Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,258 members, 7,846,187 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World (24615 Views)

Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd / Who Is Really Nigeria's Greatest Footballer? / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Stegomiah: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
brainworkng:
Thats the voice of a failure. Where u keep ororo CR7? Messy cant measure up grin

Did you just call Mikel a failure?
You no just get sense

A failure that can buy you, your past, present and future generations
The most successful, wealthiest Nigerian footballer
I wanna be that kind failure

Oponu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Sleekfingers: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yeah, you are right..but you nko? To me. You are the most useless player Nigeria have ever produced.
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Wasky101: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
olufalaye:
Rubbish he could say that since he hasn't played against Ronaldo.

For me Ronaldo is the greatest footballer of all time
Have you played against Ronaldo?

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by SirGentle2(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mikel should be ashamed of himself, he was his runner up during the competition then, See the gap between the both of them...
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by presido2e(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mikel is 100% right. Lionel Andres Messi is the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT). No debate about that, no controversy!

9 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by IYANGBALI: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
Shamuless boy
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by IYANGBALI: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
SirGentle2:
Mikel should be ashamed of himself, he was his runner up during the competition then, See the gap between the both of them...
no mind the shamuless boy
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by modextus(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
There are very few footballers that say that about cr7. But you'll always hear this about Messi. But cr7 fans would rather call their country man a fool for saying the truth. I've said it and I'll continue saying it. Even if i were to be a a Mardrid or Man u fan. I still wouldn't fail to admit that Messi is a better player. Both team mates and opponents admits that Messi is well above the rest.

14 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Omobaba573: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
I RESPECT THAT GUY CALLED MESSI

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by frankwyte: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
I guess he is right in his own view: the difference is Messi is a natural talent while C.Ronaldo workout is talent...
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by chris20000: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mikel joins the list of many professionals who know that messi is GOAT.

8 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by SirLakes: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Qsscruz:
I know some may oppose to this even though has silenced his critics severally.. Lets know who comes out on top..Like for CR7 Share for MS10..

Seriously, are you normal undecided
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mikel is talking from experience. Messi has been ‘owning’ him since 2005 when they both played in the Olympics.

Messi has ruled the turf when they met in the champions league when Mikel was at Chelsea and even when Chelsea won the UCL, I’m not sure he met Messi enroute.

At the national team level, Messi has won all. Messi was absent when Mikel and co beat Argentina 4-2 and if Messi wasn’t in Russia, Mikel would’ve won and gone into the second round.

Conclusion. Mikel is messiphobia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by kadree(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Obi you are right.

He( Boateng) is a living witness.

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Celestyn8213: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
From your own point of view ba
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by zuma4k(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Eeeyaaa.. Ronaldo fans kpele... Messi's not just the best in the World, he's simply the best that has ever graced the game!

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Olumeme: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2018
Who doesn't know that? Penalty and tap ins can't make you the best footballer na..

Messi ni oooo

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by okonyia(m): 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
I disagreed with Mikel on this. But that his own opinion and no one will stop him from shareing his view. For me I CR7 is the best, coming to think of what he has achieved, trophies he has Won,. Champion leagues 4 times, with real Madrid. The cups he has won in Putugal, England, and Spain. Mesi has been in one club and has never face challenges from other clubs. So for me CR7 remains the best of all
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by CodeTemplar: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
olufalaye:

against man utd?

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by brainworkng: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
You are nothing but a retard, so u are still among toddlers who equates money for success, ode oshi Grow up...we are talking of achievements, how many goals has he ever scored in his life? Thst is what I call success. Indomie generation. Oponu ayirada
Stegomiah:

Did you just call Mikel a failure?
You no just get sense

A failure that can buy you, your past, present and future generations
The most successful, wealthiest Nigerian footballer
I wanna be that kind failure

Oponu
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Qsscruz(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
SirLakes:

Seriously, are you normal undecided

I am as fit as fiddle.. And you, are you sane?
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by asawanathegreat(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
Buhari is the world best player of all time.
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by astOorR(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
olufalaye:

Mechie onu gi.
Mikel played against Ronaldo while plying his trade at Chelsea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
Kamelot77:
G. O. A. T
Not funny undecided
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
okonyia:
I disagreed with Mikel on this. But that his own opinion and no one will stop him from shareing his view. For me I CR7 is the best, coming to think of what he has achieved, trophies he has Won,. Champion leagues 4 times, with real Madrid. The cups he has won in Putugal, England, and Spain. Mesi has been in one club and has never face challenges from other clubs. So for me CR7 remains the best of all

And Messi still have the highest trophy not lesser than 6 compared to Ronaldo undecided
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by chris20000: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Sharpshooota post=71160462]Until Messi leaves Barcelona and proof himself somewhere else [/quot
Elsewhere like Nigerian league, NONENSE!!
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by rickyboss333: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
timidapsin:
Sure he is

And hazard is the greatest Dribbler in the world

are u sure of wat ur saying? if that is, where then will that place Ronaldinho?

Dribbling requires a whole variety of skills put in one. Hazard is good no doubt about that, but u would agree with me that he doesnt possess enough skills 2 be a dribbler. he simply does what messi does (except that messi does it better), which is "on the run" pursuit. He is also very fast with the ball glued to his legs, once again just like messi (except that messi does it better) but he is not the fastest sprinter (I believe that's where CR7 comes in). so these things are pretty technical and should be judged as such
my own thoughts though.
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Sharpshooota: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=chris20000 post=71161254][/quote]

England.. Italy... Germany etc
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by mbos: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
Amberon:
They are both great but I prefer Ronaldo and I think he's the greatest.
Messi is master dribbler while ROnaldo is just a striker and Bale is a better Striker.

Messi is also a smooth striker

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by chris20000: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
okonyia:

Which challenge are you talking about, okay let him come to Nigerian league and prove himself or rather go to England third division since he is looking for challenges.
Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Stegomiah: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
brainworkng:
You are nothing but a retard, so u are still among toddlers who equates money for success, ode oshi Grow up...we are talking of achievements, how many goals has he ever scored in his life? Thst is what I call success. Indomie generation. Oponu ayirada

Bro, for a guy... I know more about football than you do
No, need to stain my hands stupid dealing with numbskull

Just so you know... It's not a defensive midfielders job to score goals
And moreover success is in terms of trophies and pay
Stop embarrassing yourself.... Your ignorance is too obvious

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World by Austinchamakh(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
LoL..
I no blame u naaaa.
U no Sabi play ball so u no go knw who Sabi pass.
Mumu!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Secures Signing Of Luka Jovic In £51m Deal With Frankfurt / Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list / Injured Super Falcons Defender Onome Who Had Surgery Steps Out In Style(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.