Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince (4884 Views)

Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:18

Be Changed By Beholding Christ

If you go to any good bookstore, you will find a section called “Self-Improvement”. Here, you’ll find all kinds of books describing various principles and methods you can follow to improve yourself. In all these books, the focus is on you using your willpower and self-discipline to apply the principles to improve yourself.

But God does not want you focusing on yourself. That’s self-occupation, which can only take you so far, with results that last only as long as your willpower lasts. God has a higher way. He wants you to be Christ-occupied. When you look to yourself to improve yourself, you are putting confidence in your flesh. But the Bible tells us that in our flesh dwells no good thing (Romans 7:18), and that we should put no confidence in our flesh (Philippians 3:3).

My friend, the best way to change yourself is to forget self and be occupied with Christ. When you read the Bible, see His beauty, His majesty, His compassion and His grace. As you keep beholding and meditating on His glory, the Holy Spirit inside you goes to work in you. He will transform you into the very same image of Christ. You will be changed from glory to glory, experiencing true and lasting inward transformation!

21 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Mariangeles(f): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
jiggaz:
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

If you go to any good bookstore, you will find a section called “Self-Improvement”. Here, you’ll find all kinds of books describing various principles and methods you can follow to improve yourself. In all these books, the focus is on you using your willpower and self-discipline to apply the principles to improve yourself.

But God does not want you focusing on yourself. That’s self-occupation, which can only take you so far, with results that last only as long as your willpower lasts. God has a higher way. He wants you to be Christ-occupied. When you look to yourself to improve yourself, you are putting confidence in your flesh. But the Bible tells us that in our flesh dwells no good thing (Romans 7:18), and that we should put no confidence in our flesh (Philippians 3:3).

My friend, the best way to change yourself is to forget self and be occupied with Christ. When you read the Bible, see His beauty, His majesty, His compassion and His grace. As you keep beholding and meditating on His glory, the Holy Spirit inside you goes to work in you. He will transform you into the very same image of Christ. You will be changed from glory to glory, experiencing true and lasting inward transformation!

Inspiring!
Thanks for the reminder...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mariangeles:
Inspiring!
Thanks for the reminder...
You welcome!!

1 Like

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:40am On Sep 13, 2018
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Janeyinspires(f): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
Just the thought that God loves me with an everlasting love and He will NEVER leave me ,gives me peace and calmness in the midst of worries and challenges.

7 Likes

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
Janeyinspires:
Just the thought that God loves me with an everlasting love and He will NEVER leave me ,gives me peace and calmness in the midst of worries and challenges.
That's so true dear!!

1 Like

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
Now
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2018
I changed by eating her ukwu

1 Like

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Deman05(m): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2018
Awesome, thanks
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Marchman: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2018
Forget yourself and focus on Christ? In a church like Christ Embassy, try that you'd be completely milked and destroyed. Following God doesn't mean you have to lose your sense of self and what's best for you.
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2018
Deman05:
Awesome, thanks
You welcome
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2018
Sharon6:
Jesus Christ the way, the truth and the life.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
Yes dear
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by colosa: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2018
Jesus is the only way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by generationz(f): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2018
Joseph Prince don reach nairaland
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by pimper24: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2018
short but highly inspiring. I didn't how to church today, but this, words is what my spirit man has yearned for today. Thanks for sharing
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by pimper24: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2018
short but highly inspiring. I didn't how to church today, but this, words is what my spirit man has yearned for today. Thanks for sharing
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2018
generationz:
Joseph Prince don reach nairaland
lol tey tey nah... Since 2015...
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2018
pimper24:
you welcome
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 30, 2018
Marchman:
Forget yourself and focus on Christ? In a church like Christ Embassy, try that you'd be completely milked and destroyed. Following God doesn't mean you have to lose your sense of self and what's best for you.
for once in your life, forget denomination, read something, lift up your hand and and give glory to God. see how because of your denomination veil and bias you have missed the message.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Zayncom: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
Are you into importation from China or the US? We are the cheapest China/US shopping agent you can find anywhere, visit my signature to check out our website
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by cooluc(f): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by xcelentattitude(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
How can one forget SELF? SELF- that evil nature present in every man. Makes you feel happy when people applaud you, and sad when people criticize you that makes you look at someone and say 'how can he talk to me like that, how can he ask me to do that etc'. SELF indeed is the greatest enemy a man can have.
If you know you know.
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Tees9: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
a man filled with the holy spirit. God continually bless you Pastor Prince.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by nigerianonym: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
xcelentattitude:
How can one forget SELF? SELF- that evil nature present in every man. Makes you feel happy when people applaud you, and sad when people criticize you that makes you look at someone and say 'how can he talk to me like that, how can he ask me to do that etc'. SELF indeed is the greatest enemy a man can have.
If you know you know.

No man can do it himself, but if we present ourselves to God, He will do it. It doesn't happen automatically, there has to be a burning desire and prayer for it.
He circumcises our hearts as He says in Deuteronomy 30:6 - And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. The same way one submits himself for circumcision in the flesh, so also one must submit for circumcision Of The heart.

God bless.
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by xcelentattitude(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
nigerianonym:

No man can do it himself, but if we present ourselves to God, He will do it. It doesn't happen automatically, there has to be a burning desire and prayer for it.
He circumcises our hearts as He says in Deuteronomy 30:6 - And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. The same way one submits himself for circumcision in the flesh, so also one must submit for circumcision Of The heart.

God bless.

Bless you sir.
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by rolla10(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
jiggaz:

Q. E. D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by Lucifer66(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
I feel changed when i have a chilled soft drink under nepa.
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by D1official: 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
Thank you Jesus.So inspiring.
Re: Be Changed By Beholding Christ - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
D1official:
Thank you Jesus.So inspiring.
Yes oo. Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO - Demon Possessed Man Bites Head Off Live Chicken In TB Joshua's Church!!! / Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. / I Saw These Pastors In Hell Fire [a Must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.