would be cool with it. I hope they find what they're looking for.

19 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Khd95(m): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Who wan gree marry u sef grin

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Jafar1: 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
feminists after divorce, lol

51 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nonsense and Ingredients angry

They should also agree to pay their dowry's also

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by sexymoma(f): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
i want to believe these feminist know that they will give birth to a male child one day, i pray their daughter-in-law should have same mentality and let see how it goes....You see why divorce will not end in this country, one foolish woman now will now follow suit, dey follow dem shout say na true.
God go punish feminism, fine i can't stand women been cheated buh fighting for equal rights, i wonder when your brains will open to understand it not possible..buh when you get belle, u hubby nor get belle, when u dey labor pain, your hubby nor even get small stomach pain, some of them sef na beer palor dem go tell am say wife don born....

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by ct2: 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
men don't disturb your self , make lots of money then you will be influential in the society like the dangotes, otedolas , then she will willing change her name to your name completely.

51 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by eleojo23: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
They are not even married yet..

Let them find who will marry them first.

They are putting the cart before the horse...

205 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by nyscnews: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
okay
Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by BiafranBushBoy: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lol

The Op saw feminists, I saw frustrated women...

Clearly see that both of the two commenter are still unmarried - with each praying to give birth.

Don't listen to what they type, listen to their body language...

The worst part is that some foolish ones reading this online would want to replicate the same thing offline...

Most women online are becoming dumber just as the days roll by.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by AngelicBeing: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
shocked

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Useless feminists.

They will still end up as sex objects.

9 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Amberon: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lmao..I don't subscribe to that school of thought but I just remembered now that my sister's friend and her siblings all bear a collaboration of their mom and dad's name.

Modified: why are you men taking this personal. It's not that deep grin

4 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by okrikaboi: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
am a proud masculinist. some women be having useless ego saying they do 90% of d job complaining about child birth is more like being a coward cos dats how u are wired don't like it then go get a dick my mom and dad share responsibilities 50/50 feminists believe in equality i love dat but ranting about submission is stupid female animals don't Mount males. idiots

21 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by itiswellandwell: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by cvibe2: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is how they start. Before you know it, they start going from one church to the other, one singles fellowship to the other, one you must get your own husband by fire by force praise and worship.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Problem tiwon niyen

4 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by DoTheNeedful: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na their life. Statements like that has much to do with youthful exuberance than feminism. undecided

If they refuse to adopt their husbands' surnames and retain their dad's, they will still be answering a man's name. If the thing pain them for body and they decide to take their mother's surname, it would still be a man's name. It's a patriarchal world. Let them deal with it.

As powerful as Hilary Clinton and most other distinguish women in the world are, they all adopted their husband's name. While some other young ladies are doing a lot all over the world to enrich themselves and position themselves for opportunities, these dirty ladies with smelly pants are shouting feminism up and down social media.

Who dem epp

39 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Uniquetani1(f): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nice idea
Good it was brought up
Y should I forgo my Dad's name bcoz of marriage?
My title changing from Miss to Mrs is enough.
God doesn't support oversabi

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Naijawebmaster: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
99% of females don't understand the concept of feminism. It's really awful. Even this so called wannabe feminists are not even ready to accept the responsibilities that comes with having equal rights with a man.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

7 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Rubbish talk!
I have said it severally that ALL feminists have mental problem!

To all the feminists out there!!!

31 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by TheMan3: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
See all of them making mouth. Group of unhappy women. Come back next year and check them out again.. some would be happily Married and flunthing happily their husbands name.

18 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Afonjacoward: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
Who de fuc.k is this b.itch??
Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by bettercreature(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Useless feminists.

They will still end up as sex objects.

Its turning to a cult!They will start carrying weapon soon
Its very easy Nigerian Men should start their own
Anti bride-price movement

22 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by tstx(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
Them never reach 30... leave them

20 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by eph12(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
It's not even her name, it's her dad's name.

17 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by yazach: 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nice
Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Sirpaul(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
no wonder... at the end of the day they start running from one mountain to another looking for husband

8 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by Fariq: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
Before why will you change your Surname to your husband name? It's illogical because you only have one biological father and it should remain so forever.

You married someone you change your name in court, pay newspaper for publication. And if he divorce you next year you will still change your name.

3 Likes

Re: Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name by wristbangle: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
The question the guy suppose to have asked this stench feminist is, why are u bearing your father's last name not your mum's?

Uniquetani1:
Nice idea
Good it is brought up
Y should I forgo my Dad's name bcoz of marriage?
My title changing from Miss to Mrs is enough.
God doesn't support oversabi
You are wrong. Why not bear your mother's maiden name?

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? / Adults Misunderstanding Kids' Questions. / How Would You React To This Video As A Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.