Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes (28936 Views)

See My Yummy Homemade Suya, Good For Evening Relaxation (pix And Video) / Top Foods That Improve Your Sex Life (Photos) / Foods That Can Help You Look Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Revolva(m): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
Your eyes are the window to the world. However, we tend to exploit and overuse them by watching computer and mobile screens for longer hours. It is very important to take care of your eyes and keep them healthy in order to reduce the risk of developing eye conditions like cataract, glaucoma, poor night vision and dry eyes. To ward off the risk, it is imperative to maintain a healthy and well-balanced diet that is rich in vitamin A. i emphasis that if you are not loading up on enough vitamin A for the day, you must include these foods to keep your eye health in check.

Carrots

One of the richest sources of vitamin A is carrot. It is said that just one carrot has over 200% of your daily value of vitamin A, plus it has got other essential nutrients like vitamins B, K, and C, as well as fibre and magnesium.

Spinach

Spinach is yet another food that has a good amount of vitamin A along with iron that keeps your eyes healthy. Just one cup of spinach can give you 100 percent of vitamin A.

Mangoes

Mangoes may be high in sweetness and calories, but one mango doesn't harm; in fact, it can only help keep your eyes healthy. A cupful of mangoes can give you up to 35 percent of vitamin A.

Pawpaw

Pawpaw has got tons of nutrients and minerals along with antioxidants and enzymes that are beneficial for your overall health. It is said that pawpaws give 29 percent of your daily value of vitamin A.

Red bell peppers

Add red bell peppers to your food more often, as they give you about 75 percent of vitamin A along with vitamin C that helps keep your eyes and health in check.

http://healthjustok.com/2018/09/12/five-vitamin-rich-foods-that-are-good-for-your-eyes/

2 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by stefanweeks: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
What of Igbo?
E dey make eye red

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Jafar1: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
stefanweeks:
What of Igbo? E dey make eye red
no, e dey widen brain

23 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by stefanweeks: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jafar1:
no, e dey widen brain

Ur head dey there my man

7 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by miqos03: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good but my signature will benefit you
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by 9jayes: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
I know cockroach is very rich in vitamins

2 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by firo08(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
[quote author=stefanweeks post=71131306]What of Igbo?
E dey make eye red[/quote
Lol.
Junkie.
Stop weed especially oshogbo and ukwale weed.

4 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Xhakazette: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Anything for good vision.

1 Like

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Edoziesmart(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Very nice and informative article.
Rushing to my fruit market tomorrow to get few of these aforementioned fruits.

Fruit is good for the health

2 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by lawalosky(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
stefanweeks:
What of Igbo?
E dey make eye red
Jafar1:
no, e dey widen brain
y
stefanweeks:

Ur head dey there my man
see them, lazy yuts. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Iscoalarcon: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
What is red bell pepper

2 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by sacajawea: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Original Hygienic Palm oil, and Original Palm Wine too

To think of it Both of them palm Hmmn
Is there something we don't know

2 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by tobidipity(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Coconut water and urine ko?
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Iscoalarcon: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
lawalosky:
y
y fo Yokuzuna the fat badass nigger

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Catastrophe1: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Thank u so much poster.

2 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Avoid drinking accumulated Garri

1 Like

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Doctorfitz: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
The fruits are ok, buh pls conditions like cataracts and glaucoma are far more complicated than not eating fruits... Pls bikonu lahor
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by dermmy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Potato
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by inoki247: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
thought I will see people's favorite Lie Onions but Lo I couldn't that's how my Sister nearly kill me with onions knowing well I hate it even if she makes me Tea and Custard I dey see onions inside..

1 Like

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by pilarnig(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Which one be Red Bell Peppers? Just tell us shumbo

3 Likes

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by thunderbabs: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Please ooo. You people wey go school coz me run comot for school.

Is spinach the popular yoruba ewedu or its something else?

Coz i see spinach somewhere, then see picture of some leaves you do not even recognise.

Is spinach ewedu?

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by jahabless: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
9jayes:
I know cockroach is very rich in vitamins
cockroach milk
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Iscoalarcon: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
inoki247:
jk
For the 2015 Lagos guber aspirant aka Just Kidding

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
stefanweeks:
What of Igbo?
E dey make eye red
Why Una must show una self in victor ad voice" if u no get brain wetin u gain for dis life"
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by AlphaStyles(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
but mango season don go na and which one be red bell pepper?

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jjj
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by fineboynl(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
that's cucumber na. the total information is misleading. including the photo doesn't donates to the over all topics.

the conditions listed there is not as a result of lack of fruit or vitamin.

1 Like

Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by osemoses1234(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
inoki247:
thought I will see people's favorite Lie Onions but Lo I couldn't that's how my Sister nearly kill me with onions knowing well I hate it even if she makes me Tea and Custard I dey see onions inside..
I salute for ur Lamba
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Edoziesmart:
Very nice and informative article.
Rushing to my fruit market tomorrow to get few of these aforementioned fruits.

Fruit is good for the health
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by IYANGBALI: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
The list is incomplete without akpu, gari, semi and pounded yam
Re: Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Informative as usual...

But what is Red bell pepper?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Themed Restaurants In Lagos Nigeria / Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips. / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.