Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia (32764 Views)

Mastermind of Abuja bank robbery arrested / Meet Captain Tijjani Balarabe: Unmasking ‘Mastermind’ Of Taraba Police Killings / 32 SARS Operatives In Detention In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Letenwam: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2018
A 43-year-old Nigerian man identified as Fisayo Oluwafemi, who is said to be the kingpin of a four-person strong crime syndicate, has been accused of defrauding victims of almost $3 million through an alleged romance, identification and business scam he was running from inside Sydney's Villawood Detention Centre with 16 phones. 

The Nigerian man who ran the scam from inside the immigration detention facility by using 16 mobile phones, defrauded various small business owners, identity theft victims and would-be lovers since the start of the year.

The suspect who was arrested at Villawood Detention Centre on Thursday morning and charged with knowingly directing the activities of a criminal group, two counts of dealing with the proceeds of crime and possessing identity information to commit an offence, heads the syndicate group allegedly involved in romance scams, sending emails pretending to be from accounts payable, stealing identities and the fraudulent sale of products.

The Nigerian man who was denied bail by the Police and will be arraigned in Bankstown Local Court on Friday, was arrested after three other alleged syndicate members were apprehended by police under Strike Force Woolana.

One of the suspects, 36-year-old Nigerian national Harriette Bangura was arrested last Tuesday and charged with laundering $500,000 that police allege she obtained through fraudulent business emails. Harriette who is charged with 11 counts of dealing with the proceeds of crime and was granted bail by Central Local Court to reappear in November, had her Land Rover suspected to be the proceeds of crime, as well as mobile phones, documents and SIM cards from her Kingswood home and a Hoxton Park storage unit seized. 

Two other Nigerian nationals were also arrested, after the police raided a Chester Hill home last Wednesday. It was gathered that a 20-year-old man, who police say helped launder $90,000 through fraudulent business emails, was arrested at home and charged with seven counts of recklessly dealing with the proceeds of crime and an identity theft offence.

SMH reported that a woman, also 20, was charged with knowingly dealing with the proceeds of crime. Police will allege that she was involved in the laundering of $17,000 obtained through business email compromise.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-uses-16-phones-to-mastermind-3m-scam-from-detention-centre/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by chris20000: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2018
Some people are trying to put things right in this contry while some are busy tarnishing the image of this country. What am I even saying.

Does this country still have an image to be tarnished sef.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Ekez(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2018
Afonja and internet fruad are like buhari and incompetency.

209 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by gaby(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
It is na waaaa...

I won't keep quiet about it...the truth needs telling.

Money garnered illegally only lasts for a while, in the end, it breeds more problems than the good time it had accorded you. I am an example to this fact and story is on my siggy no shames about it.

Let's learn to hustle legit and live right, that trump's it all.

Peace..

Enjoy my siggy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by HolyClement001(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nigeria and crime be like hell and heaven
Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by dynicks(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
NCAN members arriving......this thread go sweet

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by millionboi2: 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
Who is doing us

Check my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by sotall(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
Fisayo Oluwafemi....

Dem use crime do you ni

Imagine scamming people from inside prison

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by dingbang(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
Na only God go save us

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by ikdaddy01(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by anytaij: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
sad Na So them go dey Disgrace this Country everywhere they go...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by diebuhari1: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yorubas and crime are like Buhari and insecurity

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by dynicks(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
please some one should spell nd pronounce that name again....ok ..........Ooooo....luuu...waa..femi"
....alright;...thanks

......as always "THE DEFENDING CHAMPS".....sophistication elevated to another level......Recorded

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Fitbillionairep: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
omg, it is a skull miner afonja this time, not even a useless ipob developer or a yamini.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by AngelicBeing: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Putin1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
I'm not surprised

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by AleAirHub(m): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
NA dem grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Sharpshooota: 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
Sheer genius

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by flyca: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
These people are making life diffucult for hard-working Nigerians in diaspora!

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Oyingbo
Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by BruncleZuma: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by alhassanyusuf29(m): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
today my brother from enugu has disappointed me,I thought ill see his name as usual grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by visijo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
Respect Nigerians especially people from The other side... If you know you know..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by ylaa(f): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
$3m while in detention! OMG! I wonder what he would have done if he were not in detention. Hmmmmm
Anyway, proud to be a Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
Even without seeing the name, I already knew it would be a Yoruba person.

Rituals & Fraud is nothing to them. you can't even chat with a foreigner as a Nigerian without getting a negative reaction, very bad of them.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by Rexnegro(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
seriously I don't just understand anymore , where is the dignity in working hard ? personally I don't joke with my freedom, so any crime that will jeopardize my freedom and rest of mind I stay far away from it. I rather work for a year to achieve what crime will give me in one deal. my freedom is key no matter where I am.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used 16 Phones To Mastermind $3m Scam From Detention In Australia by kaycee125: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Afonja people no dey use wire wire joke, even from prison you can take the freedom away from him but you cant take away the wire wire instincts.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RRS Arrests Robber During House-To-House Robbery In Agege,Others Flee With Money / Ugandan Man Beats Wife To Pulp For Interrupting His Sex With Another Woman (Pix) / Gay Paedophile Caught In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.